Import Anime Forums

Full Version: DVD Burners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hehe, I bought 50 DVD-Rs for 10$CDN, I expected them to be crap but they work quite well on all of my stanalone DVD players so far. Don't know if they will last long or not but for sure I'm going to get more.

DVD-Shrink is a good program but for best quality for compressing dual layer to single layer DVD-Rebuilder is the program to use, it uses CCE to re-encode the video and will re-author the DVD after by itself so it is pretty simple to use.

I think a PC DVD burner is alot more flexible than a standalone one but I'm not too familiar with how standalone ones work, anyways, recording TV for me is useless as I don't even have cable/satelite and still use an antenna to watch TV. I can just download TV shows with Bittorrent in DivX/Xvid, the quality is very good and my standalone DVD player can play most Divx/Xvid files in avi container. It doesn't playDivX/Xvid with Qpel or GMC nor does it play .ogm files but thats no big deal as it is quite simple and quick to convert ogm to avi.
I personally use DVDShrink myself. CloneDVD is VERY good also, but it's NOT FREE!
guitarshredder Wrote:I personally use DVDShrink myself. CloneDVD is VERY good also, but it's NOT FREE!

Not much is free the software I currently use was no where near free cost like $100 since than the company was CLOSED in America... 321 Studios was the companies name if I am not mistaken...
Puppet Master Wrote:Not much is free the software I currently use was no where near free cost like $100 since than the company was CLOSED in America... 321 Studios was the companies name if I am not mistaken...

Ahhhh yes... X copy... nice program... handles double layered disks and stuff that DVD Shrink couldn't touch... haven't quite figured out how it does it, it must compress differently.. I got to go look for DVD Rebuilder... laugh...
X Copy had a lawsuite or something didnt it?

i got my copy from a warez site
mWahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PM and Matthew, are ya'll members at the VideoHelp Forums???
rav96 Wrote:X Copy had a lawsuite or something didnt it?

i got my copy from a warez site
mWahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep it did... so they removed it from the US market.... along with who knows what other ones...
Amethyst Wrote:Ahhhh yes... X copy... nice program... handles double layered disks and stuff that DVD Shrink couldn't touch... haven't quite figured out how it does it, it must compress differently.. I got to go look for DVD Rebuilder... laugh...

DVDX Copy Platinum rules and it does handle all discs no problem...
hmmmmm just wondering which is the best quality DVD9 to DVD5 copier that retains menus etc..but gets rid of or really dowsizes extras???

DVD Shrink....
DVD Rebuilder....
DVDX Copy.....
???

coz i have all 3 and was wondering what you guys think... though i have read some of the opinions posted from before...
rav96 Wrote:hmmmmm just wondering which is the best quality DVD9 to DVD5 copier that retains menus etc..but gets rid of or really dowsizes extras???

DVD Shrink....
DVD Rebuilder....
DVDX Copy.....
???

coz i have all 3 and was wondering what you guys think... though i have read some of the opinions posted from before...

From my exprience DVDX Copy keeps EVERYTHING. The only problem ive ever run into was with a double movie...To be exact I was an IDIOT and left both versions on for the copy full and wide. I don't know if it's possible to get rid of extras id like to though as well LOL...I hate the bonus features with DVDs I NEVER watch em...
DVDshrink lets you get rid of extras thats for sure

i just wanna know which is best quality coz different sites and forum say different things

i want best Quality not bothered about waiting longer Big Grin
rav96 Wrote:hmmmmm just wondering which is the best quality DVD9 to DVD5 copier that retains menus etc..but gets rid of or really dowsizes extras???

DVD Shrink....
DVD Rebuilder....
DVDX Copy.....
???

DVD Shrink will let you get rid of extras on the disk to give you better video quality whereas DVDX Copy won't, like Puppet Master said...

As for Video quality, I just tried that and compared a disk done with Shrink & X Copy, I didn't notice much of a difference between them... both were on an FX Yu Yu Hakasho 10 episode disk so both had a lot of shaky movement to them whereas the original had some... X Copy does put in a Backup Menu that if you really hate it, you can write the disk out to your hard drive and edit the menu out of the disk then rewrite it to a DVDR... so it is no longer a one step process.... (I have a DVD reader drive and DVD writer) I tried to test it with Rebuilder, but the #### thing errored out after 2 days of waiting for it to finish... Rebuilder takes too long to copy a disk... and unless the video quality is way more superior to the others, I can't see any reason to bother with it since you have to copy everything to the hard drive and still allow a ton of room for it to work... Can someone rate the video quality of it so I can see if I want to mess with it some more?
rav96 Wrote:DVDshrink lets you get rid of extras thats for sure

i just wanna know which is best quality coz different sites and forum say different things

i want best Quality not bothered about waiting longer Big Grin

As ive said DVD X Copy comes out pretty damn good...I can very rarely see any problems with the copies compared to the originals and the others I have never seen in action before. DVD Shrink is supposed to be pretty good to a friend of my dad uses it...

guitarshredder Wrote:PM and Matthew, are ya'll members at the VideoHelp Forums???

Nah this is the only forum I even registered for in years...
At my Staples, they had a sale on DVD burners for Black Friday. Only $30 for an internal -+R/W dual layer DVD burner. Too bad they were gone when I got there. At least I got 50 Blank DVDs for $4. Man I was so freakin' happy.

I use

VirtualDub (Optional, to filter out defects, cut scenes, adjust color/etc.)
CCE (encoding)
Sonic Scenarist (Authoring. Around $10,000 legally, but what they hey)

Seems to be the best setup. Big Grin

They're not they're all chocked up to be. I'm so sick of friends and teachers asking me "So how can I copy this movie I rented?", and I want to go ballistic on their ass and yell at them about single-layer DVDs, blah blah.

At the store, this old couple was all "Oh, if we get a DVD burner, we can but all our home movies on DVD. That'd be real nice", and I almost told them they'd have to spend abouter hundred or so to capture the movie, then try to author it with the crap sotware its packaged with, then burn it, but whatever.

A burner is NOT all you need to make DVDs. It's just one of the many things required.
dvd_master Wrote:At my Staples, they had a sale on DVD burners for Black Friday. Only $30 for an internal -+R/W dual layer DVD burner. Too bad they were gone when I got there. At least I got 50 Blank DVDs for $4. Man I was so freakin' happy.

I use

VirtualDub (Optional, to filter out defects, cut scenes, adjust color/etc.)
CCE (encoding)
Sonic Scenarist (Authoring. Around $10,000 legally, but what they hey)

Seems to be the best setup. Big Grin

They're not they're all chocked up to be. I'm so sick of friends and teachers asking me "So how can I copy this movie I rented?", and I want to go ballistic on their ass and yell at them about single-layer DVDs, blah blah.

At the store, this old couple was all "Oh, if we get a DVD burner, we can but all our home movies on DVD. That'd be real nice", and I almost told them they'd have to spend abouter hundred or so to capture the movie, then try to author it with the crap sotware its packaged with, then burn it, but whatever.

A burner is NOT all you need to make DVDs. It's just one of the many things required.

Yup gets more expensive after that just like anything else... BTW HOW do your teachers know you have a burner? I don't tell anyone I know about it really and it saves me a lot of problems...
Pages: 1 2 3