Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Fighter In the Wind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey ya all! I just bought this korean movie "fighter in the wind" and boy it was awesome. Its like watching a live action anime with a mix of romance and drama in it. The movie is filled with martial arts action and Im sure all you fighting nuts out there will be impressed by this one. Pick up a copy and you'll see what Im talking about! Big Grin
i have only seen a slew of live action films mostly Jet Li and some other small titles a few of my favs from my times at hollywood video are :

-Vampire effect
-So close
-Tube

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:i have only seen a slew of live action films mostly Jet Li and some other small titles a few of my favs from my times at hollywood video are :

-Vampire effect
-So close
-Tube

-LE

If you're looking for hardcore martial arts action "fighter of the wind" is an awesome movie. Speaking of Vampire Effect, there is a 2nd movie of the same title. Actually the original title is "Twins Effect" not Vampire Effect then there's Twins Effect 2 with Donnie Yen and Jackie Chan in it as well.
I've been meaning to check out another Korean movie called Ong Bak that all the reviewers have been raving about lately. It's supposed to be a new step forward for realistic fighting in movies.
You should! coz its kinda mix of jacky chan and Van Damme. Its a different style of fighting. Its a must for martial arts fanatics!

Zagatto Wrote:I've been meaning to check out another Korean movie called Ong Bak that all the reviewers have been raving about lately. It's supposed to be a new step forward for realistic fighting in movies.
Oh and Ong bak is not a korean movie. Its thai

Zagatto Wrote:I've been meaning to check out another Korean movie called Ong Bak that all the reviewers have been raving about lately. It's supposed to be a new step forward for realistic fighting in movies.

Onk Bak is cool but it's nothing more than an action movie (not much of a story). I liked it particularly for the settings and the combats.
are you into fighting movies too?
Homeless Joe Wrote:are you into fighting movies too?

Me? Yeah, I'm into fighting movies as well. However they need to have a good story, they can't be just about fighting or I'll get bored. I'm rather fond of samurai movies because of all the sword fights.
My boyfriend's brothers are going to give him the 3 dvd special edition of Casshern for Christmas, I can't wait to watch it!
damn, i wish i could find a girl like you down here, beautiful, into anime and fighting movies!! the perfect woman
Homeless Joe Wrote:damn, i wish i could find a girl like you down here, beautiful, into anime and fighting movies!! the perfect woman

Thank you, you know how to make a girl feel special. :o But I'm not perfect, not by far. Wink
Andromeda18_ Wrote:My boyfriend's brothers are going to give him the 3 dvd special edition of Casshern for Christmas, I can't wait to watch it!

If only I could get my hands on Casshern, that would be awesome. Where did he got it (or... Where will he get it) ?
I just watched Ong Bak last night and it was worth hunting down. My wife and I are betting on how long before Hollywood picks up the lead actor from the movie to use over here. I'm guessing that the Thai movie industry doesn't pay as well as Hollywood.
shugotenshi Wrote:If only I could get my hands on Casshern, that would be awesome. Where did he got it (or... Where will he get it) ?

There's a Portuguese website that sells that sort of stuff. It's very useful if you're interested in buying special (pricey) editions. They're selling Casshern, an amazing edition of Fighter in the Wind (see the pic below) and sometime during next week they'll have the new Ghost in the Shell movie available (they also have many other asian movies on sale). Casshern's edition is the Japanese one but fortunately it comes with English subtitles.
You can check it out: http://www.eol.com.pt/proddet.php?Produto_ID=23931
but since most of the site is in Portuguese you're probably not going to understand anything.
You are sooo lucky !
I would pay a fairly amount of money to have this special release of Casshern in my region (dvd region 1 ->*Quebec (oooh, political issue here)). Well, you'll have the obligation to tell me if it is as good as it seems ! please ? Wink
Pages: 1 2