Import Anime Forums

Full Version: the better halo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Schultz Wrote:i don't care for either of them.. so you should of added halo sucks.. but then again i don't care for FPS's anyway..

Yes, Halo sucks should have been an option. I love Time Splitters 2's multiplayer. You can be set on fire and run around and set other people on fire by tagging them. It's fun and pretty original. Halo is just standard on it's features and modes, and I don't have an X-Box. Also, when I play with my friends I always wonder if one will kill the others because of how pissed they get when they lose (especially when they drink), so I don't have fond memories of the game.
Ok firstly, Halo and Halo2 are made originally for X-box, so they are designed to run with the "crapass" X-box controller. If they were originally on PC and then ported to X-box then that point would have vailidity, such as Wolfenstein, but Halo and Halo2 are originally desinged for X-box, so the kb/mouse compliant is nulified, and theifore not a valid point in this debate.

Is the Halo series over-rated? well is any popular and very hyped up game over-rated?. The answer? yes and no. Yes the game in question is normally a very good or fantastic game that does alot of fantastic things in one package and can change the way the genre is looked at, etc.. but some people get carried away and try to mkae it out as the best thing ever or the second comming of Jesus, so yes the game that they talk about is normally really great, but a couple of rabid fanboys sometimes take things over-board. But this is hardly the games fault, and its quality does not diminish or increase because of this. It all depends on who you ask, that determins if that particular person over-rates it. You can't just say that everyone does.

I'm not talking about Halo specifially here, just any really popular quality game. As for the option of "I think Halo sucks", the standard fanboy response, this is not a thread about "what do you think of the Halo series" or "do you like the halo series?". This is "Which Halo do you think is better?". This is something that can only possibly have 2 options because there are only 2 Halo games. As far as I'm aware "Halo sucks" is not a game. Wink So don't mention things that are not relevant to the topic.

As for my answer, I think Halo 2 is better from what I've played so far. But obvioulsy there are certain niggly things that I prefered in part 1, and then other stuff that I like more in part 2 etc.. its a trade off to try and get the most quality.
I still don't think Halo 2 is over-hyped. =P

I know my girlfriend isn't going to like Halo 2 multiplayer. She's gonna get a tank 'cuz she likes tanks and i'm gonna sneak up on her every time and jump on and melee her to death. =P
Cidien Wrote:I still don't think Halo 2 is over-hyped. =P

I know my girlfriend isn't going to like Halo 2 multiplayer. She's gonna get a tank 'cuz she likes tanks and i'm gonna sneak up on her every time and jump on and melee her to death. =P

LOL...Halo 2 isnt all that big of a deal to me I played it for a bit and got bored so I left it on for my bro to continue his game...What I find funny is everyone ive heard from in my school hates the ending just like I do lol...

But the thing that made Halo fun in the first place for me was what I like to call 'The Human Grenade' I would always throw a grenade onto my brothers guy and tell him to charge LOL...

I don't know if I ever mentioned this but a friend of mine well he was till he moved...Well he was playing Halo he was against a grunt and it honest to god said F**K You LMAO it was the funniest thing ever...Hes the only one to ever get mocked by the little pieces of crap LOL....
i just started playing halo 2 so i'm not sure which one i like better. it is cool to have two guns though, it's like an endless stream off bullets. so far halo 2 actually seems easier and i think i might have to go with halo 1 as being better. as far as fps go, goldeneye kicked ass!! i'm not much for pc play, i feel i have more control with the controlers on consoles, though i agree that the xbox controller sucks, others are much better
Ya, Goldeneye gets my vote for best FPS on a console award. Probably put more hours into that game single player and multiplayer than all other console FPS's combined.
Halo2 is for the people who sucked at Halo1. they made the pistol one of the worst weapons in halo2 (even though i still own people with it) and they made the rocket all powerful. the story in halo2 sucks, the levels are short, the Multiplayer maps are huge and almost every level has vehicles so if its enabled, you can grab the flag and get in a banshee and you are pretty much guaranteed a capture. and what i think made halo1 so great is all the glitches in multiplayer and all the wierd places you could explore in campaign. in halo2 there are lots of invisible walls that block you from doing anything fun. halo2 focused on graphics (fasion over function) screw it
yeah, i noticed the pistol isn't as good in halo 2, it was one of my favorite weapons in the first halo i was rather dissapointed when i started to use it in halo 2 and found it rather lacking. i agree with you, halo 2 seems to be lacking in substance.
urghhhhhhhhhhh
Halo 2 was over hyped
and is dissapointing

Nuff Sed 8)
rav96 Wrote:urghhhhhhhhhhh
Halo 2 was over hyped
and is dissapointing

Nuff Sed 8)

Yup...The Legendary Ending for Halo was pretty messed up though..But still very funny
halo 2 sucks ass what the hell kinda ending was that!?!?!
Homeless Joe Wrote:yeah, i noticed the pistol isn't as good in halo 2, it was one of my favorite weapons in the first halo i was rather dissapointed when i started to use it in halo 2 and found it rather lacking. i agree with you, halo 2 seems to be lacking in substance.

I used to pistol in halo 2 for about 3 seconds and threw it away cursing. I used to use the old pistol to snipe people halfway accross the map in blood gulch. =P My friends hate playing me at blood gulch in halo1 so much lol.
Homeless Joe Wrote:halo 2 sucks ass what the hell kinda ending was that!?!?!

What kinda ending was that? Don't you watch anime? They just want you to "tune in" to see the next halo.
Cidien Wrote:What kinda ending was that? Don't you watch anime? They just want you to "tune in" to see the next halo.

Except we are talking about the difference of waiting a week or waiting several years for the resolution.
yeah and i just got all pumped to kick ass on that ship and save the world and it ends?!?!?!? what the hell?!!?!?!? that game sucks. video games aren't supposed to do that too you. at least it was an easy game, if it was hard and it took me a lot of time and effort to make it to that point, i think i might have had to destroy it.
Pages: 1 2 3