Import Anime Forums

Full Version: How much should a used PS2 be sold for?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ok, my dad's friend wanted to sell his ps2, so my dad told him I could probably tell him how much it's worth.
The guy's starting price is 200 bucks, & my friends keep telling me that's a rip off, that you can get a new ps2 at K-Mart for that price.
I know you people are smart, so could someone tell me how much it should cost?
yea thats a rip off... 200USD is brand new PS2 with warranty and everything... I would give him 90USD for it, cash or store credit hehe *grins*
Heck no, better be more than 90, that's what I payed for my PSone.

I think it should be between 120-150 or so, but that's just my opintion.
the sports games your dad's friend might have spend 150dollars worth but they are not worth that much to people that first dont like sports games, second dont want them hehe....

120-150USD... I can pretty much pick up a brand new PS2 system for that much from ebay with some patience...

U are welcome to try to trade/sell the system on the trade's forum... but I figured I'd offer how much I would be interested in spending for it.... probably 100USD max is my offer...

Good luck with trading it Smile
I was going to see if he would sell the console alone to me for 100 or so.

Another person he knows says one of the games is oe of the better football games.

Although he may have spent about 150 for the games, me & one of my other friends agree, the games' reselling price will only be about $35.

Anyone ever try selling games to a store? They'll really rip you off. They'll pay you like 8-12 buckss for a N64, & then try to re-sale it for 20-25.
Batz, the book price on a used PS2 is $70us(with one controller and all the hook-ups), the games no matter how new (if there opened) are worth $10-20us
this is from a sellers guide, of what to pay when buying these used! :evil:
Seeing that really sucks considering when I bought my PS2 it was $499.99can, and with the games I bought at the same time I spent $1000can for PS2, twisted metal black, GT3, Resident Evil CVX, extra controller, memory card, S-Video hook-ups, and Dvd remote!!!
Thats crazy!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Think of all the HK DVD's I could have had!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:
The best place to check for the going price is eBay. That's usually what people are willing to pay across the board these days.
He might be able to sell a bit higher than the eBay price if he knows someone locally willing to avoid shipping costs.

Used stores have to average 100% markup to stay in business. That means some things go for more and others go for less. Prices also rely heavily on supply and demand. Right now, more people are trying to sell their PS2s than are looking to buy them so they aren't worth as much. That goes for the games too.
I guess that's why he's trying to sell it off-line.

Why is everyone getting rid of their PS2s?
Hey, what's wrong with sports games? NCAA College Football 2002 is a great game.
That's one of the ones that he says makes the three games combined's value 150.
PS2's are being sold because it's at the point where it's already getting old. (can't see why) but people don't want to keep them anymore, they want to get other things now, they've had there PS2's for a year or two now and they want to get something different! :evil:
Used isn't worth that much. Case closed.
I never relized how old it is. I just want one for Fed v.s. Zeon, Gun Grave, & The Trigun game.
It's not that it's old. For all we know you could have been dry humping it for hours on end. That's the thing I hate about buying used stuff.
I don't think that the PS2s are old (heck, I still play my SNES from time to time).
I just think people have too short of an attention span these days.

That and people are a bit upset with the weak DVD playback quality.
Pages: 1 2 3 4