Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Favorite Music Artist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well seems my other threads aren't that popular so I'm giving this one a whirl. Who is

your favorite music artist and in case its different and you remember who was the first

artist you listened to?
Well, my favotire band is Less than Jake. One of the best ska bands there is. Then after that id have to say Reel Big Fish is next in line.
-spike- Wrote:Well, my favotire band is Less than Jake. One of the best ska bands there is. Then after that id have to say Reel Big Fish is next in line.
You like Operation Ivy? That is some of the best old skool punk ska. I rembember seeing Less than Jake with Skankin' Pickle like forever ago. Ugh, I am so old...
rarnom Wrote:You like Operation Ivy? That is some of the best old skool punk ska. I rembember seeing Less than Jake with Skankin' Pickle like forever ago. Ugh, I am so old...
Operation Ivy rules!!!! They kick so much butt.
-spike- Wrote:Operation Ivy rules!!!! They kick so much butt.
on that note, have you heard of 'Shaken 69'?? It was a band that I first head about about 10 years ago and it had a lot of old Op Ivy/Rancid guys and it was full on ska with horns and all. They did have a song on an old Lookout/Killrockstars compilation called 'A slice of Lemon' and the song RULED. I don't know if they ever released anything after that.
Also, in the Op Ivy vein is the band 'Big Rig' which was Jesse's (op ivy vocalist) band. Not the best stuff, but it was still really cool.

As far as punk, I used to be really into it in the 90's, you know, Bad Religion, Pennywise, NOFX, basically anything on Fat Wreck or Epitaph. I especially loved older stuff by Propagandhi. I wasn't too swift on their latest release, but 'More Rock Less Talk' and everything prior was just SOOOO good.

Nowadays I have mellowed out a lot and listen to lots of stuff like Ben Folds, Quasi, and Postal Service.
Never got a chance to listen to punk. Soundls like a good band though. My favorite artist

is M.C. Hammer favorite band would either be Incubus or Metallica.
-spike- Wrote:Operation Ivy rules!!!! They kick so much butt.

Man, I <3 them so much. I love to listen to them with a couple Planet Smashers songs mixed in. But, I think my personal favorite has to be either Rancid of Forces of Evil.

BTW: Yay!! for no more political sidenotes. Big Grin Big Grin
No joke here, I used to be pen pals with Lars Fredrickson of Rancid for 2 years when I was in high school. I wrote them after thier first record came out and he wrote back and was all "Yah, I just joined the band..." He would send me flyers and stickers and crap. He had amazingly nice handwriting for such a hardcore punk rocker.
rarnom Wrote:No joke here, I used to be pen pals with Lars Fredrickson of Rancid...

Woah, that's so crazy-awsome. I was gonna talk a little about him but I forgot how to spell his name. He is definitely my favorite single artist I know about. Which reminds me has anybody heard The Bastards? there album "Viking" has one of the best flows I've heard in a while. Also, can't wait to hear Social Distortion with Matt Freeman as on the band-wagon. Cool
Sweetness rarnom.
Anyone heard of Dream Theater? Love that band, very original music.
Dave Mustaine of MEGADETH!!!!!!!!
I really like Ra. Their songs are great and varied and they have a pretty unique sound.
aPerfect Circle ~ eMOTIVE

Lacuna Coil

those are my top two bands right now.

-LE
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
Jimi Hendrix
Pages: 1 2