Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Classic Games and Systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so alot of the people here remember the NES which is the original Nintendo system.

What I'd like to know is how many of you remember the Atari and games such as Pong

and Joust?
Actually, Pong is pre-Atari.
I have a version of Pong made by Magnavox that was released a few years before the old 2600 came out. I thought it had been thrown out with a lot of other stuff long ago but I just found it in a box with my old Coleco Head 2 Head Football and a few other LED handhelds.

I've been playing video games since the late 70s.
Zagatto Wrote:Actually, Pong is pre-Atari.
I have a version of Pong made by Magnavox that was released a few years before the old 2600 came out. I thought it had been thrown out with a lot of other stuff long ago but I just found it in a box with my old Coleco Head 2 Head Football and a few other LED handhelds.

I've been playing video games since the late 70s.

I know Pong is pre Atari but it was the game that started it all so I'm used to throwing

them together. Sorry about that.
I barely remember the ATARI but I know we had one years back that than nintendo and all that all the way through the next gen systems lol..Only things I never had the chance to play were Sega CD and Sega Saturn[was broke back than]
Yep same here hope to try those some day.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Yep same here hope to try those some day.

Good Luck...It still sucks that Sega stopped making game systems though...I never understood why people trashed the Dreamcast like they did....
I've got a Sega CD with a bunch of games I'm trying to sell... maybe I should post them in the trade forum...
Really Zagatto? That would be great.
Hmmm Atari... let me think.. oh, you mean the 130 XE and the 520 STFM computers? Oh yeah, we got a couple of those stored away... both played games btw... along with a lot of other nice software.. the XE had cartridges you just plugged in... man I remember going from a tape drive to a disk drive... what an improvement... other than when transfering all those games I typed in to disk from tape, I couldn't remember the filenames... well duhhhh... on the tape drives you just loaded it from the counter... lol.. there were no filenames!!

Oh yeah, also got a 7800 Atari game system that played the 2600 carts as well and 80 game cartridges (about 20 are 7800 games, the others are 2600) for it plus a ton of joy sticks including the track ball ones... you think anybody would be interested in it? lol..

We had a pong game, it also had bowling on it... if I remember correctly... it didn't last too long and we didn't get back into game systems until just last year when we purchased a Game Cube... course my son on the other hand has a PS & PS2 and then Game Boys... probably should of just hooked up the Atari... laugh..
Amethyst Wrote:Hmmm Atari... let me think.. oh, you mean the 130 XE and the 520 STFM computers? Oh yeah, we got a couple of those stored away... both played games btw... along with a lot of other nice software.. the XE had cartridges you just plugged in... man I remember going from a tape drive to a disk drive... what an improvement... other than when transfering all those games I typed in to disk from tape, I couldn't remember the filenames... well duhhhh... on the tape drives you just loaded it from the counter... lol.. there were no filenames!!

Oh yeah, also got a 7800 Atari game system that played the 2600 carts as well and 80 game cartridges (about 20 are 7800 games, the others are 2600) for it plus a ton of joy sticks including the track ball ones... you think anybody would be interested in it? lol..

We had a pong game, it also had bowling on it... if I remember correctly... it didn't last too long and we didn't get back into game systems until just last year when we purchased a Game Cube... course my son on the other hand has a PS & PS2 and then Game Boys... probably should of just hooked up the Atari... laugh..

Yeah probably, I remember switching from tapes to CDs as well. Heck I vaguely

remember 8-tracks I think they were called? Anyway I miss the Atari because I inherited

that from my oldest sibling along withthe original NES. You know how it seems that its the

youngest sibling that seems to damage stuff like this? Well didn't happen that way this

time. I let her take it because it had been awhile since I played it. Well she took it with her

and accidentally broke it. Now I don't know anywhere to get it reapired as it ssort of like

my cube and won't play games anymore. Ah well still having fun with other systems such

as Genesis. Oh well theres always room for the classics in my book.
Puppet Master Wrote:Good Luck...It still sucks that Sega stopped making game systems though...I never understood why people trashed the Dreamcast like they did....

I don't know either. The Dreamcast was a great system. Just never got any 3rd party support. Kinda like the Gamecube except 10x worse.

As for Atari games... I used to play the atari at JC Penny or Daytons (I forget which had it) while my mom shopped when I was little. =P

My favorite atari games would probably be Lock and Chase, Combat and Spiderman. Oh, the atari also has one of the best superman games ever made. And by that I mean you fly around trying to find pieces of a bridge laying in random places so you can build it back up again. Superman got screwed with video games. Death and Return of Superman is the only Superman game I didn't cringe will playing.

Right now I have one atari that needs to be fixed but nowhere in town to fix it lol. The other atari I know works but I need some kind of adapter my grandpa just got for his to play it on newer TVs. If anyone wants to buy 'em or the load of games I have let me know.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Yeah probably, I remember switching from tapes to CDs as well. Heck I vaguely

remember 8-tracks I think they were called? Anyway I miss the Atari because I inherited

that from my oldest sibling along withthe original NES. You know how it seems that its the

youngest sibling that seems to damage stuff like this? Well didn't happen that way this

time. I let her take it because it had been awhile since I played it. Well she took it with her

and accidentally broke it. Now I don't know anywhere to get it reapired as it ssort of like

my cube and won't play games anymore. Ah well still having fun with other systems such

as Genesis. Oh well theres always room for the classics in my book.

Um, did she break the NES or Atari? Because I have EXACTLY the same story except she broke the NES....

BTW how old are you and how old is your sister? I'm 19 and my sisters... um... 27? lol

Well not exactly the same story I guess, i've never owned a Genesis. =P Always played that at a friends house. I was an SNES guy.
Cidien Wrote:Um, did she break the NES or Atari? Because I have EXACTLY the same story except she broke the NES....

BTW how old are you and how old is your sister? I'm 19 and my sisters... um... 27? lol

Well not exactly the same story I guess, i've never owned a Genesis. =P Always played that at a friends house. I was an SNES guy.

Well I'm 19 and my sister is 33, then there is my brother who is 27. As for SNES I have

that as well the only problem is I only have two games for it and one of them sucked. No

matter what never get Aero the Acrobat. Horrible gane even for Nintendo back then. My

sister broke the Atari so she was going to play the NES except she never got a chance to

so she just stored it somewhere and no longer knows where it is except that it is

somewhere in her house. Hoefully I'll get it back someday. Oh well there is still Sega

Genesis.
I kept all my Systems and games, all the way from the Atari 5600, the only system that I want, that I don't own, is the portable Turbo Graphix system, I can't remember the name.
Cidien Wrote:I don't know either. The Dreamcast was a great system. Just never got any 3rd party support. Kinda like the Gamecube except 10x worse.

As for Atari games... I used to play the atari at JC Penny or Daytons (I forget which had it) while my mom shopped when I was little. =P

My favorite atari games would probably be Lock and Chase, Combat and Spiderman. Oh, the atari also has one of the best superman games ever made. And by that I mean you fly around trying to find pieces of a bridge laying in random places so you can build it back up again. Superman got screwed with video games. Death and Return of Superman is the only Superman game I didn't cringe will playing.

Right now I have one atari that needs to be fixed but nowhere in town to fix it lol. The other atari I know works but I need some kind of adapter my grandpa just got for his to play it on newer TVs. If anyone wants to buy 'em or the load of games I have let me know.

I still have my dreamcast...It was originally my bros before he gave it to my dad and my dad ending up giving it to me because it was taking so long to get a PS2 lol...I liked some of the games the only problem is that the discs were always said to be very fragile...Only had one such problem when I bought some used game from a local video store...

I think I have played the Death and Return of Superman but im not sure...The only Superman game I can think of is the one where they had Superboy, that Steel version of Superman and some other dude as well as the original...Is that the one? If I am correct the box had a fist going through the Superman logo...
Pages: 1 2