Import Anime Forums

Full Version: The solution!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, new rules and some people don't like it or have a problem following them.

The sollution: A Flame forum. A place where anything goes except racism. If your in a thread there and you can't handle it, cool just go back to general/anime discussion where flaming and cursing is not allowed. We need a place where differences can be talked out without taking them into every other thread. Might even make the rant section the flame forum or allow flaming there. This way Vicious's post wouldn't have gotten him a ban. Its been discussed before but with the new rules and all we really need a place to vent without getting banned. I like reading some flame threads if they didn't go offtopic and were started that way and they are often usefull to show the error of a posters ways (I know I'd like a topic about babyeaters posting habits).

Thoughts?
I thought the Vicious ban was just a joke, as far as I know he is not banned. Plus I think we are all mostly ok with angry posts or heated discussions, without them turning into flame wars. Its not like if I was to say "fuck" now that I would get banned. So I think your overexagerating a little. So..no I don't think we need a flame forum, I prefere just giving people the freedom to say what they like for the most part. Only serious spammers or personal insulting flamers should be banned.

I don't think posting a negative comment will or should get anyone banned, nor being angry, or even jokingly insulting someone. As long as the insult is based on the individual and not his/her race, religion, beliefs, country etc... then I think its fine.
Vicious is banned.
I think it would be a good idea because their is to many decent to good threads that get ruined because someone decides they want to start an arguement or take personal shots at people, as reflected by the recent string of people getting banned. But where do you draw the line of what can't be said I understand the racism thing fully, but I have seen very sexually explicit threats and comments toward people and what about the physical violence threats that have been coming from some of the less then friendly newer members on the board??? Overal you guys would be making a full Time job for yourselves to police a flame section of the fourum
Screw a flame forum, put them in a colosseum to do a batlle to the death!!! Put it on Pay Per View and I will watch it.
Look, if you have a problem with some one, battle it out using PMes.
Why make yourself a public nuciance?
I?m not interested in a section dedicated to insults, unintelligent quarrelling and random unnecessarily profane personal attacks. It would be the place to go to cuss the people who couldn?t out debate on the normal threads. I think it would enflame more arguments than resolve. But there are people I?d rather see post there than say something and get banned. Venting is not my style (unless it is something I?m fiercely passionate about) but it might be a good for some of the other good posters with short fuses.
I think yes. I would prefer to just have everyone make their attacks in whatever thread they are in. However, since people can't keep that under control, I guess that will have to do. It's better than the bans, which I don't think are needed. At least not without someone making a complaint first, which should come after asking the attacker to stop. I don't expect anyone to make personal attacks towards me but if they did, I wouldn't want them banned.
I think that it is good to have the option of a flame forum because then if people need a place to really vent, then they can do so in a seperate space from the rest of the forum. That way people will have to really mind their manners in the regular boards and we can have a nice time, but then like in Vicious's case, he can express himself without fear of recourse.

I also must say that I do find a lot of 'flame forum' type threads wildly entertaining.
it could be like jerry springer!!
Why don't we just view the "rant" section as our "flame" forum?
Cidien Wrote:Why don't we just view the "rant" section as our "flame" forum?

That's kinda what I was suggesting. One section with softer rules. It would be a good place to have sensitive discussions like the political debates ot just invite someone to tell them what you think about them. On another forum I go to this works very well. It keeps the rest of the boards clean and instead of banning people you can just move the thread to the flame section.

If you read this Zagatto, Schultz or JJ, what do you think about making the Rant section a semi-Flame forum and hopefully take some mod. work out of your hands?
I think people should have the right to reply to something said against them without fear of getting banned or having thier post moved to some flame forum... If it goes on for pages and pages just lock it.
I really like this idea, except for the no cursing on the regular board. I don't think that I could live without seeing the F-bomb dropped every once in a while. I think I would die knowing that I could never use it again.
Oh so he was banned? fair enough, but I still don't like the idea of super modding and flame forums and lack of cursing. Please note my dissapproval of this. Thats all.
Pages: 1 2 3