Import Anime Forums

Full Version: The solution!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
kakoi_sugoi_yama Wrote:I really like this idea, except for the no cursing on the regular board. I don't think that I could live without seeing the F-bomb dropped every once in a while. I think I would die knowing that I could never use it again.

Thats not what I want either. With cursing I mean being able to call someone an idiot if the situation calles for it.
Even though the majority of people here say they prefer not to have a flame forum, I have created a limited time thread http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...#post69797 so a few people can vent their pent up energy at each other. I don't want to see ANY fall out coming from that ONE THREAD or there will be more bans.
Damn... I just realized that that decision makes me a flip flopper and I'm going to lose the support of the people... maybe I should change my mind again??? Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
*takes Zagatto's flip-flops away*

No! Don't start acting like Kerry! You'll lose all respect I have for you! (hmm, is that a threat or... lol)
Cidien Wrote:*takes Zagatto's flip-flops away*

No! Don't start acting like Kerry! You'll lose all respect I have for you! (hmm, is that a threat or... lol)

OMG! No respect from Cidien is like...is like...hmm Like having respect from someone respectable!
Cidien Wrote:*takes Zagatto's flip-flops away*

My reply in anything goes thread. We love you, Cidien, yes, we do.

http://import-anime.com/forums/showthrea...#post69901
Hum i don't like a Flame Forum. But sometimes bad things are necessary to help out with some things.. But i know Zagatto made that thread to help with stuff. But that still don't help with my problems with this..

My Thoughts on a Flame Forum.
In regular posts no flaming, take it to the flame forum or tell them to take it to the flame forum..

No Linking of theads from the Flame Forum from a normal thread.. About all i would like to see is something like this "Read Flame Forum" with no link or anything for users to click on. because if a person wants to find it let them..

and last i think i would setup the Flame forum to auto delete posts that don't have a response for like 3-5 days.. Haven't decided on that. My philosophy on that is if you or anyone else hasn't responded to the thread in 3 days.. then its over with.. if it isn't yuo can come back and start a new one.. Why i belive this is because i don't want to see archives of this crap on the forums.. or people try to bring back old things which is easy if they are never deleted..

what are other peoples thoughts on these restrictions?
Yeah I don't have any problem with them, the Idea of this flame forum is growing on me a little...

My only problem ever with the idea was that any thread or people in that thread that becomes argumentative, even if its not that personal or involves curse will be moved to the flame forum, deleted or the people involved would be banned which annoys me.

Also, this is a decent Idea I think, but why don't we set up a list of "curse" words that are acceptable. What I mean by that is certain words that I don't consider a curse such as "damn, ass, god, hell" etc... but some people might (pansies) so I was thinking that we could have a list of acceptable words so that people will know in stone what will and won't get them banned.

Also, what about negative comments or semi-insults, like calling someone "dumb, fool, idiot, retard, dumbass, stupid, arrogant"

Can we use them or whats the deal? the reason that I ask is that I'm unsure what would consist of me being banned so that I can avoid it. I'd hate to say something to someone that I saw no problem with but then be banned because of it without knowing it was "wrong".
Schultz Wrote:Hum i don't like a Flame Forum. But sometimes bad things are necessary to help out with some things.. But i know Zagatto made that thread to help with stuff. But that still don't help with my problems with this..

My Thoughts on a Flame Forum.
In regular posts no flaming, take it to the flame forum or tell them to take it to the flame forum..

No Linking of theads from the Flame Forum from a normal thread.. About all i would like to see is something like this "Read Flame Forum" with no link or anything for users to click on. because if a person wants to find it let them..

and last i think i would setup the Flame forum to auto delete posts that don't have a response for like 3-5 days.. Haven't decided on that. My philosophy on that is if you or anyone else hasn't responded to the thread in 3 days.. then its over with.. if it isn't yuo can come back and start a new one.. Why i belive this is because i don't want to see archives of this crap on the forums.. or people try to bring back old things which is easy if they are never deleted..

I like those ideas, it sounds like it would work well.
kakoi_sugoi_yama Wrote:I really like this idea, except for the no cursing on the regular board. I don't think that I could live without seeing the F-bomb dropped every once in a while. I think I would die knowing that I could never use it again.

PREACH IT!!! i cant say a sentence sometimes without the F-Bombing taken over the plot!!!

B.O.B
Schultz Wrote:and last i think i would setup the Flame forum to auto delete posts that don't have a response for like 3-5 days.. Haven't decided on that. My philosophy on that is if you or anyone else hasn't responded to the thread in 3 days.. then its over with.. if it isn't yuo can come back and start a new one.. Why i belive this is because i don't want to see archives of this crap on the forums.. or people try to bring back old things which is easy if they are never deleted..

I'm fine with all your restrictions except for that last one. I don't like the idea of any posts being deleted. I think you should just lock a thread after 5 days of inactivity or whatever so noone can revive a dead thread, but I certainly don't like the idea of deleting stuff altogether.
Vicious Wrote:I'm fine with all your restrictions except for that last one. I don't like the idea of any posts being deleted. I think you should just lock a thread after 5 days of inactivity or whatever so noone can revive a dead thread, but I certainly don't like the idea of deleting stuff altogether.

See thats where i have the problem of flame forums.. I don't like to see old "trash" sitting there. yea it may not be active but i don't like people able to go back to it.. or necisary new users going through there and forming opinions on what has happened in the past that maybe the persons changes etc.. thats actually why i am against flame forums for that matter..
I can see Schultz's point of view on the limited time threads.
The flame forum would be a place to go and vent without disturbing the rest of the forum... once the venting is done then the forum has served it's pupose.

The only reason for keeping old flames around would be to dig them up and remind each other about previous fights. I think each conflict should have to start from scratch if we're going to open a whole channel to flames.

For now, I'm interested in feed back on the single flame thread that is currently running.
Vicious Wrote:I'm fine with all your restrictions except for that last one. I don't like the idea of any posts being deleted. I think you should just lock a thread after 5 days of inactivity or whatever so noone can revive a dead thread, but I certainly don't like the idea of deleting stuff altogether.

My thoughts too. I don't think you have to worry to much Schultz, the flame forum wouldn't be a very busy place (I hope) and its not like everyone will start fighting with everyone all of a sudden. Just whenever guys like BE come allong or sensitive discussions like the political stuff it would be a great place to talk more freely. And the biggest advantage is the rest of the boards will keep clean for people who don't want to read those flame wars.
Like i said earlier.. Even though it may not be used.. Once a person / persons are done.. There is no need to keep the thread around.

Vicious at least in the flame forum why does it matter if the thread is auto deleted. Its technically trash and isn't worth anything but to vent.. And what good does it do to keep it around once its served its purpose.. ?

Also there is no reason to keep threads in there.. because i still agree with zag's rule about banning anyone that links to a thread there.. like he does with his single thread.. So again no need to keep it around.. since your not allowed to link to it..
Pages: 1 2 3