Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What have they done to my King of Fighters?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I picked up this game KOF Maximum Impact, mainly for the damn Terry hat, hey I've been a fan of KOF since 94'. So its in 3D, and damn that's just not right. The American voices suck, they have translated all the moves into English. I wish they would have done another KOF in 2D and just left it alone, I thought SNK learned their lesson after Sam Sho 64 and Wild Ambition. Well if you haven't picked up this game yet and enjoyed the previous KOFs, at least rent it, but its not my cup of tea, so the way I see it is I got a free game with my 50 dollar hat!
evilomar Wrote:So I picked up this game KOF Maximum Impact, mainly for the damn Terry hat, hey I've been a fan of KOF since 94'. So its in 3D, and damn that's just not right. The American voices suck, they have translated all the moves into English. I wish they would have done another KOF in 2D and just left it alone, I thought SNK learned their lesson after Sam Sho 64 and Wild Ambition. Well if you haven't picked up this game yet and enjoyed the previous KOFs, at least rent it, but its not my cup of tea, so the way I see it is I got a free game with my 50 dollar hat!
What made you dislike it. Was it the fighting system? I never played any of the old games but I like 3D fighters with reponsive and fast control. I haven't seen or herd any reviews of it yet, what is it like?
I agree that their was a certain appeal to the older 2D fighting games. Unfortunately everything from street fighter to King of fighters went 3D. As far as 3D fighting games go Soul Calibur is the only 3D fighter I have really taken to. But unfortunately 2D games period are becomeing a thing of the past.
The game itself isn't bad Blight, I'm just not a fan of 3D fighters. The only 3D games I ever enjoyed were Virtua Fighters and the Tobals. I know 2D games are becoming are a thing of the past, but I still have my gameboy advance so its not too bad.
Its a shame that KOF went to the 3D side. I honestly like fighting games in 2D (not to say that I don't like 3D) and a good thing should never be messed with (that's also the reason I wasn't a big fan of KOF 2000 and up games).

Oh well theres always emluators. Smile
street fighter is miles better than any snk game anyway Big Grin and capcoms 3D outings werent too impressive either Sad

the third capcom vs snk game is being made by snk whether as the first 2 were made by capcom, so it should be interesting to play as an snk ryu or ken, dont you think?
Are you talking about SNK Vs. Capcom Sanosuke? That one has been out for a while in Japan, and playing as Zero is fun. I'm still pissed that Capcom lost the rights to all the Marvel characters to Activision, because Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 was looking sweet!!!!!
He's talking about Capcom vs SNK: Chaos, which is made by SNK. Both games are boring to play, particularly CvS: Chaos. Capcom has been lazy as hell too with their upcoming Capcom Fighting Evolution, where they're reusing old sprites from previous games (such as Nightstalkers), instead of creating new ones. Gimme a finely balanced and polished Guilty Gear title anyday! Capcom and SNK's fighting game days are long over.
Ohh Damn, please stop with the damn Guilty Gear song you've been singing for a while Robojack, what are you the unofficial spokeman for Guilty Gear? The graphics are pretty, but I've said it before and I will say it again, all those games are just a poor man's KOF or Street Fighter. You will never see a Guilty Gear 15th or even a 10th anniversary edition!!! SNK has KOF Neo Wave coming out soon using its new engine. Capcom has lost a lot of money due to bad sells so most of its games that were in production are long gone. Ohhh and by the way the game is call SNK Vs. Capcom, made by SNK, not Capcom Vs. SNK, those were made by Capcom, so don't correct me again unless I need to be corrected, comprende?
Whatever. Capcom hasn't made a decent fighting game since SFIII: Third Strike. The only people I know who feel Guilty Gear is inferior to Capcom fighters are button mashers who don't stand a chance against skilled players. Guilty Gear >> Street Fighter >> j00, so piss off. Or do you want to cry some more just because I don't agree with you?
as far as i know the snk made capcom cross over is called capcom vs snk chaos in the states although it could easily be called snk vs capcom in japan, and btw robojack how many fighting games have capcom released since street fighter 3 third strike? not including aniversery edition?

i dont care much for the marvel vs capcom games, i felt they were more about bangin buttons rather than timing and smooth combinations, although they were fun.

i care for guilty gear even less, its feels like an snk game but 10 years too late, and the smooth sprites dont impress me much either, style over substance compared to any alpha game, then again this is merely my opinion Big Grin
Well, what I posted earlier is also my opinion. I could care less whether people have a problem with it.
Uh back on topic,
From what i have seen of maximum impact the game seems to be nothing more than a 2d fighter with a glorified 3d engine, so basicly you play 2d but you can side step if you ever feel the absurd need to. This seems just like ex was for street fighter, a bad idea that only sorta works.
SNK should stick to what it does best, great 2d fighting with solid characters and animation.
I like the Capcom VS games becuase they are basicly "hit buttons to preform speical attack at jsut the right time & you win"; as plain & simple as that, I don't have to jump in & do a low kick, just hit down back down kick or something of the sort & I smash the opponet Tongue

In Capcom v.s. SNK2: Mark of the Millenium or whatever I can use Ken; attack with the flip over heel drop, then hurricane kick, & end with an uppercut, or an energy wind (I think is one of the translations) & then an uppercut.
On Guilty Gear X I hit down back kick (which was the attack of the character I was using & he crouched & kick. I hit down forward punch & my character stood there & punched rather than threw forth an energy ball :confused:

As for KoF, played the ones of Arcade, they're cool, got 99 & 2000 I think it is for PS2 & love'm. 2-D is a billion times better than 3-D fighters in my opinion.

But, with all that said the next fighting games I'll likely be is Capcom Fighting & Guilty Gear Isuka.

God I need sleep now.
That's the sweetness to Guilty Gear titles. If you're a button masher, or someone who doesn't know moves very well, you're extremely vulnerable to those who are skilled. Most Capcom versus titles are insanely easy to master, and it's often possible for a button masher to easy beat a skilled player, sadly enough. Capcom's combo systems are much too confining, slow, and limited for me, particularly after having played Arc System's GG titles. I used to like Capcom, but after about 15 years of gaming, I'm happy to say I found a better company to stick by, and thank goodness it's not SNK or Capcom.

If you're a skilled fighting game player, Guilty Gear XX is ideal, since the speeds you're eventually able to fight at far exceed anything you'll experience from any Capcom titles. At times, it really pushes your reflexes and motor skills to the limit, since you're trying not only to keep your eye on your character and your opponents, but also to maintain precise of your character's movements and actions. It sometimes ends up where both characters are concentrating and moving at such high speeds, both players need to back off every few rallies just to catch their breath. All this can happen either high in the air, or on the ground. Players are also provided with numerous methods of defending themselves, whether it be plain old blocking, using a roman cancel, countering at the right time to cancel an opponent's move, or sacrificing your special bar to erect a inpenetrable barrier. That's the beauty of a Guilty Gear title, and the freedom that the fighting system provides you is why I'll rarely enjoy a Capcom fighting title ever again.

From what I've seen of Capcom Fighting Evolution, the sprites are still either the old SFIII sprites, or taken from really old Capcom games. The results are very pixelated characters over nicely rendered backgrounds, quite a clashing combination. There also seems to be severe problems with balance, where Ryu is back to his old, each hit extremely punishing and knock-back, self. Unless they rectify their graphical laziness and fix the balancing problem, I'll probably pass on this title, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Complacency is a nasty thing to happen to any company, I'm just sorry to see it happen to Capcom's arcade division, most of whom Capcom has long sinced dismissed or relocated.
Pages: 1 2