Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What have they done to my King of Fighters?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah those one hit instant death kills were real challenging in Guilty Gear, not for amateur players at all. Anyway I still can't wait to play KOF Neo Wave and Fighting Evolution, and Sam Sho 5, I've played Izuka, damn its pretty, but it got old fast. Ohh and Robojack do you usually argue by telling someone to piss off because they don't agree with you, how old are you?
I don't recall telling you to piss off. Stop putting words in my mouth.
Robojack Wrote:Whatever. The only people I know who feel Guilty Gear is inferior to Capcom fighters are button mashers who don't stand a chance against skilled players. Guilty Gear >> Street Fighter >> j00, so piss off. Or do you want to cry some more just because I don't agree with you?

Speaking of putting things in your mouth.
Oh, so I did tell you to piss off. Normally I wouldn't say that, but since I've already done so, I'll stick with it.
1. i can beat the living shit out of anyone who isnt half as skilled as me in street fighter, easy.

2. street fighter 2 is responsible for combos in fighting games, it was a glich in the original version, so i guess sammy owe alot to capcom.
Actually, it's Arc Systems, Sammy just publishes the titles.

And what you said about Capcom pioneering the combo system, that may be true, but that's no reason for Capcom to be so complacent. That's like saying that just because Virtua Fighter was the one of the first 3D fighters, that it's inherently better than Tekken or Soul Calibur. Companies have to strive to remain at the top, and Capcom hasn't been doing that lately. If anything, their recent efforts with Capcom Fighting Evolution seems more halfassed than inspirational.
Virtua Fighter takes longer to master then Tekken or Soul Calibur put together. Capcom is too busy concentrating on their 3D games, they like most companies now a days have become money hungry whores. I'm still surprise they are going to release Fighting Evolution, a game that has been in the making for three years and three cancelations.
Robojack Wrote:That's the sweetness to Guilty Gear titles. If you're a button masher, or someone who doesn't know moves very well, you're extremely vulnerable to those who are skilled. Most Capcom versus titles are insanely easy to master, and it's often possible for a button masher to easy beat a skilled player, sadly enough. Capcom's combo systems are much too confining, slow, and limited for me, particularly after having played Arc System's GG titles. I used to like Capcom, but after about 15 years of gaming, I'm happy to say I found a better company to stick by, and thank goodness it's not SNK or Capcom.

If you're a skilled fighting game player, Guilty Gear XX is ideal, since the speeds you're eventually able to fight at far exceed anything you'll experience from any Capcom titles. At times, it really pushes your reflexes and motor skills to the limit, since you're trying not only to keep your eye on your character and your opponents, but also to maintain precise of your character's movements and actions. It sometimes ends up where both characters are concentrating and moving at such high speeds, both players need to back off every few rallies just to catch their breath. All this can happen either high in the air, or on the ground. Players are also provided with numerous methods of defending themselves, whether it be plain old blocking, using a roman cancel, countering at the right time to cancel an opponent's move, or sacrificing your special bar to erect a inpenetrable barrier. That's the beauty of a Guilty Gear title, and the freedom that the fighting system provides you is why I'll rarely enjoy a Capcom fighting title ever again.

From what I've seen of Capcom Fighting Evolution, the sprites are still either the old SFIII sprites, or taken from really old Capcom games. The results are very pixelated characters over nicely rendered backgrounds, quite a clashing combination. There also seems to be severe problems with balance, where Ryu is back to his old, each hit extremely punishing and knock-back, self. Unless they rectify their graphical laziness and fix the balancing problem, I'll probably pass on this title, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Complacency is a nasty thing to happen to any company, I'm just sorry to see it happen to Capcom's arcade division, most of whom Capcom has long sinced dismissed or relocated.

in 2-D fighters I'm no button masher, on a good day I can pull off any move I like perfectly, but in GG which ever it was my friend made me rent, I pulled off moves about once out of every three tries; he on the other hand did nothing but button mash & whooped me at a rate of 2:1. there was no intense battle or anything, just simple fighting. Later he came back over & I put in Capcom v.s. SNK; the score: 1:9 in my favor & he only got one because I slacked off on playing.

As for button mashers I point at Tekken; not because it isn't designed so a master can kill a button masher with easy, but because my sister was able to beat me at it till I was forced to use Eddy G.
i agree batz, i beat the shit outta tekken 2 in the arcade by just pressing forward and punch over and over again
Guilty Gear is a harder game, I must admit, but that is the whole point of it. It's a fighting game FOR elite fighting game fans, which is why many of you have trouble playing it. I myself, have never found the game too hard to play or control, so I guess either I'm really good, or you're really bad. The people who can play the game play it well. The ones who don't, suck ass like crazy. But when you have two people who have no idea how to play the game, anything can happen (even reckless button mashing).

The entire point is, don't blame the game, blame yourselves. Maybe if you played the game a little longer, you'd actual get the hang of it. There's a reason why Guilty Gear games sell so well in Japan, and it's not because the controls stink. I'm sick of people whining about how games suck JUST because they're not good at it, or because they feel that their reign in Capcom or SNK fighters is being threatened.
Dude I have probably been playing video games longer then you, and was playing Street Fighter when it came to the arcades. I know a cheap ass game when I see one, or play one for that matter, No one here said Guilty Gear sucks, most of us just agree that is mainly a cheapass button mashing game, that's it. Quit bragging about how good you are at fighting games, because most of us I bet would give you a run for your money.
I'm still at a loss on how hitting down forward punch not activeating the assigned attack is my fault when I can hadouken (sp?) with Ken & Ryu, & ice ball with Sub Zero all I like...

I'll admit though, yes for the most part I suck at some fighting games: Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Guilty Gear (one of the ones for PS2), & Samurai Showdown for Arcade. Now by suck I mean other than SS I can beat the game using forward attack or farward forward attack; also notice the fact that I stated that the Guilty Gear I suck at is for PS2, I'm decent at the one for GBA.

But from a birds eye view I really don't see how it is any different from KoF..

Sure Street Fighter has a different feel to it for me, but Guilty Gear & KoF felt kinda the same, only I like KoF better becuase I've played it longer & I can pull off the moves.

All that said, like I said before the last KoF & Next one isn't on my list of games to get, but the GG Isuka or whatever is even though I heard it's got a few problems.

Ok, I still need sleep.
Pages: 1 2