Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Detective Conan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
do you guys know where i can get any more dvds of this show?i have the box sets 1-6,thanks.
http://www.getterdome.com has the Best Collections (TV rips of the new episodes), plus the movies and some 'specals'.
thanks pal,i been there i dont like their shipping,do u know if they will put them in a gatefold set?
You don't like their shipping prices, or what? Their packages have always been very good for me.

And I'm not sure what you mean by Gatefolds. They ship it with everything, the covers, inserts (if its singles), or if its a set it will have the gatefold.

Their are some stores in the US, but Getterdome is definitely one of the cheapest.
http://www.cookiejarvideo.com/ and http://www.animeniacs.com/ are two pretty good sites that might have more of the set. The later of the two sites is cool because you can get Japanese snacks and soda there also
Best Selections don't come in Gatefolds, they are all individual boxes...

Conan won't come out with any more gatefolds for a while, so you're out of luck there
really?i heard they were finishing the tv series box sets starting with part 7,i didnt want the best collections because of that.
Nope.. from what the people at the stores in HK told me, the printers told them that the Best Selections are basically the eps after Part 6... and it's true.. it starts at like 200 something and goes up to 300 something i think.... I have the first 15 dvds... if you want something complete, then maybe best selections isnt' the best way to go.... but it might be your only option... because they do miss a lot of eps in between
Thank you very much inzomniak,i really appreciate the help,you being a fellow anime collector as i,i will consider getting the best collections since you say thats my only option,i see that there are only 15 out there,and thank you dvd master for recommending getterdome,thanks again both of you.
Detective conan is great for casual viewing. I prefer Kindaichi & Detective Academy Q. They're a bit more exciting i find and have deeper puzzles.
you know,i like detective Q and i wanted to get into Kindaichi,but i cant find the tv episodes,where do u see them from?
I like the Kindaichi manga. I got the Bilingual editions from Kodansha. Tokyopop aren't even releasing the whole thing are they? I got ep1 of the anime on fansub and I prefer the manga... Conan is great for something you can just throw on even if the last ep you saw was like a year ago. Its great for just picking up.
bignev44 Wrote:you know,i like detective Q and i wanted to get into Kindaichi,but i cant find the tv episodes,where do u see them from?

I have TV eps, but do you read Chinese?
I got the first 8 legit Kindaichi VHS, but they're unsubbed. I had scripts for episodes 1-9, but I'm not sure where they are now. If you've read the manga, you've seen the episode, however. A mystery is no fun when you know who and how beforehand, especially in Kindaichi's case.

I don't enjoy D.Academy Q nearly as much. It's OK, but not amazing. The incredible genius, photographic memory woman, super fighting machine, mysterious stranger smartie, and kid who wrote a program to solve mysteries (ummm... no..., absolutely would not work) is just a little out there.

I love love love Conan and Kindaichi, but once you've seen it, it has NO replay value. They just sit on my shelf never to be watched again. The Conan movies are almost always fantastic, and those I can watch over and over, but the episodes are a one-time spur of the moment thing.
dvd_master Wrote:I love love love Conan and Kindaichi, but once you've seen it, it has NO replay value. They just sit on my shelf never to be watched again. The Conan movies are almost always fantastic, and those I can watch over and over, but the episodes are a one-time spur of the moment thing.

Yeah I agree. I cant see myself spending money on R1s or anything. HKs are ok because you can justify watching them once as they are cheap...
Pages: 1 2