Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Vampire Hunter D Burning Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so here's the deal. I just watched both Vampire Hunter D movies for the first time. They both have a VERY different feel to them and I'd like to see how the scales tip. I've heard a lot of people say that Bloodlust was better. I'm not too sure about that myself, and I'd just like to see what other people think.
I prefer the original, even though Bloodlust has the benefit of being done in 100% digital animation.
I watched the orignal and hated it. I dont really know why, I just really hate it. I have heard that bloodlust it alot better.
I think the original can not even be compared with bloodlust. The original is a very mediocre movie IMO with bad charrecter development, simple animation and a simple story. You learn almost nothing about D. Bloodlust on the other end stands out in all those categories with unrivaled animation and very good music. I still haven't seen any animated movie with such beatiful animation and atmosphere as in bloodlust.
elcoholic, thank you for putting my words to pixels first.
Bloodlust is one of the great animated movies of our times. We can be thankful to the original for providing the foundation for Bloodlust but that's about it.
I liked the story of the first one better. It reminded of reading a comic, which I was really into at the time. Bloodlust, like everyone has already stated, has more animation in one strand of hair, then the whole first movie put together. I wish they would animate more of the novels.
Bloodlust by a mile, even though the very end was kind of pansy.
i've watched bloodlust and i liked it but haven't really seen the original one yet.
Ryujin Wrote:Bloodlust by a mile, even though the very end was kind of pansy.

I really liked the ending for Bloodlust. That last scene was my favorite scene of the entire film.
Not that the original is a -bad- movie... really... it's just that I found it more interesting from a "history of anime" standpoint, than I found it "good".
Vicious Wrote:I really liked the ending for Bloodlust. That last scene was my favorite scene of the entire film.

Well everybody has their own opinion, but I'm not talking about the very very very last scene, I'm talking about the "Come on! Make it!!" scene.
i don't care for Bloodlust at all.. It totally shatters D's image of what the first one had for him.. In the second one he is asking for more money and such while in the first one he never cared about money.. To me it just didn't give to the original at all..
I havn't seen the original in years but when I saw it I liked it a lot. The only thing I hate about the D movies is they don't really tell you a whole lot. I remember when I watched the first movie I thought I was lost because there was a whole series that came before it or something. Really, there should be. D could make an awesome series, especially nowadays.
I agree with Schultz. D's attitude was just so much cooler in the first movie. But I like Bloodlust because of the animation, the plot... and the girls are really pretty.
Robojack Wrote:I prefer the original, even though Bloodlust has the benefit of being done in 100% digital animation.
Actually it is cel based animation i think as there are many cels for sale. But i agree that the animation of Bloodlust is very sexy while the original is obviously very aged.

Bloodlust for me... it's just so sexy. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2