Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Do you watch R1's as you buy them, or once you have the full set?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you, hereby referred to as "the people", normally do in terms of your R1 watching habits? When a series is being released, when buying them volume by volume, do you watch each volume as it comes out... or wait until you have the full set, and watch the show without having to wait a month or two in between volumes?

I've been doing the latter... which makes me wonder how many sets I have on the go, that I won't even like after collecting 6-10volumes. :eek: Thank goodness for ebay.

I've pondered starting to watch volume by volume... to possibly save myself buyer's remorse down the road... but I think waiting a month after every 3-6 episodes of a show would drive me mad.

I've also noticed a trend, in that some distributors seem to be releasing Complete sets... or full seasons now... after doing the volume to volume thing (Inu Yasha Season 1, or the upcoming Witch Hunter Robin Complete Set )... so I might have to start going that route so the individual volumes don't sit there taunting me to watch them before I have the whole show.
I usually watch them as they're released. There are some series that I might wait until I watch them simply because of all the details you need to remember from one volume to the next. I'm doing that for Twelve Kingdoms. They have it broken into arcs that usually span about 3 discs. I should've done that for Rahxephon as well.
i watch them once i get all of them.
I do both. I watch de dvds as I get them and when I have all of them I watch the series again.
Vicious Wrote:I usually watch them as they're released. There are some series that I might wait until I watch them simply because of all the details you need to remember from one volume to the next. I'm doing that for Twelve Kingdoms. They have it broken into arcs that usually span about 3 discs. I should've done that for Rahxephon as well.

I don't feel so bad about resisting the urge to watch Twelve Kingdoms as I buy it, then... maybe I'll start watching the less brain-intensive series as I buy them, and leave the more epic, complex series until I have the whole set. It just seems like such a long wait sometimes... you know? Wink Especially when the series first starts getting released...
I know Japschin waits until she has the entire series, but I can't do that. There are some series that after watching the first disc or two, I quickly realized I didn't care for them. I would've felt much worse if I already owned the entire series and found out that I disliked it.
It really depends on the series. Some series I watch them the moment I get the series, but oddly, with .hack//SIGN, I've been waiting to get the final discs before I watch it. [Woo. They come this week.]
Vicious Wrote:I know Japschin waits until she has the entire series, but I can't do that. There are some series that after watching the first disc or two, I quickly realized I didn't care for them. I would've felt much worse if I already owned the entire series and found out that I disliked it.

Yup! I wait till I have the entire sets then I watch them. Therefore, I have a big backlog right now. I havn't even watched a lot of the complete sets I have, let alone the incomplete ones. Been really lazy and busy these few months. I don't really like to watch volumes as they are released because sometimes it takes quite long for the next volume to be out. I don't want to have to be wondering, "Eh.....what happened before?" while watching the new dvd.

Usually, I only buy sets which I will like. Once in awhile, there will be 1 or 2 sets that I won't like but wth, it's just a few sets. Either I force myself to give them a 2nd chance or I'll just sell/trade them away.
I just watch em as I buy em. Probally because I just don't wanna wait..
Depends. Sometimes it will just join the backlog. Other times i might start raping it and then get pissed at the cliffhanger and having to wait for the next release. But thar rarely happens as i very rarely buy series 1 dvd at a time.

I am quite patient and can wait for the bargain re-release of the boxset usually.

Some series like Vicious says you need to watch in a oner as you forget all the details. Slam Dunk i have not finished the first boxset and don't think i'll get the rest as the 10 eps for a single match is too much for me. -.-;; Saint Seiya i'm watching it when i have time but it is easy to pick up.
I wait till I have the whole series (glad I did with Rahxephon).
It'll be hard to wait for all the Gungrave though. Loved the first few ep. I downloaded from BT awhile ago.
I try to wait for a series to be completed before I pick it up. I remember watching each episode of Cowboy Bebop as they were released here and how I couldn't wait for the next tape to be released.
That taught me the lesson to wait till I can get the whole thing at once so I can burn through it as my cravings demand.
i'de like to wait till i get the whole set but i guess i cant wait that long. oh well, i'll just watch it all over again.
I find it really hard to wait, when I have this many series on the purchasing go... I'm spending $150 a month on various series... but not actually watching any of it because none of the series have finished releasing yet. Tongue It just seems like I'm buying decorations for my shelf...

I might break down and watch GitS Standalone as I get it... as I've heard most episodes are, well, stand-alone... on a case by case basis. That might make for a good staggered viewing.

Texhnolyze... I'm guessing is a bad one to watch with gaps in between, since it's by those Lain guys.
As I purchase them of course; considering most of what I buy I've seen before through some other source (raws/fansubs)...
Pages: 1 2