Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Do you watch R1's as you buy them, or once you have the full set?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
dmr456 Wrote:As I purchase them of course; considering most of what I buy I've seen before through some other source (raws/fansubs)...

Yeah good way of doing things...About the only time I havent seen something is when I got it dirt cheap VHS or something like that $3 or so.. Other than those all there is are DragonBall Z tapes and some Anime movies...
Well, seeing as I dont own any R1 sets, I cant really tell you. I get some from the library and watch them when they come in. One I buy some R1's I will most likely wait for the boxset or buy them all at once.
I prefer boxsets too, i either wait for a box set or just by the whole series in one go. Unless it s huge like dbz whih im gona get saga at a time
For a series I have not seen, I usually watch them as I get them, but I will wait for at least two to three volumes to be out before I get them. That way I get a little more episodes to watch (usually further along in the plot as well) and if I like it I get the rest, if not then I sell them.

If I have seen the series, then it really doesn't matter to me.
Japschin Wrote:Yup! I wait till I have the entire sets then I watch them. Therefore, I have a big backlog right now. I havn't even watched a lot of the complete sets I have, let alone the incomplete ones. Been really lazy and busy these few months. I don't really like to watch volumes as they are released because sometimes it takes quite long for the next volume to be out. I don't want to have to be wondering, "Eh.....what happened before?" while watching the new dvd.

Usually, I only buy sets which I will like. Once in awhile, there will be 1 or 2 sets that I won't like but wth, it's just a few sets. Either I force myself to give them a 2nd chance or I'll just sell/trade them away.

yep sounds like you the R1's of blue sub i bought from you were all brand new and i guess you never watched those. hell i havent still either. i usualy watch them as i get them and then watch them all again once i have the whole set. like i will for last exile cause i have forgot what has happened so far all the anime i watch is blending together in my mind so its like there all one series. sad but true.

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:yep sounds like you the R1's of blue sub i bought from you were all brand new and i guess you never watched those.
-LE
TO tell the truth, I only watched Vols. 1 and 2. Waited a few days coz I had Netflix DVDs then, after that, completely forgot abt it. I was going to watch the last 2 volumes, removed shrink wrap of #3, i think, but never got into the mood to watch. Hehehe...it's good though. I really like the animation.
I have 200+ dvds in my backlog...........don't think i'll ever be able to clear it. Just keeps adding up..........
Pages: 1 2