Import Anime Forums

Full Version: PSP or DS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Seijuro Hiko Wrote:EBGames will sell it for $150 and it will arrive in november, :eek: it cost as much as new PS2
well EBgames has been wrong on so many times I don't ever listen to what they say.
The only true thing I have heard about the PSP is that is hotter than your laptop. No I am not reffering to hot as "oh he means it's cool" No I mean that after a few minutes of playing it, it get super hot to hold. Schultz didn't you tell me it was due too the processers the PSP is using.

Anderomeda - You like the idea it plays movies, look at the word you are using movies, not DVD's, not VCD's... You have to buy the movie in a new format. ANd since I am on the subject, movies like LOTR... guess what you are out of luck when it comes to the PSP. Why you ask? Because the battery life on the PSP lets you have up to 2 hours... that means you can't watch any movie that goes over 2 hours.

That means to me... the PSP is a dud... I am getting a DS.
I thought the battery life was 10 hours tops?
There is no news on the psp batery life.ds fansites are saying a definate 90 mins psp fansites 10 hours.both are full of crap cause sony have not stated the batery life yet(or its price) there is a thing going round at the mo which is supposed to be an analyst prediction which puts the psp at running for 90 mins and that it overheats.i have yet to hear from anyone that has actually used a psp that it is hot.
here a bit that was posted on ign boards this however is also opinion.like news on ds games i gues we'll just have to wait for psp final specs

"It sometimes amazes me how fast negative information on a console can spread, no matter how ridiculous the information may be. This would be one of those cases.
Currently, there are reports from various ?analysts? that the PSP is going to be delayed until mid to late 2005 because of technical problems. With all the attention being given to these articles, I imagine that some of you may want to know how I stand on these issues.
The issues brought up by the "analysts" are rather astounding when you think about it. They claim that the PSP will be delayed because of problems with overheating and battery life. I?m not sure how they came up with these issues- perhaps some sort of magic hat was used to hold mystical paper with sacred writings on them. The truth is, some very fortunate folks know, for a fact, that these reported "issues" are completely unfounded. After reading hands-on reviews from journalists who were able to play the PSP during TGS, it becomes blatantly obvious that these analysts had never interfaced with the PSP themselves and that their research is incredibly false.
One reviewer mentioned, after playing the PSP at TGS for a full hour straight, that there was no affect on the battery level at all. It was noted that the games were being played off of Memory Sticks, not UMDs. However if there was a "serious" problem with battery life, they would have seen some effect on the battery level (especially when these analysts claim a 1.5 hour battery life). Also, during the same review, it was mentioned that the unit was warm to the touch; however the review further elaborated that it wasn?t any warmer than other portable devices. Furthermore, these "analysts" contentions are even more absurd when considering that Sony finalized the PSP hardware weeks ago.
Some food for thought, for those of us who like to see the truth printed, instead of lies..."

still dont know yet whether the ds will be worth a buy at launch.i might just wait a bit till some better games are released(alt hough again spec cause no one know what games at launch) but by then of course the psp will be out hmmmm maybe i should flag the lot and get a gp32.its got the biggest game library.gp32 games master system genesis nes snes basic mame and more

There is one thing that worries me about ds though and that is that to many little games will be released that will be fun but id never convince myself to buy cause of a low lifetime. http://ds.ign.com/articles/554/554126p1.html some people might be able to play this type of game for hours apon hours but to me its just an advanced version of their tech demo.a gimick.but then again im an rpg lover
90 minutes, that is shoddy. surely sony would've done somethng about this? Does any remember the sega gamegear handheld?
id take the ds any day of the week, i already have a ps2 Big Grin
I think the PSP will do better than the DS with the quality of games right off the bat. However, once devs learn how to use the duel screens of the DS better, I think that the DS will have better quality games later on. If I were to buy one i'd buy the DS. If I wanted to play a machine that simply cranks out the best graphics i'll play a console. When I use a handheld I don't care about graphics much, I just want a good game on the go.
both have pretty weak launch linups although i think that sony have the better.looks like mario64 will be the ds main selling point at launch.noticed concerns on ign boards about how all the games are trying to use the touch screen even when they shouldnt.ridge racer is a perfect example of what not to do with a touch screen.
Like I said, once devs learn to use the DS more effectively the DS games will likely become better than the PSP.
ouijaouija Wrote:90 minutes, that is shoddy. surely sony would've done somethng about this? Does any remember the sega gamegear handheld?

Game gear killed batterys but i still loved it!
wo0t i played all my mastersystem games on it aswell
Sugoi ne!!!

well PSP or DS?
undecided but i like the PSP's design
i would have like the DS to have been more cool lookin or atleast Retro lookin (like a game&watch DK system)

yeah yeah aesthetic arent everythin i know Rolleyes
rav96 Wrote:yeah yeah aesthetic arent everythin i know Rolleyes

But they matter! Wink
dont they always!

yeah im fickle! its all good :p
I have a ds pre payed for already. after seeing the metroid video on gamespot i knew this was he system for me. i will also be getting a psp latter.
im counting down the days.

Oct.:
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Nov. :
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

(23rd is the day i get mine they ship to gamestop the 21st but dont get here till the 23rd fuckers. )

so only : 37 more days Sad

-LE
Cidien Wrote:Like I said, once devs learn to use the DS more effectively the DS games will likely become better than the PSP.

sorry for the doubble post.

well i aggree, nintendo at the gamers summit stated that the DS games can be just as good and the same as the psp, also they could create those games for the DS but the psp cant make the same games the DS is capable of with the touch screen and so on. so in the future of games Nintendo owns all these 2nd and 3rd party systems and handhelds.

NINTENDO OWNS YOU !

THATS IS ALL.

-LE
wrxh8r Wrote:both have pretty weak launch linups although i think that sony have the better.looks like mario64 will be the ds main selling point at launch.noticed concerns on ign boards about how all the games are trying to use the touch screen even when they shouldnt.ridge racer is a perfect example of what not to do with a touch screen.
I think DS holds the advantage in this section as well. First it is backwards compabitale with GBA games. The PSP on the other hand is making a new format. Do you really want to pay for a movie twice. Once on DVD and then for the PSP. Not me..
Oh let's talk about the heat thing. This is a question... does a laptop get hot on your lap after a few hours of running? Yes it does. Now it only has one processer. The PSP has two how hot do you think it is going to get?
Pages: 1 2 3 4