Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Why no Initial D superbox (FX) in review archive??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This set has been available at CJV for a while and I know some peeps have gotten it and I am just curious why this title hasn't been added to the review archive since it is an FX release.
You can add it if you want using the add dvd tab. I didn't care enough to make one though. If anyone was wondering the superbox is perfect. Never had any skipping except one part during of of the movies that lasted a few secs. Very good subtitles and visuals. I hear it's a rip of MI's subtitles.
Actually yah, I have tried adding titles before and nothing seems to happen, but for now I'll just take your word that it is a great set. Big Grin
FX doesnt have Initial D release
Ya they do. Under their "Animation World whatever it is Limited". I'm staring at it right now. =P

http://www.cookiejarvideo.com/catalog/pr...cts_id=842

Unless you were just kidding. /shrug
I'm not sure how you figure that to be an FX release... there isn't any sort of logo on the packaging or in the description at all. It does look like a nice set and most of the Initial D sets out there have been pretty good (most of them).
JJ is in close contact with the folks at FX regularly and if they haven't told him they are producing this boxed set then I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about. It would be interesting to find out who does produce this box because it would be nice to have all the shows together in one box (although I am skeptical about them fitting everything onto 6 discs).
I agree with Zagatto there is no logo on the case or anything in the description. so im guessing that JJ is right and its hard to get a set that doesnt have a maker on the box so no one to contact to get the set.

if there was a set they would add it ! Wink

-LE
I'd love to buy this set but I much prefer to buy it form here instead of any where else.
Well, Bella said that it was an FX release, and if the box does say the Animation World International Limited, that is also a tell-tale sign that it is an FX release, many of the listed FX sets come with that label on the back. I just found it odd that Bella would have this set and info and no one else even knows about it.

Oh, and it doesn't have *everything* in the set, it just has 1-2-3 and extra stage. Bella said it was a reorganized rip of the MI sets. Kind of like when they did the GITS and Naruto sets...
and the mystery continues..... :confused:
The only thing out there other than 1-2-3 and the extra stage is the 4th stage which is currently being released in Japan and not yet finished. There's also that Battle Stage if you want to count that but that's really just edited scenes from Stage 1 and the Extra Stage.

I'm sure if it is from FX we'll be hearing more about it soon. Unless Bella has arranged some sort of coup...
There is also the crappily subbed battle stage.

Dunno, but Bella did say it's from FX and the box I own is clearly either produced by FX or another company is faking it to make it appear like it's from FX. But if it came to Bella in an FX shipment doesn't it have to be made by FX?
I think it might be fx, i remmy reading it on one of the emails but can't seem to find it right now.
Just bought the first volume of Initial D R1. The music is ok but sucks compared to the original. The voices are awful. Some are decent and others are just plain crappy (takumi's dad). The words they say don't always match up to the way their lips are moving either! I've seen several times when people are talking but the lips don't move until a second later. What garbage. The shortening of names like Tak for Takumi and the mispronunciation (again takumi is a great example) are nothing short of retarded. I want to support more R1's but damn, I really don't want to support a release that ruins a show when brining it over.
This is one R1 that even I didn't want to support. It was horrible.

I might still buy the boxset when TP puts it out if it's cheap, simply for the improved video quality over the boots. This will be the 1st time I will voluntarily choose to watch an R1 subbed.
Another thing, the sound quality is crap too. Every once in a while the sound gets REALLY loud for a few seconds then goes back to normal. Thought I got rid of that crap when I quit watching vhs lol. Thinking about buying them for the quality too, just watch it subbed. However i've heard the subs aren't even as good as the HK's, except for punctuation that is. Gonna have to watch the dvd again with subs on this time and see.
Pages: 1 2