Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Thinpaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondering where you guys get your thinpak cases. Also can anyone explain or point to a tutorial of what's involved in thinpaking? Thanks.
Has anyone discovered anything that is even thinner than thinpaks? I'm talking about something like a plastic or cellophane holder for the disk and the jacket. Yes i am at the point that even thinpaks take up too much space.

When i got a few bootlegs in china of movies they had cool cellophane wrappers which housed the jacket to protect it and house the disk. It folded along one of the spines of the jacket.

I have plastic wallets for my official vcds, which allow you to insert the front and back cd inserts in as well and allow them to be displayed. There is a cloth separator in the middle so 2 disk sets are not scratched.

Anyone found anything like this as my dvd collection is attacks me in my sleep sometimes when they topple over and hit me on the face! -.-;;
sooo.... where do you get your thinpaks from? I'm sure converting isn't hard, i'll figure that out, but where do you guys get them from and about how much?
you can get your thinpacks from http://www.usplastics.com they don't cost very much, they are pretty cheap.
I just bought 65 for about $35 after shipping. We'll see how that goes in about a week.

Also crayon do you use single or double thinpaks? If you use the single you could cut down some more by using double ones. You'd have to be willing to throw away some inserts though.
These are the ones I use:

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3976828

And basically the only thing you have to do with thinpakking is cut a little bit off each side of the DVD covers in order to make them fit.
Cidien Wrote:Also crayon do you use single or double thinpaks? If you use the single you could cut down some more by using double ones. You'd have to be willing to throw away some inserts though.
:eek: Blasphemy!! Thanks for the tip though.
No prob.

Vicious did you ever get around to posting a pic of your new thinpaked collection? Would like to see it. =)
Not yet. I've only thinpakked maybe 100 discs so far. Alot of my stuff has boxes for them and I'm still trying to figure out if I want to get rid of some of the boxes in order to thinpak more DVD's.
I'd hate to part with any of my box art. I guess maybe Thinpaking would be ok for a single disc but I've got mostly boxed sets and they are pretty thin to begin with.
That's what i'm debating right now. I have quite a few boxes here and in the mail otw. Not sure if I want to keep them or sell them and thinpak stuff. Think i'll probably leave them for now.
Vicious Wrote:Not yet. I've only thinpakked maybe 100 discs so far. Alot of my stuff has boxes for them and I'm still trying to figure out if I want to get rid of some of the boxes in order to thinpak more DVD's.

That's the exact thing I'm thinking about. I would have so many boxes left over if I were to thinpak all the dvds. I want to keep the boxes since that's what I bought the DVDs for. Yet, there's no pt in keeping the boxes if I were to thinpak them. Dilemma, decisions......
Japschin Wrote:That's the exact thing I'm thinking about. I would have so many boxes left over if I were to thinpak all the dvds. I want to keep the boxes since that's what I bought the DVDs for. Yet, there's no pt in keeping the boxes if I were to thinpak them. Dilemma, decisions......

:eek: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all about the sexiness!!! :p
CrayonShinChan Wrote:Has anyone discovered anything that is even thinner than thinpaks? I'm talking about something like a plastic or cellophane holder for the disk and the jacket. Yes i am at the point that even thinpaks take up too much space.

air. Put them on spindles. Problem solved.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7&tc=photo

Are these regular thinpaks? Cuz they cost a whole lot less than I bought mine off a web site.
Pages: 1 2