Import Anime Forums

Full Version: ??? on Escaflowne
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After seeing both the series and the Escaflowne movie you can make a list of all the things that are different where ther story is not even close to the each other. Does anybody here know why their is such a difference between the two. At least with Cowboy Bebop the move takes place time wise somewhere during the regular series as the story goes. Escaflowne, same characters except some of the major story points don't match at all
The movie is just a remake of the 26 episode series, as to why, well maybe they just wanted to.
Their is parts of the movie that you can definately tell are in the series, but the similarities and differences canceleach other out because their is so many
Quote:Originally posted by Mantis421
Does anybody here know why their is such a difference between the two.

Because that's how they wanted to create it.

Just like all 3 Tenchi series or all 3 El Hazard series are slightly different than each other. Just like the OMG movie and OVA's are slightly different. Not sure what type of answer you're looking for past the obvious.
In a nut shell they couldn't figure our how to covert the series to movie so they changed it to make it work??? Sounds messed up if you think of it that way
Many series have OVA's or movies that have nothing to do or are different than the television series. Vicious gave some good examples. Others would be Dragonball and Silent Mobius. If you look at the Dragonball movies, they are filled with many plot holes and conflicting events, but they're just standalone stories. That's what the Escaflowne movie is.

Of course, some series also compile the series into one OVA like Blue Gender did with it's recent release and I think Crest of the Stars did one as well (mostly to help viewers find the transition between Crest and Banner).

It's all on how they want to release it. Yeah, Cowboy Bebop's movie could be placed in the continuity with no real problems and so could the Mahoromatic Special, but that's how the studio's wished to release them.
In a nut shell they couldn't figure our how to covert the series to movie so they changed it to make it work??? Sounds messed up if you think of it that way

Noone said they couldn't figure out how to convert it. That's how they designed it to be. Not all movies or series are related in terms of continuity just because they have the same name. They wanted to do a slightly different take on it, so they did.
I think the differences can hut the title alittle I never got to see Escaflowne the series until around 2000 I liked it right away. But because my friends the anime nuts all told me the movie sucked and was nothing like the series I didn't see the movie until Dec of last year when I found it at a cheap price and got it. I don't think the movie is entirely bad. I just don't like how they change things up the way they did.
Funny side note my 12 year old little brother is starting to dislike DBZ because of each series the character differences one season he is bad the next he is good
Funny side note my 12 year old little brother is starting to dislike DBZ because of each series the character differences one season he is bad the next he is good

que?

Anyways. Think of it this way: You watch the whole TV series. Twas good! You watch the movie, Twas the same damn thing! THere's no need to watch the same damn thing, which is why there are a bunch of changes.
Bandi should of not Marketed the movie the way they did with it not being a match to the series. Much the way they make movies out of books obviously they would have had to shorten stuff, but changing the story all together in certain parts doesent seem wothwhile to even see the movie if you know it is different the n the series
Bandi should of not Marketed the movie the way they did with it not being a match to the series. Much the way they make movies out of books obviously they would have had to shorten stuff, but changing the story all together in certain parts doesent seem wothwhile to even see the movie if you know it is different the n the series

Let it go man, you don't have to see it again if you don't want to. Bandai is going to market whatever makes them money.
I know, I know don't always agree with how they do stuff buts thats life

that's the point, it's supposed to be different. I don't remember them saying ever that it was the same thing!
If it was suppose to be different Kakomu they would of not slapped the Escaflowne name so big and bold in the advertisement and had the anouncer saying based on the hit series Escaflowne. Its an advertising ploy thats all
If it was suppose to be different Kakomu they would of not slapped the Escaflowne name so big and bold in the advertisement and had the anouncer saying based on the hit series Escaflowne. Its an advertising ploy thats all

The name of the movie is 'Escaflowne'. What else did you expect them to put on there? And it is based on the TV series. See the similar characters? See the similarities in part of the storyline? There is nothing wrong with what they did. It did not say 'Identical to the TV series'. It said 'based on', which is true. And how big they want to put the title of the DVD on the cover is up to them.

But like someone said earlier - Why would you want a rehash/summary of the series if you've already seen the series? Personally, I think you're bitching about something that they've done nothing wrong about. It didn't meet your expectation so you're upset about it. While everyone else here sees nothing wrong with it. I think you're alone on this one and your complaint doens't make much sense to me at all.
Pages: 1 2