Import Anime Forums

Full Version: why are the prices so low!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Quote:Originally posted by hbk101
5 people have told Vicious to tone down on his abuse of people for last 4 days, and all of them have met with harsh retort by Vicious. You can draw your own conclusion there.

If you are including me in the five that Vicious has 'harshly retorted' then I beg to differ. I always keep it civil with Vicious and he has always returned the civility, even when he was irritated with me calling him on stuff he did it in a very civil way. He didn't tell me I was an idiot or call my mom a whore, he just said that he "didn't appreciate it".

And to my comment about how he doesn't start in with personal attacks, I didn't say he was that way 100% of the time (you failed to include my comment about him calling peeps stupid), but often his initial comments, while at times rude or smart ass, are not personal attacks. I have had plenty of disagreements with him about stuff, but we always keep it civil and respectful.

What I really want to know is what you hope to achieve from all this? If you are trying to change Vicious's behavior, you guys need to grow up and stop trying to be his mom. If anyone is going to change Vicious it will be him. Your personal attacks and endless baiting and taking of bait go nowhere. (But of course it is always entertaining to see what lengths you will all go...:p) If you are trying to 'police' the forum and get him kicked off, you guys really need to go jump in a lake. That is not anyone's business except those in charge. Not a few self-righteous board members.

Quote:This is one argument he should not win because this is about him abusing people.

I wonder where the argument in this one is? Since when has Vicious ever denied being abusive? He's the first to admit that he is ruthless and unsympathetic. The other half of the problem is that the people he attacks just don't know when to quit. They fight back the wrong way and it creates flame wars. When I had my first Vicious encounter I remember I replied "I respectfully disagree with you" and that was the end of it. He didn't berate me or personally attack me. I don't think being nice is hard, and it is a great way to solve arguments...Wink
The prices are low because they are bootlegs made in Hong Kong. They don't have to pay anyone and they put a lot of episodes onto one disc so that they can also save on manufacturing costs. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by rarnom
1) If you are including me in the five that Vicious has 'harshly retorted' then I beg to differ.

2) And to my comment about how he doesn't start in with personal attacks, I didn't say he was that way 100% of the time, but often his initial comments, while at times rude or smart ass, are not personal attacks. I have had plenty of disagreements with him about stuff, but we always keep it civil and respectful.

3) What I really want to know is what you hope to achieve from all this?
If you are trying to change Vicious's behavior, you guys need to grow up and stop trying to be his mom. If anyone is going to change Vicious it will be him. Your personal attacks and endless baiting and taking of bait go nowhere. (But of course it is always entertaining to see what lengths you will all go...:p)

4) If you are trying to 'police' the forum and get him kicked off, you guys really need to go jump in a lake. That is not anyone's business except those in charge. Not a few self-righteous board members. I wonder where the argument in this one is? Since when has Vicious ever denied being abusive? He's the first to admit that he is ruthless and unsympathetic.

5) The other half of the problem is that the people he attacks just don't know when to quit. They fight back the wrong way and it creates flame wars.

6) When I had my first Vicious encounter I remember I replied "I respectfully disagree with you" and that was the end of it. He didn't berate me or personally attack me. I don't think being nice is hard, and it is a great way to solve arguments...Wink

1) then just make it "he retorted on your case". But you know...he was about to go off if you said one more word. You backed off and he stopped. It's still there for all to see earlier in this thread.

2) I agree that he's not harsh 100% of times. That is impossible. You are missing the point. He has no right to abuse others in regular basis for his enjoyment whether it's personal attacks or not .

3) Did you read the part about how Vicious had been looking for chance to tear into me for a long time? How do you respond to something like that? Sounds to me that this confrontation was unavoidable. And about the endless baiting part......Have you also forgotten that I avoided confrontation with Vicious several times even though he tried? When did I ever bait him? Never before this.

4) policing the forum? I guess that's Vicious' job.
He also claimed that he ALWAYS had good reasons for abusing people.

5) Are you telling me that it is OK for Vicious to attack people but not vice-versa? And newbies are supposed to know this? Is that fair arrangement? What you are saying is that just because he is Vicious, he gets a leeway for causing trouble. I respectfully disagree. He has to abide by the forum rule just like everyone else. You almost imply special treatment for Vicious.

6) Again, I'd like to remind you that he's been wanting to tear into me. Well....I guess I should tell Vicious I respectfully disagree.
Good idea. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Cidien
Good idea. Smile

I agree, and Cidien your other post was awesome as well. LOL. Anyway, hbk101, I sent you some pm's. I have no desire to keep this going here anymore. If you still want to discuss, then I'll do it that way.
Quote:Originally posted by Cidien
Good idea. Smile

I am strongly considering that, as this thread has gotten too long.

Well........Vicious. I respecfully diagree with your opinion.

There. Done.
ehh hummmmm

am i the only one who doesnt really give a flying f*ck to who Vicious Threatens etc, i find it funny heck even if were against me!

Its only a Forum. NOT REAL LIFE!!!

WHO GIVES A DAMN
STOP BEING SO OFFENDED!

theres plenty of other forums out there... so if you cant hack it join anotherRolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by rav96
ehh hummmmm

am i the only one who doesnt really give a flying f*ck to who Vicious Threatens etc, i find it funny heck even if were against me!

Its only a Forum. NOT REAL LIFE!!!

WHO GIVES A DAMN
STOP BEING SO OFFENDED!

theres plenty of other forums out there... so if you cant hack it join anotherRolleyes

Your not the only one who doesnt really care. If nothing else it is can be quite funny.
With the exception of the past few days, Vicious has remained mostly civil when he posts unless it is someone who fails in basic nettiquette by not reading the FAQ. Then he's only gone so far as calling people stupid for not reading that FAQ.

If I had to base my opinion on Vicious only from what I've read in this thread I would be making a strong effort to have him banned. I'm surprised at how badly he caved here and look forward to the old days of a merely abrasive Vicious.

I did read the thread with Crate Digga before it was deleted and feel that Vicious could have worded his antipathy a bit more eloquently but CD was asking for it. That is one person I will NOT miss in this forum.

I have very little tolerance for any abuse that includes peoples race, gender, sexual preference, religion, or political affiliation. I enjoy heated debates that use facts and research in them.

Rereading things, HBK stands out as one of the better verbal pugilists in this thread. Robojack and Vicious have decended to the depths of grade school kids arguing about who's dad is stronger.

I am williing to host and referee a fight between the two to settle things.
Quote:Originally posted by Puppet Master
If nothing else it is can be quite funny.

I second That

Big Grin

oh and Zagotto The Ref would be class in his Lupin Outfit in the middle of a ringWink
I'm also pretty confident that I could lay some smack down on these punk kids if either of them started fighting dishonourably. I've only got about 20 years of experience in tournament combat.

Of course I've never been in a street fight so I'm not too sure how that would go. Even when I was a bouncer, I managed to avoid fighting just by talking things over with people and leaving my ego behind at the door.

It's kind of like marriage: you can be right or you can be happy. I haven't been right in 8 years but I'm happy. Why do I know this? My wife tells me so.
Damns that alot considering if got about 20 years experince of lifeBig Grin
LOL as appealing as that sounds at the moment, I would have to decline if such a challenge was issued. I have a few broken and bruised knuckles from a skirmish a few months back, as well as a recently healed ankle that was broken as a result of basketball.

I do believe that some people can't be convinced with words, and this is where physical force is necessary. Vicious isn't worth my time though IRL, since he isn't the first person to get a power high off of the anonymity that is granted by online msg boards/chats. I'm certain he can say likewise about me. When it comes down to it, certain things should be kept as strictly online matters, I feel this is one of them.
Damn. I go to sleep for a few hours and I miss all this.

Rarnom - You're right. I've never claimed to be the nicest guy in the world. So I don't know what they're trying to change.

Zagatto - Sorry. I figured I'd stoop down to their level for once and make absolutely no sense whatsoever. It was so funny watching Robocrap and BS get mad over nothing. But I do get tired of arguing with these morons to no end. Seems like I'm always going around in circles.

BS - Please name the people who have told me to tone it down. You, Robocrap, and Crate. Now look in the mirror and let me know what you see. And you see why I don't listen to you nobodys. Don't try using your little Get Along Gang there as a sample of the entire forum population. Whose twisting the truth now?

Robocrap - You're not older than me, so . . . . here's a big fat loogie for you.

And so, the saga continues.
Now, now, sticks and stones. Robocrap, there's a word I use a lot, particularly when referring to the butchered Macross series. It's not much of a saga, if you ask me, and neither is this so-called saga of yours, Vicious.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16