Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Best Anime Opening Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What are your guys' thoughts on the best series' opening for an anime? Will keep my opinion out for a few posts. Smile
The best is hard to say for me, I shall list ones I thought were cool:

Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Lupin III (The MAIN one, that started with the 2nd TV)
Martian Successor Nadesico
Nadia
Blue Gender
Gundam Wing
X

It's a lot, but I am real torn by this question.

However WORST is easy as pie...Berserk. What was even up with that...I shall never know. I blame it on demon screeching meant to torture the dead.
Ever watch Samurai Champloo? That has the worst opening I've seen to date.

The best opening would probably have to be the one in Planetes, since it's the only opening that I've bothered to re-watch in every episode, instead of just skipping it. Some would call it an Enterprise-imitation, but I think it does an even better job than that. Hell, that series is one of my favorites.

Now amongst older series, I would probably have to say Slayers Try, since it had a great opening theme song that kept me coming back for every episode. Another would have to be the ones for first Initial D stage, or the most recent 4th stage one (Dogfight is awesome).
Openings

Ranma 1/2 Season 1
Urusei Yatsura Second Opening
Maison Ikkoku Second Opening
Marriage

Closings

Ranma 1/2 Season 2
Maison Ikkoku Last Closing
Cowboy Bebop
Kimagure Orange Road First Closing
Alright let's see:

+ - Cowboy BeBop
+ - Trigun
+ - Hellsing
+ - CardCaptor Sakura -- All 3 seasons of openings

Cosing

+ - None, not one closing song has ever made me wanna sit through the credits. Except on the VERY ending on CCS on the 70th episode when they re-make the 3rd season's opening theme song and do I quick recap of what happened in all of the 69 other episodes. Magic.
why hasnt anyone mentioned Record of Lodoss War OAV, even the TV series opening was awesome
Berserk opening - Only opening I wouldn't skip because I love the theme song.
My fav opening themes are:

GetBackers - 1st opening
X TV
Aishiteruze Baby
Saiyuki

Closing themes:
Saiyuki & Saiyuki Reload <-- have some of the coolest themes around
GetBackers - Mr Deja vu <-- funky closing video too! ginji..... *-*
Inuyasha - Every Heart and Fukai Mori
Chrno Crusade - Sayonara Solitaire
Prince of Tennis - white Line
Vision of Escaflowne

hmm seems like i enjoy closing themes more than opening ones!
i usually watch the opening and closing the first time i watch an anime, and then after skip it to get to the episodes. but if found my self watching the opening to blue gender each and everytime, for some reason i liked it alot. the best closing and probably the funiest would be for Mahoromatic season one, it was to catchy. i'm glad the changed it for the second season.
For me my favorite opening/closings are easy.

Opening belongs to Cowboy Bebop. No contest there for me really, although some come pretty close.

Ending themes: Both Outlaw Star endings. I love those songs. I got the mp3's of those years ago and still love them.
"Duvet", the opening for Serial Experiments Lain was really nice. Check out Boa's album "Twilight". I also liked "Raspberry Heaven", the opening of Azumanga Daioh. I really searched the net to get this mp3. And Gasaraki's ending song was really good.

Oops, nearly forgot L'arc-en-ciel's openings for DNA2 and GTO.
Heres my list:

Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Naruto
Full Metal Alchemist

Closing:
Naruto (Wind - Best song ever!)
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Alchemist
Ah yes, Lain has an excellent opening. One of the ones I think comes close to taking out Cowboy Bebop. I actually listened to almost every opening when I watched Lain..
Quote:Originally posted by Nina182B
Berserk opening - Only opening I wouldn't skip because I love the theme song.

Really??!!! I would always think thats how I would sound if I sang in Japanese!

Openings:
Ranma Season 1
Zenki
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Dangaioh
Gunbuster
Nadia
Dragon Ball Z (the second song) WE Got Power Bitch!!!
Robotech and Macross both have kick ass opening songs
Devil Hunter Yohko

As far as one of the worst, I always hated the Kenshin first season opening, blah.
I am suppressed that nobody has said last exile
Pages: 1 2 3