Import Anime Forums

Full Version: most nerdy hobby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
O.K. We have to admit that as anime fans we are super nerdy. But are we the nerdiest?? NO WAY!! Vote and post to see what is the nerdiest hobby. And of course the more of these hobbies you are into the nerdier you are.
Minus cosplaying I do all of the above, & asking me which one makes me or others more of a dork is something I can't do.
Which in the eyes of most non-anime fans I know doing any of those makes you either just weird or a stupid freak.
None of the above can rival trainspotting. :p
whats Cosplay Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by CrayonShinChan

True that!!! I believe that anime since it became more mainstream is not that nerdy. I believe is more acceptable, if that is the right word, by the general audience, at least they recognize it now.
Quote:Originally posted by CrayonShinChan

Don't forget plane spotting. I just flew back from England and while I was at the airport there were about 8 people with birnoculars and cameras taking pictures and documenting the planes. I had never seen that before.
What is being nerdy anyway? Liking different things?
Quote:Originally posted by Andromeda18_
What is being nerdy anyway? Liking different things?

No, it's being like me!
I R Nerd, hear me roar!
*doesn't roar*
And what are you like?
Tall gimpy & fat.... does that help any?

Eh, I don't really know how to explain nerdyness, just just something some people have, & others seem to share quailities with it, but aren't nerds.
So what you're trying to say is that being nerdy is looking nerdy and liking nerdy things? That those who like nerdy things but don't look nerdy can't be called nerdy?
So what you're trying to say is that being nerdy is looking nerdy and liking nerdy things?

of course not, because acting like a duck sounding like a duck & being a duck doesn't mean it's a duck Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by Andromeda18_ That those who like nerdy things but don't look nerdy can't be called nerdy?

Sure they can, but they won't be a nerd.

It's like any reject can wear all black have spiked hair & call themselves a punk, & have others call them that, but that doesn't mean they are one.
Quote:Originally posted by fahad17
whats Cosplay Big Grin

I guess no one took you seriously. As for the topic Video Games are no longer considered Nerdy. The exception is still computer games. But home conloses starting with the Playstation have become a part of being cool. With games like Madden, Tony Hawk, and other sports titles it left the realm of being for geeks and nerds. Penny Arcade explains it better.

Anyways I think Role Playing in the paper and pen form as well as live action style still gets dubbed being for geeks and nerds. But if it wasn't for those we wouldn't have the great D&D video games.

Cards well this is a mixed bag I know Jocks and other non-nerd types that play Magic online like crazy, but would never spend a single dime for a real deck of magic cards. Oh but the will spend 100 bucks on VR booster packs cards.
I just think this whole thing of calling people nerds based on their looks and/or taste is stupid. I mean, in Japan reading manga and watching anime is a common thing. Just because people like things out of the ordinary that doesn't make them nerdy. And people definitely aren't nerdy just because they're fat and have pimples.
I just think this whole thing of calling people nerds based on their looks and/or taste is stupid. I mean, in Japan reading manga and watching anime is a common thing. Just because people like things out of the ordinary that doesn't make them nerdy. And people definitely aren't nerdy just because they're fat and have pimples.

I am sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention. This thread is all about having a sense of humor about the hobbies we partake in and the type of people that typically are into them. By saying something is nerdy doesn't mean it is 'stupid' by any means. This all comes from a conversation my friends and I were having and how we noticed that typical video game fans are much less nerdy than anime fans, and there was like a food chain of nerdiness from minor nerdiness to extreme nerdiness.

I don't think that fat = nerdy. Plenty of jocks are now fat and they aren't nerds...:p

I don't think I look nerdy at all, but I know that when I don my Rifts T-shirt I am being pretty nerdy...Big Grin

Either way, those who don't understand call us nerdy because they are just jealous we have the balls to be into this stuff.Cool
Pages: 1 2 3 4