Import Anime Forums

Full Version: music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
sorry buddy the velvet underground (around since the mid 60's)would be one of the bands responsible for paving the way for american punk along with the ramones. the sex pistols were a made up band, completely fake(made to make money). i saw the damned recently with tiger army, they are getting old, well whats left of them, they weren't that great. Now the clash i love the clash. and still the one true punk band Minor Threat.
Actually Nofx, Bad Religion, Misfits, they have all been around since the late 70's and they have been one of the bigest influences on american punk. i hate it when people automatically assume/state that brittan is responsible for influencing all sorts of music. now one form of music i thank brittan for is trip hop, bands like massive attack, portishead, and tricky. great stuff.
Yeah The Clash are my Fav Oldskool Punk band!!!

The Sex Pistols though sell out were inspirations none the less, more so for fashion than music

but the Velvet Underground had zero influence on the rest of the world,
it is simply unique music but not true Punk esp in their mid 60's start, though revolutionary at that time but not Punk well not atleast in their humble beginings!

what is seen as being Punk started in Brittain there no denying! that when The Punk Movement had taken Head and Become the Strength!

RIP joe Strummer

and Minor Threat, Nofx, Bad Religion, Misfits heck even Mxpx rule!

and a big Woot to Black Flag! Hardcore Punk pioneers!
Pages: 1 2 3 4