Import Anime Forums

Full Version: L.A. Lakers or Detorid Pistons???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I really don't see alot wrong with much of what you said, except 2 things.

While it is true that Shaq makes it easier, we don't know what Kobe would do if given a decent team like the Clippers to play with. I honestly believe that if he goes there, that they're instant championship contenders. Kobe, Brand, the number 2 pick iun the draft that could potentially be Okafor, and Corey Magette. I know Magette and Kobe are boys, but they play essentially the same position and both like jacking up shots. so I personally would trade Magette away for a decent point guard.

The other thing I disagree with is your assessment of Pippen. You're right in that he may not have been top 30 all time. But he was a very very good compliment to someone like Jordan. And would be to Kobe as well. Kobe and MJ both want to take the clutch shot, so his mentality works great with them two. Also, defensively, he took so much pressure off of MJ. If Jordan was having trouble with someone, or was getting into foul trouble, or wanted to conserve some energy on defense, they could easily stick Pippen on him. If the Lakers had that Pippen with Kobe right now, they would easily shut down Chauncey and Rip and cause total havok on the Pistons offense. They would have so much trouble even initiating their offense. And also, the year that Jordan was out of the league, didn't Pippen end up being the league MVP?
Pages: 1 2 3