Import Anime Forums

Full Version: When? Where? and What?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. About 6 years ago.
2. At high school... no really we had vcds playing on puters at school.
3. Well NGE to be honest.
20 years ago: Robotech
my junior year my friend would download anime on the T1 connection and burn it on the one computer in the calss and he would watch them in other classes and everyone would watch too ! i never got work done always played counter strike or watched anime on vcd !

fun stuff !

-LE
1. in the early 80's, i was 2 maybe 3 yrs old
2. in my 2nd home (currently living in my 6th)
3. astroboy, and numerous other title that i can't remember
1)'89
2)living room
3)robotech, of course with English Dub.
1. God knows....real early nineties.

2. My living room, with my Dad.

3. Starvengers/Getter Robo
1. 3rd or 4th grade, roughly 9 years ago.

2. In my living room

3. I watched DragonBall, Sailor Moon and DragonBall Z.

But if you guys are talking about anime that isn't butchered by American television, then:

1. 7th grade

2. Friend's house

3. End of Evangelion and Oh My Goddess OVA

After I saw those, I only dove deeper into anime eventually discovering fansubs and bootlegs, the wonderful world of free and cheap anime : )

I'm a n00b here, by the way. I've checked the store over the past two years, but I didn't register for the boards until now.

Be gentle : )
a) First time I saw anime - Speed Racer circa 1974 at home on TV.
b) First time I knew I was watching anime - Star Blazers circa 1982 also at home on TV
c) First time I knew I was hooked on anime - Akira road trip circa 1990 when I made the road trip to Chicago to see it on the big screen.
1. 1996

2. at my mates house

3. first anime i ever properly watched was GITS and i blew me away!
then i started to watch sailormoon (still a big fan), dragonball, macross, kodocha, marmalde boy etc from VHS fansubs then downloads

there is actually a hell load of anime i watched brfore knowing it was anime such as transformers,speed racer etc

general saturday morning cartoons when i was a youngunWink
I think about 10 years ago, when I was 12, I saw a couple movies in the sci-fi channel. i remember watching iria, green legend ran, and robot carnavel! *sigh*

yeah, funny how i didn't know it was anime back then. just thought how cool it was Wink
first time watching anime
DBZ
chris's basement on cartoon net work

first time I knew I realy liked anime shows in general
trigun Inuasha on adult swim
lol agen in chris's basment
It was in 92, in my living room at 6am. I watched Sailor Moon on local TV, untill they cancelled it. T.T Then Escaflowne (well 5 eps.), Card Captor Sakura, and Monk Cole Knight (if anyone remember's that..>.>).
Mine was Sailor Moon too I think back in 95 at home when I was bored and nothing else to watch. I instantly fell in love with it.
well i was around 4 or 5 around 1986 and here they used to play a show called festival de los robots and it has jegg, gaiking and some more big robots and 3 dudes with little spaceships a red, a green and a blue one, sadly i cant cant remeber their namesSad
Quote:Originally posted by wayuko
well i was around 4 or 5 around 1986 and here they used to play a show called festival de los robots and it has jegg, gaiking and some more big robots and 3 dudes with little spaceships a red, a green and a blue one, sadly i cant cant remeber their namesSad

i remember now it was called el galactico (Starzinger) and jeeg was called el vengador and gaiking el gladiadorBig Grin
Pages: 1 2