Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Any Anime Magazines to Recommend?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Apart from NewType and Animerica, are there any other anime magazines to recommend? Thanks
"Play" magazine isn't a anime mag, but it does review the most recent animes. i bought Hellsing because of this mag's review of it.
Well for anime, there are not too many out there that i know of. Maybe try anime insider, its part of wizard. For ps2 games my fav is PSM and for pc games I like PC Gamer.
I read Anime Insider... And I think it's great! It gives alot of information about shows, releases of Anime, Manga, and it's fun to read.. Bad part is that it comes once every 1.5 ~ 2 months... I sometimes forget I'm subscribed Rolleyes.
A friend of mine gets some kind of anime magazine. The trouble is I have no idea what it's called at the moment. Nobody has said it yet, though, so if it comes to me I'll tell you. How expensive are such subscriptions usually? I only know NewType is rather expensive...
Isnt Newstype so expensive becuase it made in japan?? Or becuase it comes with dvds and other cool stuff???
the extra stuff is probably factored into the price
I figured as much, its like PC mags with demos.
Quote:Originally posted by Owozifa
How expensive are such subscriptions usually? I only know NewType is rather expensive...
I just shook my Anime Insider... to see what deals fall out of the pages... and it's six issues for $18 and $36 for 12 issues (year subscription).
NewsType costs $50 to subscribe, im almost positive.
You get DVDs and manga and stuff with it, and they have to translate everything, plus the licensing. I can understand WHY it's that expensive, but I was wondering how it compares to other mags.

Edit: Now I know, and incidentally I swear I remember an ad I got in a DVD that stated it was something over $80....
Protoculture Addicts, they've been around for quite some time now.
You get free stuff with Anime Insider... (free DBGT!! cards Rolleyes ).. Oh, and every issue has 12 pages of unreleased manga, so you get an idea of upcoming releases. Which is nice.

(Oh, and I am not biased to Anime Insider... it's just the subscription I have.. and I am just sharing information Wink)
Yeah I just looked and Newtype USA is 89.95 a year. And it looks like the price could be going up in the near future...
Quote:Originally posted by Owozifa
Yeah I just looked and Newtype USA is 89.95 a year. And it looks like the price could be going up in the near future...

You could buy like 3 series with that kinda money!:eek:
Pages: 1 2