Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Any Anime Magazines to Recommend?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i'd rather do that than get the mag
Same here!Big Grin
Go to a borders I know for a fact there is like 4-5 different anime mags that are printed in english for canadian and USA consumers. NewType is an affiliate of ADV which is tied to the japanese version of NewType. NewType is a retarded on reviews but it has loads of info on what is out in japan, whats coming to DVD and stuff on music. Go with Animerica or anime insider cause newtype is the starbucks of the anime mag world. (In otherwords it is for the l33t ub3rs that have way too much time and money.)
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
I read Anime Insider... And I think it's great!

I like Anime Insider also. I believe I'm only missing 1 issue since it's inception.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
I like Anime Insider also. I believe I'm only missing 1 issue since it's inception.

that is very impressive, how long has it been around?

ive got like the last 2 1/2 years of Maxim, im not sure if i should be proud of that or not.

-Vile
Quote:Originally posted by Owozifa
Yeah I just looked and Newtype USA is 89.95 a year. And it looks like the price could be going up in the near future...

It's not really expensive. Only $7.50/issue. You get the posters/dvds/postcard/pencile boards etc etc. Basically, I don't really care as long as I get good info. However, NewType is sort of getting on my nerves lately with the biased reviews etc etc. Bah.........

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SirChico
I read Anime Insider... And I think it's great!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I'll subscribe to Anime Insider soon.......
Quote:Originally posted by Vile
that is very impressive, how long has it been around?

It's actualyl not all that impressive. I believe they've been around for a little less than 3 years now. The 1st year, they only put out like 4 issues and then after that they became bi-monthly. I just happened to pick up the 1st issue and liked them enough to try and pick up each issue as they came out at the newsstand.
i've collected about 200 video game magazines over the past 3 years, but thats only because i worked at video game stores and didn't have to pay for them.
only thing about magazines is eventually you throw them away incase it worth keeping around. i just recycled like 100 video game mags the other day. i care about the enviroment. hehe
i just threw them away
i find that most anime reviews are somewhat dodgy, ie they dont really influence my decision to purchase an anime, id rather just read what its about and maybe get a look at the animation style and that all i need to make a choice on what to get, its worked so far! on the other hand video game mags are a must as i need to know what im forkin out £40 for, plus most video game reviewers online are shit and thats why they are free!
Pages: 1 2