Import Anime Forums

Full Version: The greatest of animetion ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know there are many great series and movies out there but my question is what films have the best animation of all. I think the greatest will fall under the movie area. Some of my choices for the greatest animetion made are, in no particular order:

Escaflowne the movie,
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust,
Kenshin Trust and betrayal and seisouhen,
Spriggan
X The movie

Please post your choices
Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Metropolis and VHD:Bloodlust and almost all Ghibli movies if you like that style.
All Miyazaki's movies
Fushigi Yuugi
Vampire Princess Miyu
Devil Lady
Samurai X OVAs
X TV
Escaflowne
Berserk: If only there's an ending...sigh...
etc etc etc etc...........

*EDIT* Read or Die TV + OVA
The most amazing animation I've ever seen is Read or Die. My R2's are simply stunning. And it took 6 years to make 3 half hour episodes, so you know it must be good.
eh humm

let me clear my throat

CONTREVERSIAL STATEMENT now to be produced

BERSERK!!!

why cozits grimey and low budgetWink
robot carnival
chost in the shell the movie
bare foot gen
grave of the fire flys
green legend ran
robot hunter casshan
crying freeman
roujin z
ayane's high kick

thats all that i can think of for now..
I started this thread to see what the general concensus as to what film has the great animation in it. This will eventually lead to purchase films that I wa snot previously interested in and maybe other people will do the same
Ghost in the Shell
Innocence: Ghost in the Shell
Metropolis
Akira
oh yeah i forgot IRIA-zeriam.

all the titles i listed are old shows but they are kinda of hard to find if your looking for the hk's i owned them on VHS a while ago..

ive checked everywhere for barefoot gen and robot carnival dubbed but theyre nowhere to be found..
Animatrix has awesome animation! Oh, I don't mean the CG episode... all the anime had really good animation.

Cowboy Bebop the Movie.. I like the animation in this because movements of characters aren't repeating (like some anime's are), all the animation is different. For instance the motion wasn't back and forth, but continuous motion. Also, more than one thing on the screen is moving.

These are things they can to for a movie because it's bigger budget than a TV series.
I'm looking for animetion that tops all other in terms of quality and budget. And, I agree with sirchico. Beeop the movie is filled with fluid animation. Beautiful stuff
i think that the up coming release of ghost in the shell 2: innocense will take the cake for animation. i watch the trailer for it and it's the best i've seen yet. blood: the last vampire was exceptionally animated, despite its lack of plot or length for that matter.
Utena the movie, End of Evangelion and Escaflowne movie
I loved all the background visuals etc in Utena movie
Cowboy Bebop and Last Exile
Anything Clamp does
Ghibli Films
Akira
Rurouni Kenshin Tsuikouhen 4 OVA's *samurai X :o*
B-e-r-s-e-r-k
Pages: 1 2 3