Import Anime Forums

Full Version: The greatest of animetion ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
wolf rain
escaflowne
naruto
noir
scryed
Berserk for best animation? I don't think so. It's one of my all time favourite TV series but the animation is only good. Not the best.

The first things that come to mind are Miyazaki's movies, Ninja Scroll, VHD: Bloodlust, Akira, Metropolis, and all of Cowboy Bebop (TV and movies).

Thinking about TV series, which have much lower budgets than movies, I think that Eatman '98, Escaflowne, Trigun, and Hellsing all stand out from other series.

I think that some great series like Fushigi Yuugi, Love Hina, Berserk, Captain Tylor, and Kenshin succeed due to the great story lines rather than groundbreaking animation.

Reading through other peoples posts, I have to agree that ROD is another example of amazing animation and I highly recommend watching it.
Yea I know berserk didn't have that great of animation.. I just listed it because I saw someone else list it..

Heh, kind of turned into my likings more than animation for that one.
Unfortunately some of my favorite animation didn't have great stories, but here are some I thought were beautifuly animated and some were sooo boring the animation kept me watching it:

Legend of Crystania
X tv series
A Tree of Palme
Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Cowboy Bebop
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust (I beleive there was more animation in D's hair then there was in a whole season of some anime)
Lain
Rurouni Kenshin OAVs
Macross Do You Remember Love
Princess Monoke ( I would list all the Ghibli movies, but some are just a tad outdated)
Metropolis
Ninja Scroll
Urotsukudoji
Noir

I'm sure I have more, but that is all I can think of now.
GitS and Stand Alone Complex
Dragon Ball Z movie 13 Wink
Animatrix
The Voice of the Distant Star
Blood. Decent movie, but the animation was definitely superb.
x tv and movie
noir
chobits
naruto

this are a few that i think i forgot
are there any older animations that are amazing?
Quote:Originally posted by buffgod
are there any older animations that are amazing?

Besides Akira?

I think we are spoiled now. What was beatiful animation 10 years ago is average to our eyes now because we are used to the modern shit.
It depends on what you're referring to as older anime.
Nausicaa, Castle of Cagliostro, and Akira were all done in the 80s and they still stand up as gorgeous animation.
Ninja Scroll still sets the standard for action scenes and they just released the 10th anniversary edition of that.

For TV series, there is no question that computers have had an incredible impact on animation quality. I love watching old Speed Racer episodes just to see how far we've come in terms of animation. Even looking at TV shows from the 80s like Tekkaman Blade or Voltron, which are both big steps forward from Speed Racer, it's easy to tell when they were made by all the animation short cuts used in the shows (re-used animation, moving lips on a static head, and so on).

I can't think of any great animation in anime prior to Miyazaki though. His use of sweeping vistas and sense of action really pushed the whole industry forward in a way that no other animator has done.
angel's egg is an beautifully animated movie from the 80's, not much for plot though but that doesn't really matter for this anime
has anyone seen mdgeist yet?? the animation was good for its time and the movie was awesome!!
I rather enjoy CLAMP work, X tv, and the Bebop movie. I love it all so much though...
Scrapped princess
Maburaho
Chrno Crusade
Sorcerer hunters
ROLW the ova
Ai yori aoshi
.........and some I cant think of right now........
I believe exactally what elcoholic sed.
Pages: 1 2 3