Import Anime Forums

Full Version: so what's the deal with funimation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
For Pioneer.. Mahoromatic. I really couldn't stand listening to David Umansky play Suguru after just finishing Love Hina!

I personally like Trigun's dub... but we all have our opinions Wink.

Wendee Lee did an outstanding job as Miss Shikijo. Her work on Mahoromatic made the dub absolutely hilarious.
I didn't mind Wendee Lee so much. Although, I kept thinking.. Faye. But, I aggree she did have some funny lines Big Grin. Mahoromatic is funny either way it's watched.
triguns dub was good, some of the voice actors where in akira. it funny to have watched so much anime and hear the voice actors over and over. like steven blum aka david lucas, who has voiced spike spiegal, toh ryuga for mahoromatic, seiichiro aoki in x and x tv, the toonami voice, voices in trigun, flcl, .hack, wolf's rain, love hina, bastard, etc, etc.
but everytime i hear him i think spike and it kind of ruins the other animes a little for me
The only really good VA's in an english dub that can come to my mind are Bebop. Excellent dub, I will say. I think Akira's dub voices sucked.
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
like steven blum aka david lucas, who has voiced spike spiegal, toh ryuga for mahoromatic, seiichiro aoki in x and x tv, the toonami voice, voices in trigun, flcl, .hack, wolf's rain, love hina, bastard, etc, etc.
but everytime i hear him i think spike and it kind of ruins the other animes a little for me

He was Shishio in Rurouni Kenshin also Big Grin! And it was funny because Wendee Lee played Yumi. So it was like having Spike and Faye play Shishio and Yumi Big Grin.

He has a very distinct voice.
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
He was Shishio in Rurouni Kenshin also Big Grin! And it was funny because Wendee Lee played Yumi. So it was like having Spike and Faye play Shishio and Yumi Big Grin.

He has a very distinct voice.

He also has a surprisingly wide range. Although all his voices have a similar tone, if you listen to some of them back-to-back, it's pretty shocking that a man can achieve such range outside of voicing younger characters.
Pages: 1 2