Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Rahxephon FX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Im a new member here, and i was wondering, i read a couple posts about FX's dvds being glitchy etc. Is this occuring with the RahXephon Box set a lot?

Also, i was curious as to whether the DVDs play in a PS2. My own personal player is a ps2 and i mean we have more but id prefer to be able to use it on my own.

Thanks,
Mathew
Overall, Rahxephon has pretty good reviews. As for glitchy, what do you expect from HK dvds when they are packed with so many episodes a dvd? You can't expect them to have quality like the R1s. If you want 100% R1 quality, buy the R1 set.
Once in awhile, you'll get perfect R1 quality on HKs.

Why don't you get a standalone dvd player? It's under $50 for the cheap ones. Playstation 2 is mainly designed for games, even though it has the dvd function. There will be times when it won't play certain dvds at all.
I didnt have a problem with the set but you definetly need a dvd player besides your PS2 its a piece of crap when it comes to movies.
Don't worry about glitchy performance just make sure you have a good DVD player. A good DVD player can play just about anything and not give you a prob incase it was a bug that has been there since the player came out. I suggest a player around $50-75 cause they atleast last 2-3 years and have dependability then a PS2.
Ya i know.... Juss never got around to it right... I mean it played/plays everything up till now, but worse case i will end up buyin another one. But ur saying that the Rahxephon set itself is okay, juss need to upgrade players?
the set is perfect except the 3rd disc the menu is slow and it takes 30 sec for it to pop up. i tried getting a replacement and well the same problem exsisted. so thats all but the set and series is Fucking awesome !

it is a must buy for your anime collection.

-LE
Just on last question: Do these imports play on Region 1 DVD Players or do u need international dvd players?
These discs are coded all region or region 0. That means that they will work in any DVD player of any region so...yes.
The preview after the 1st eps on the 3rd disk there is a slight glitch. My players did only pick up the slightest of flickers on the FX disk. On the MI disk it was much more noticeable. Disk kept playing fine in my players but i heard some ppl had trouble continuing with the disk.
Whats an MI disc?
Quote:Originally posted by CrayonShinChan
The preview after the 1st eps on the 3rd disk there is a slight glitch. My players did only pick up the slightest of flickers on the FX disk. On the MI disk it was much more noticeable. Disk kept playing fine in my players but i heard some ppl had trouble continuing with the disk.

AV also released a rip of the FX set...and it seems to play much better than the MI version (wich has a lot of problems in the 3rd DVD)

The MI version is the worse of the 3 versions playabilty wise ...
Why is the PS2 so bad for DVDs? I mean mine used to give me a hard time then i made sony replace the lens and since then, with the updated lens, it played everything. Ive rented a lot of DVDs, own about 35 or so, and i havent had problems since. I mean if it doesnt work then i have 2 more in house, but i dont understand why people look down on them so much. And btw, i never bought the remote, sony gave me 1.30U drivers when they updated the lens, and i havent had any problems since.
Quote:Originally posted by Thinders
Why is the PS2 so bad for DVDs? I mean mine used to give me a hard time then i made sony replace the lens and since then, with the updated lens, it played everything. Ive rented a lot of DVDs, own about 35 or so, and i havent had problems since. I mean if it doesnt work then i have 2 more in house, but i dont understand why people look down on them so much. And btw, i never bought the remote, sony gave me 1.30U drivers when they updated the lens, and i havent had any problems since.

Because it's very picky when it comes the the type of disks that it reads and it's just not good for watching HK DVDs. I've never had a DRE with any CD or DVD games but it'll refuse to read my MAC Escaflowne set. Finally caved in and got a stand alone DVD player. Haven't had a problem since.
Quote:Originally posted by Sheky
Because it's very picky when it comes the the type of disks that it reads and it's just not good for watching HK DVDs. I've never had a DRE with any CD or DVD games but it'll refuse to read my MAC Escaflowne set. Finally caved in and got a stand alone DVD player. Haven't had a problem since.

He's right. I always used to argue with people who said the Ps2 had a bad dvd player when it was the only one I had. Had alot of arguments with the guy at the videorental shop when a movie didn't play right and I wouldn't admit it was the ps2. Well, it was.
I only had problems with regular movies 2 or 3 times but when I started buying hkdvds the problems would happen more often especialy at the point where it skips to the second layer and the screen would just hang there. When I finaly got a standalone, no more problems and it loads the discs faster than the ps2 (which is real slow) and the remote, how could I ever live without oneBig Grin

Also it is said the ps2 breaks down much faster if you use it as a dvd player although I think the new lens and software was sony's solution for that problem.

With a ps2 its always stress when you receive a hkdvd if it will work.
Quote:Why is the PS2 so bad for DVDs? I mean mine used to give me a hard time then i made sony replace the lens and since then, with the updated lens, it played everything.

It was so crap you had to get sony to replace the lens. Nuff said no?
Pages: 1 2