Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Rahxephon FX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To answer your question, in order to keep the cost of the PS2 at a competitive price, Sony had to use cheap parts for the system, particularly when it came to the DVD drive. Every part of that drive is shoddy in design and manufacturing, not just the lens. Playing even R1 DVDs in it is potentially shortening the life of your PS2 by at least a couple years. I know someone who destroyed his lens in less than 3 months by playing DVDs on it for a few hours every day. So unless you're a rich bastard, stick with a standalone player and save your PS2 the agony.
Ya i see what u guys are saying, I mean i have 2 more DVD players, fairly expensvie ones, it just u know the PS2 is in my room which is very convenient. And the thing about playing DVDs causes ur PS2 to break i think is incorrect. Been playing DVDs now for 3 years on it, and it just keeps on working. HKs not working makes sense though...

Also, the reason sony replaced my lens was to correct the crappy lens that was in it before. I was one of the morons who bought the PS2 upon release which meant i got stuck with all the problems. But sony corrected, them, all for free i might add.

Maybe a $50 DVD player wouldnt hurt.

O and on a side note, my old Lens skipped on layer change, but this one never does and i have plenty of Dual Layer DVD9 dvds.
eh hum

sorry to interupt this heating debate

but PS2 HK playability depends on what version of the console you have and what Driver it has

in general Driver v's 1.10, 1.13e and 2.13 and 3.10e

can play any HK you throw at it!

so it all depens on its Version!

NB standalones are better but the above is to clarify that just saying PS2 isnt enuff!
my friend only uses a ps2 and my HKs work fine.
PS. I?ve heard mixed reviews on Rahxephon does anyone suggest it?
rahxephon is excellent, kind of like eva but better. it has more character development, a better plot, and a ending that doesn't have to be explained in two movies, plus the animation is better. i would advise it for anyone who likes the religious/mecha animes.
i have not seen eva but is also sounds good.
Is there also a rahxephon movie?
Not that i have heard of. but i would like to see one done. IF you like rahxephon you will probably like Eva and vice versa
there's a Rahxephon movie but it's not released in the USA yet. There are only HKs around for the movie.

You may like Rahxephon but it doesn't mean that you would like EVA in return.
Pages: 1 2