Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Is going to college worth it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm about to graduate and I be doing something totally different that wht I studied in collede. I sometimes feel like I wasted my time but It was fun.
It is worth everything. You have not waisted your time at all. Think about all of the experiences that you had there. The memories that you made while you were there, will be carried with you for the rest of your life. There is nothing that can compare (aside from all of the anime in the world Wink ). And just think of it this way. If you hadn't had gone, what would you have done?
"Is gonig to College worth it?"
I tend to ask myself that quite bit. Seeing as how I only have 2 more years to pick what I'll try to do for the rest of my life. Sometimes it just sems easier to not go to college & get a dead end job, but I'm praying that won't happen.
That would suck if that happened. I can't imagine that happening to anyone. *imagines it* Well, maybe I can. College could be fun though, right?
I hear college is alot more fun than high school.. it's the first time in life where you get to be on your own. But, I still have a year to go before I go so I really don't know.. If that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense... to me at least. Heh. I can already imagine it. Freedom to go anywhere you want, sweet parties, and plenty of hangovers on the morning before a test. ^_____^. Good days..except for the hangover part.
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
I hear college is alot more fun than high school.. it's the first time in life where you get to be on your own. But, I still have a year to go before I go so I really don't know.. If that makes sense.

That would be nice, but for one such as I, it would be a nightmare.
I tend to havea mental break down when faced with choices.Sad
The best time i ever had was at College!

University blows! Studying sucks and so does lack of friends!

PS im from the UK so (Uni=College and College=High Skool)
College is definitely worth it.
Even if you end up not using your actual degree, the skill you learn in preparing reports and making presentations and doing research are all important building blocks in the work force.
Just by having that degree, you will have proven that you can complete something you start and be able to command a higher salary than someone who doesn't have a degree.

Oh yeah... all the parties and life experiences while at school are worth it too.

Very worth it.
College is totally worth it. If you dont have a good educattion, you usually cant get too far in the job market. As for figuring out what you want to do for a job the rest of your life, I say do something that you love. Such as anime for example. You could always get a job doing something a company in the anime buisness, there are plenty of them.
Agreed.
Give me school anytime...it's definitely more fun than work.
If you want to go far in life, get an education. If you are contented to work in a grocery store for life, just stop going to school after high school.
Don't envy others if they have a nice house, nice cars when they put in the extra years to complete their degrees.
Very well said. Why should someone envy another person when they should be smacking themselves in the faces for not doing something they should have done? It was their choice after all.
In my opinion yes. I just actually graduated from trade school/college. And in a way it was a rip off, but it was experience to help me when I now go back to a REAL college. Everything should be viewed as an experience to help you out along the road called life.
After spending a few hours of my life shoveling rotten maggot infested sh!t (not litteraly) out of some giant machine for 5.50 an hour I have been conviced that any schooling which will prevent me from doing work such as that full time is worth it.Cool
Pages: 1 2