Import Anime Forums

Full Version: To Otakus and Anime Fiends !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondering but do we still dress as a typical otaku which consists of highwater pants, mismatched shirts, and forgetting to wear deodarant or have we evolved ? I was just curious because I remember a lot and i mean a lot of people at the anime clubs i used to go to back in '98 used to dress that way and i haven't been back since.
Hells no!!
Now are the days of relaxed fit jeans, a T-shirt of your favorite Anime and a pair of sneakers. Deoderant is is still a personal preferance thing.

Now for females, pastels are in this spring...Rolleyes

~Ka-Talliya~
Otaku Fashion Critic :p
This is as close to an Anime Club I want to be. I might qualify for a nerd for posting all the time on the internet but I'm not going to a dork warehouse twice a week to discuss my nerddom. Damn.Cool
I wear strictly brand-name clothes (mostly from Anchor Blue) and the loose baggy jeans, and I believe I still qualify for the label as Otaku.
i follow no strict dress code, i wear what i like but i sure as hell dont dress as a nerd, well not intentionally Big Grin
This thread pains me.
stereotyping anime fans is cool.
ive never worn an anime t-shirt.
should i be unhappy about this?
i like anime alot.

-Vile
As far as I know, we are all fans of Anime. Can we stereo-type ourselves?
I was simply stating an observation: most of people I know, husband and brother included, who love anime, dress in that fashion.
Do I dress that way? No...I perfer "short skirts and lo-o-o-ong jackets". Wink
I pick my clothes out of my closet kinda at random, but normally end up only wearing 3 different sets of clothing a week, seeing as how I where my more liked (bigger) shorts & shirts at the begining of the week, so by Wednesday I have to sets of clothes ready to go again. I guess I can't call them sets because they're picked at random, but I will anyways.

As for deoterant, well no offence to those of you out there that don't wear it, I have a friend that doesn't, but I myself think it's just a bit weird to not wear it.

And another thing, how come almost all anime shirts stop at size X Large??? I hate X-Large, it's like the size shirt I'm supposed to wear, but I try not to wear anything under 3X. I mean come on, not all anime fans are little dorks (not calling you skinny people dorks, just making a generalization of how I feel some company must see it, wheather or not they do). Heck, all the "otakus" I hang out with around here are over weight.

Ok, that will have sounded stupid if anyone knows a good source of larger shirts, but seriously around here, I've never seen anything over X-Large, & that was at the neiboring mall.

Next we need to talk about hair Cool
See, I have the same complaint about those T-shirts. Come on, us little dorks would like something in our size. I think the Chobits box set should have come with a babydoll t-shirt with Chi on it.
I would have worn it.Big Grin
Real hentais go naked.
I want to see someone wear a shirt with a hentai animation image.
I personally, Since I'm a power lifter, hence the buffgod title, ahhhhh I wear onlt tights and tanktops, and athletic cloths that show off my huge muscles. hihihih Um you ever stop to think for a moment that my title is something that I'm not but something that I want to be????? Anyway In my case I wear lots of t shirt and jeans. and that the truth
Quote:Originally posted by Batz Kage
And another thing, how come almost all anime shirts stop at size X Large??? I hate X-Large, it's like the size shirt I'm supposed to wear, but I try not to wear anything under 3X.

if youre supposed to wear XL, why would you want bigger? bigger doesn't mean cooler, it means "more mtv ghetto", or are you trying to hide your gut with a giant shirt? trust me, i used to do that, it only makes it worse, because people can tell anyway, plus you look like a moron for wearing a shirt that is much too large.
i'a a major anime fan but also listen to metal so mostly i wear combat pants and shirts from my favourite bands.anyhow i don't think it matters what anybody wears as long as they are nice to get along with
Pages: 1 2