Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Fav HK Brand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is everyone's favorite/most satisfied with brand?

Just want to know what everyone thinks is the best.

-Vile
Looks like you listed the same companies twice. Anime Cartoon is MI. Anime Studio makes AC/MAC. Therefore, we got 4 companies to choose from.

My favorite would be Anime Studio/MAC. FX has been having too many compatibility problems lately. AV doesn't have too many titles. MI makes terrible gatefold cases. Their cases fall apart so easily and that obnoxious secure lock thingie!!!!!! Mac's cases hold up quite nicely and it is very compact, saving lots of shelf space. And they got lots of titles to choose from.
well from my experence i've had no problems with fx they are great course i have 6 dvd players to choose from Big Grin anyways with the fx titles i've gotten i've had no problems i guess i'm just lucky then
I personaly try to get series with english dubs on them so I don't care for subtitle quality. Therefore MAC is my favorite because of their huge selection of R1 rips. However there smaller sized gatefolds suck because they don't line up with normal dvd's on a shelf. And generaly I like Fx coverart better (still drooling over Hellsing Fx).
I know ill probably get yelled at for this but i still think fx is the best hk company overall. They have had some problems lately, but truth be told i have had only one of their dvds not work on my sytem, and it was a rip of something from MI.
FX consistenly does great R1 rips, though they dont do very many sub only titles anymore, thats ok. Nearly all the hk i own are perfect collections, even if i dont like the dub. I want the perfect subs.
They also have the best gatefolds. Nice sturdy gatefolds with good art and good slip covers.
MAC is also a good compnay with well done R1 rips and more sub only sets to choose from, but their shipping times are atrocious. Their gatefolds though nicely illistrated are of inferior quality ot the FX ones.
MI is ok but i hate their gatefolds. The little mechanism that holds the dvd in place can break way too fast and the cases themselves are poorly constructed. I bought MI Excel Saga and the dvd case was useless after i took each dvd out to inspect them. They would never go back in and none of the solutions i had been told worked. I try to avoid MI wen possible.
My vote goes to Animation Video, good sub quality, most of my collection
consist of it. I wish that they make more hentai cause MI subs are average.
I voted for Fx. I've never had problems with dodgy discs and their quality is awesome. I am not biased though so I do appreciate the others aswell.
My biggest gripe with FX is that they only rip R1. They should also do some non R1 original work that we would otherwise won't be able to see like all other studios. There are plenty of fansubs to borrow from. In that regard, they are just a copycat.
FX are great cause R1 rips are the only way to get decent subs outta HK dvds, most fan subs are miles better than HK subs. although recently ive been losing my faith in them due to the dodgy disc fisco
I have not bought enough anime to have a fav. but from what I have MAC and MI had the best quailty.
MAC are my current favorites, because they really offer value for money. And at $4.5 a disc I don't give a damn if there are on ore two not-so-good titles among my order.
$4.5??? wheres that at then??? i might have to sell JJ out!!!
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
$4.5??? wheres that at then??? i might have to sell JJ out!!!

That's the wholesale price from MAC WITHOUT THE CASES. You have to buy whole lot of them with tons of back up list. Why do you you think JJ don't always get what you requested? Because they don't always ship what you order. Also you have to deal with their mighty engrish customer service. I already checked before and it's not worth the headache. And if you place small order, I am certain it WILL cost more than $7.00/disc. It's easier to let JJ deal with all that headache dealing with MAC.
i concur with the above poster- i had a real bad time with them once too... after 3 orders, the 4th one went sour... then i went buck wild and cussed out their momma... then it got really ugly... but peter from malaysia's cool... Big Grin
ah shattered! ill take your word for it (both of you), id rather get what i want in those nice little boxes they make, hehehehe Big Grin
Pages: 1 2