Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Kill Bill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
K, say this film a couple of days ago and fu**ing loved it ive seen it bout 7 times already adn cant fault it. It my fav film along with gone in 60 seconds. But i wanted to know who if the creator of the short anime sketch. Cos that waws jsut cool.

and if anyone knows any other animes he/she has created, i would be pleased to hear of them.

thanks

EXCELLENT FILM

26 days to go
Didn't see Kill Bill, but...

I know the anime sequences where a collaboration between Quentin Tarantino and Production I.G. The two anime directors were Kazuto Nakazawa (El Hazard, Samurai Champloo) and Toshihiko Nishikubo (Ghost in the Shell).
Kill Bill is an excellent movie. I can't wait til' April 13 so I can buy the DVD, then April 16 so I can see the second half. April looks like it is going to be a very good month.Wink
hay, thanks for all the info. Ill look out for thoses titles.

Ghost in the Shell rocks.

kill bill isnt out till 19th here, that sucks and i dought ill be able to go to the cinemas to watch the new one as ill only be 16 by the 17th.

Cheers
Your welcome. Quentin Tarantino wanted Production I.G. because he admires their work on Ghost in the Shell and Blood: the Last Vampire (forgot to mention that).

What's said about all this talk is that I've seen none of the anime's that I just talked about (let alone Kill Bill).
i didnt see it either. i get to see it next week though.
also april is going to be a great month cause my birthday is in it and also the launch of my company as well.

yehaw

-LE
I'm waiting until I can watch the whole movie in one sitting.
I'm kind of ticked off to have a movie cut in half and wait half a year to see the second half of it.
Given the price of movies at the theatres these days (along with paying for a baby sitter) I'll probably wait until I can see the whole thing on DVD.

I'm a patient man. I do want to see Kill Bill but I can wait.
I'm glad they split it in 2 parts

I can't stand watching movies more than 2hr30min long. It drives me crazy just sitting in one place for that long, at least at home I can pause the movie and take a little break when I want to. Same with anime, I usually don't watch more than 4-5 episodes in one sitting.

Movie theaters should have intermissions at the halfway point of long movies.

Kill Bill was cool, love Uma Thurman in that yellow outfit. The animation part of the movie was fucked up though, I think I would go crazy if a full length animated movie was like that the whole time.
I'm one of the few people that thinks the film sucks giant donkey dick. I was a tarantino fan walking in to see it, and came out wanting to trow away my collection. I honest to god wish I'd just never seen the film it was so bad. And it has tainted my enjoyment of his other films too.
IMO, your enjoyment of a movie should only be dependant on the movie itself and not by any other factors.

If you didn't like Kill Bill thats fine but too say because of Kill Bill it has tainted your enjoyment of previous Tarantino movies anymore is a bit harsh.

BTW, instead of throwing away your collection why don't you give it too me. I'd give them a happy and loving home.
Quote:Originally posted by matthewmalay

If you didn't like Kill Bill thats fine but too say because of Kill Bill it has tainted your enjoyment of previous Tarantino movies anymore is a bit harsh.

Agreed. I thought Kill Bill was just above average at best, but it hasn't diminished my love of Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.
What, exactly did you not like about Kill Bill napalm68? I think I need to know more than just "the fillm sucks giant donkey dick".
Eh, it was alright.

Watching the movies it statedly ripped off is kinda nice too, but, for reaching the audience that it did, the movie is successful. Now even complete idiots will be able to enjoy a taste of foreign cinema in disguise.
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama
What, exactly did you not like about Kill Bill napalm68? I think I need to know more than just "the fillm sucks giant donkey dick".

Too many things ticked me off.
- Primary one was Tarantino abused "his" mixed chronology technique for no reason other than trying to fit in his trademark, and he did it by the most lame method available - having ugly foot thurman on the plan crossing names off the list. I usually leave logic at the door watching movies, but this film was such an insult it pissed me off. If you look at the film in event order, she got shot, woke from the coma, killed two people in the hospital, crawled to the garage, and 12 hours later drove from the hospital in a one of a kind macho pickup with custom paint called the "Pussy Wagon". Then she went to okinawa for a month, then to japan and killed a lot of people, then back to LA to kill the Veronica character, still driving this custom vehicle. Right, so she kills two people in a hospital and steals the vehicle of one of her victims, stores the car away for a month, then comes back and continues to drive the vehicle of someone she murdered? So the police would be looking for: a) Her, having disappeared from the hospital; b) The Pussy Wagon as it was stolen from one of the victims; c) the murderer of the two hospital people - and she comes back and continues to drive it? It would have made more sense in the order it actually played - got out of hospital, killed the woman in LA, dumped the car, then went to okinawa, then japan. But, NOOOO, that was the order it was shown, and he wanted to have the big fight at the climax, so he contrived to make the veronica murder happen second just so he could "pretend" he was showing stuff out of order. Cockhead.
- Like Tarantino learned everything he knew about japanese "culture" by watching film like the karate kid. That whole okinawa sword deal was just embarassing
- Oh Ren Ishy-E as a japanese name? See my point above. Pronunciation was shit. Name was shit.
- Tarantinos foot fetish. I could just ignore his fetish in Pulp Fiction, and Dusk Till Dawn (well, Salma Hayek in her dance is a different ball park), but my god, my stomach still roils at the thought of uma thurmans disgustingly deformed feet blown up to 60 ft across. I;d be probably less traumatized seeing George Bush's asshole blown up to that size. OK quentin, you have a foot fetish, but I don't. And I especially have no interest in the ugly deformed feet of some has been actress you have a fucking hard on for.
Lot of other stuff, but late here and I'm going to sleep soon.

Friends said it was so great, saying not to take it too seriously, and it was a homage to chop socky films. I then asked them how many of those films they had in their collections. They said none. Neither do I. I don't particularly care for homages to films I care nothing for. By their logic, if someone made a homage to 1980 Christian cinema it could be great even though they care nothing for the genre.

I've never been wanting to walk out of a film so much in my life. If I wasn't with my wife, who didn't actually mind the film I would have walked.
Quote:Originally posted by matthewmalay
IMO, your enjoyment of a movie should only be dependant on the movie itself and not by any other factors.

BTW, instead of throwing away your collection why don't you give it too me. I'd give them a happy and loving home.

The tainting of my enjoyment of his other films get down to him totally rubbing his foot fetish in my face in KB. I could let it ride in Pulp and Dusk (I know Rodrieguez _directed_ Dusk), but now whenever I see the foot scenes in these films I'll just think of quentin jerking off over those hideous feet of thurmans.
Pages: 1 2