Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Kill Bill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Originally posted by napalm68
but my god, my stomach still roils at the thought of uma thurmans disgustingly deformed feet blown up to 60 ft across. I;d be probably less traumatized seeing George Bush's asshole blown up to that size.

I know which one of those would give me nightmares.
Well to get away from Bush's Butthole I'll say this much....

I really liked Kill Bill. As a movie it was a 10 in my book. BUT...as a Tarantino film I would give it a 9. Pulp Fiction is still his best movie (a ten) but Kill Bill was missing the character development from Pulp. If Quinton wanted to get away from the style he used in Pulp and Dogs to make a more"flashy film" with the raw power of his previous movies I think he pulled it off VERY well. KB is a fantastic movie and I plan on watching it a million times like I have with Berserk, Pulp, Dogs, and a few others.Smile
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
...but Kill Bill was missing the character development from Pulp.

I'd say the writing input of Roger Avary was sorely missed.
Yes, I'd definitely agree Avary's input was missed. All you had left was a multimillion dollar personal wankfest vehicle made for a has-been actress with no martial arts skill that tarantino has wood for. The fighting in the movie of thurmans was plain embarassing, she just flopped around like a retarded monkey and people with actual skill just dropped. Looked very credible. You want to see a damn good chick battle, check out the last episode of season 2 of Alias.
i wasnt big on kill bill although i did enjoy it, the main problem with it, in my opinion, was when anyone opened their mouths i wanted to fall asleep, i cant believe how boring the dialogue in it was but i found this shocking as in tarantino's eariler movies (a lá pulp fiction and reservoir dogs) whenever someone is ranting, usually utter shite, i found it to be invigorating and incredibly interesting. i also agree with many of napalm68's points but to a lesser extent.

now im just angery that i HAVE TO go seen kill bill 2, cause i wont be able to sleep at night unless i know what happens next!!!
You guys should probably know that Quentin's next movie is a movie called Inglorious Bastards. From what I've heard, it's a WWII anime. It's being done by Production I.G. or whatever the name is. And if it looks like the anime scene in Kill Bill, I'm going to have an orgasm.
Final rant from me:

Thurman can't act.

Animation sucked.

It was just a really long wankfest, but still entertaining.
Production I.G. is the studio behind the development of the Ghost in the Shell movies and TV series, so don't go knocking it so easily. If it looked bad, it's only cause Tarantino's got lousy taste.
Yeah, don't knock IG. Smile I thought the anime was ok actually - heavily stylized, reminiscent of Frank Miller artwork. It didn't at all seem Japanese though.
I'm not saying that it wasn't "good," but I thought it detracted as a whole, because of the heavy style. Frank Miller rules.
Some interesting news to those who liked Kill Bill:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&id=1808507950&cf=prev

To summerize the interesting parts:

"...Quentin Tarantino has plans for two more movies besides the two 'Kill Bill' volumes. The first would be an anime prequel (much like the origin of O-Ren sequence in this movie), and the second, which wouldn't be filmed for quite some time yet, would be a sequel featuring the children of some of the characters in these first two films."
i got it on dvd tonight !
cant wait to see it !

looks good !

-LE
How did you get it so early?
Its already available on HK rip (mine is in the mail). Check sites like http://www.dvd94u.com or http://www.dtsd9.com and there are many others. I don't know where they get their source material from but they always seem to sell perfect copies of the R1 dvd's before they are available in the US. They've had kill bill for about 2 weeks and the new matrix movie they already had about a month ago together with LotR 3.
Yeah I had already known it was available on HK and to download, but I thought Last Exile got a copy of the official R1.Wink
Pages: 1 2