Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Best mechas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.

Any opinions about which shows/movies that have been released as HK DVDs have the best mechas/mecha fights?. Having a good story would also help Tongue

I've only seen Macross stuff so far, and older animes such as Voltron and Mazinger...
i have to recommend gundam wing as one of the best animes ive seen to date. most other gundam stuff rocks too. if you lookin for something real serious the patlabor movies are great but dont have much action, they are mostly drivin a lá political story lines and such stuff.
If you liked Mazinger Z, you'll LOVE Mazinkaiser. it's a seven episode remake/continuation of it. The action is some of the best eye-candy I've ever seen! I've had multiple eye-gasms watching this show the action is so great!

I also recommend Gundam Wing, along with 08th MS Team.

Also:
-Evangelion
-Escaflowne

There's more in R1 but this is an import forum.
I loved Giant Robo even though the robot part is actually fairly small in the grand scheme of things with that series. It's still worth seeing.

I keep hearing great things about the Big O and I've seen some of the footage of the robot fights which stand out as incredible.

Gundam seems to be one of the most popular mecha series but I've never been able to get into it. I hear that I've just seen the wrong movies (haven't seen any of the TV series yet).
gasaraki
Guymelefs are COOL!!!

So yeah Escaflowne coz its not Space Sci Fi
(its different-medieval)
series that has good mecha action:

evangelion
gundam 0083
char's counter attack
macross zero
-Escaflowne
-Argento Soma
-RahXephon
-FLCL
-Nadescio

those are a few i have seen and think are well worth the watching !

-LE
Getter Robo. Not much of a story whatsoever but it has some seriously awesome Mech fights. Really entertaining show.
heres a more comprehsive list

Escaflowne
Evangelion
Rahxephon
Argento Soma
Gundam Wing (though most of the gundam series are cool,but wings the only one ive seen fully)
Macross Plus
Nadesico
Tekkaman (kind of mecha i assume)
Generator Gawl
Seems I've got a lot of homework left to do Big Grin

I've been reading reviews, and I guess the shows that seem more interesting to me are:

- Escaflowne
- Gasaraki
- Macross Zero
- Big-O

But that will have to wait till the next shippment. I'm already waiting for the Gundam 08th MS Team series.
Oh heres a question whats the best "Eva esque" anime note i didn't use EvaClone

is it
RahXephon
Blue Gender
Argento Soma
Gasaraki

answers on a post card please -_^
Big O is really bad
Actually Blue Gender is much more of a clone of Tekkaman Blade. And Tekkaman Blade is FREAKIN SWEET!
Godannar kicks (*&#$! ass. Not to mention there are nice fanservice in that show. Wink However, I don't think there are good HK DVDs out yet as the series just finished the first season. But there are fansubs on bittorrent.
Pages: 1 2