Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Error on X Perfect Collection(FX)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does any one has the same problem as me? The last dvd of X perfect collection froze on ep 21. None of my 4 dvd players, including the Apex player which is supposed to be able to play all FX 'buggy' dvds, are able to play it. Even when I try to select the scenes, I couldn't get pass 21 too. The screen just freezes when I chose 21, 22 , 23, 24 respectively. Can't forward to the next scene at all. :mad: At least on Apex, I could watch till 20. The other 3 dvd players got "error data" or sth like that in the earlier part of the series and refused to play further.
Man! I want to watch the ending of the series! Sad
Does anyone know what I should do? Any suggestions? :confused: I thought FX changed the factory and fixed the bug already? Or is it just my player?
I got this the earlier this week (from IA), but have not watched it yet.

However, on reading of you problem I performed some tests on the last disc using my 'worst' DVD player - a Microsoft Xbox.

Obviously, I didn't want to watch the last episodes of the series so I tried fast-forwarding through episodes as well as chapter skips. Everything seemed fine - I could skip through the chapter breaks in Ep 21 and I could select Eps 22-24 via the Scene Select menu.

On a FX-related note, my copy of Onegai Teacher Perfect has problems on one of my DVD players - a Toshiba SD2100. It either loads up with a mass of blocks on screen; root menus take as many as six times to 'play'; and sometimes the disc doesn't load at all. However, the disc works fine on my Pioneer 636, Toshiba DVD-ROM and Xbox.

It seems to be a hit and miss affair with the recent FX releases.
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin

Man! I want to watch the ending of the series! Sad
Does anyone know what I should do? Any suggestions? :confused: I thought FX changed the factory and fixed the bug already? Or is it just my player?

Have you tried playing this on a computer DVD player? That will usually play most anything that won't read on a regular DVD player, but if your Apex player won't access it, then I'm guessing the disk itself is defective, especially if it won't read on a computer DVD drive.
Thanks Amethyst. All the dvd players at home plays R1s perfectly fine. No problem with those at all. However, when all these dvd players tried to load up that X #3 DVD, they all made weird noises as though it is a chore to load it up. However, i got the error msg on those dvd players, apart from Apex, which could load up till ep 20 and no further.
I just got a new dvd player which was supposed to be similar to Apex. Will try it later and post back about the efficiency. If it doesn't play on this, then I guess I'll have to send the dvd back for replacement. Sad
Oh, i tried on my DVD-Rom. Kept getting the msg "there is no dvd in the drive" or sth like that Big Grin It did load up once (tried 4xs), but the screen just froze and went dead on me.
Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero

It seems to be a hit and miss affair with the recent FX releases.
Big Grin Yeah I guess that's the case coz 95% of my FX dvds played fine, only the 5%, I have to switched around on the DVD players in the other rooms and downstairs. HEhehe troublesome. I really dislike moving around midway in a show.
In the very beginning, I didn't have problems with FX before, but ever since the time when Berserk (FX) was released, I started having little problems when it comes to playing them.
I guess I'm very lucky, considering that "It seems to be a hit and miss affair with the recent FX releases.", I could even be "HIT"! Big Grin
ok! I tested on the new dvd player....it made "wrooo wrooo wrroooooo" sounds trying to load the dvd up. Finally it did, BUT! from ep 21 to 24, it pixels like mad. You see squares all of the screen during talking scenes and actual scenes. From ep 21 to 24, I hardly got even a 5 secs of decent scene. Can't hear what they are talking, subtitles didn't come up. Big Grin :mad: Even if the subtitles came up, I couldn't see it all because of the freezing and pixelations! Imagine the frustrations i had coz I'm watching it on my 65 inch tv. Almost wanted to throw my water bottle or anything at the screen. ENLARGED the frustrations and problems!!!
That's it! Gonna send it back to JJ for replacement!
Thanks Amethyst. All the dvd players at home plays R1s perfectly fine. No problem with those at all.

That's because they're supposed to play R1's :p

apart from Apex, which could load up till ep 20 and no further.

Good indication it's a problem with the disk itself.... :p

I just got a new dvd player which was supposed to be similar to Apex. Will try it later and post back about the efficiency. If it doesn't play on this, then I guess I'll have to send the dvd back for replacement. Sad
Oh, i tried on my DVD-Rom. Kept getting the msg "there is no dvd in the drive" or sth like that Big Grin It did load up once (tried 4xs), but the screen just froze and went dead on me.

Yep, sounds like you need a new disk... I had one like that, the 2nd disk on my Devilman Lady wouldn't play the last 4 episodes on my Panasonic, it wouldn't even let me access the last episode from the menu even though it showed it on the menu. But it played on my Apex and a computer DVD drive, and this was the replacement disk... did the very same thing as the first one did... my guess is something wasn't quite right with the 2nd layer... the other two disks in the set worked fine...
My X (FX) set disk3's ep >21 can be played fine. Got it from JJ. So, looks like it's a random misfortune for you to get the defective set. Hope you get your replacement soon.
Quote:Originally posted by neoEIN
My X (FX) set disk3's ep >21 can be played fine. Got it from JJ. So, looks like it's a random misfortune for you to get the defective set. Hope you get your replacement soon.

Hehehhe..enjoying good luck for the new year. :p I'm going to send it back to JJ tomorrow, I am only hoping that the replacement dvd is gonna be alright. Asked JJ to test it too just to make sure that all my dvd players ain't going crazy on me all at the same time. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by neoEIN

Same here. Even plays on my old ass PS2.
Inuyasha disc 3 set 2 doesn't work for me during the end, and the most exciting part tooSad.
This is getting to much. I don't think there has ever been a dvd company (HK or not) that's ever had so many problems. This started with the GTO set right? Now I think I heard this was caused because he switched pressing plants and after the many complaints he switched again and it's still worse than ever. I think I read on arcticnightfall that some sellers have errors with 8 of ten sets in a batch. Maybe JJ can go back to selling just MAC in a while because nobody will trust Fx anymore(never thought that day would come). Flora's rep. of being the best HK producer is going straight down the drain.
Quote:Originally posted by elcoholic
Maybe JJ can go back to selling just MAC in a while because nobody will trust Fx anymore

um, i vote no on this Smile if you don't like FX don't buy them. personally i've never had a set that wouldn't play on my panasonic dvd-f61 (and that includes the masamune shirow collection which i've heard had problems) so i will continue to buy them, as i'm sure others will.
l doubt JJ wil stop selling FX since its bound to make him loads of money easily every week. l wish we could see more MAC titles like before but do they sell less well?, and hence the influx of FX titles restock every week.
Quote:Originally posted by yakumo
l doubt JJ wil stop selling FX since its bound to make him loads of money easily every week. l wish we could see more MAC titles like before but do they sell less well?, and hence the influx of FX titles restock every week.

Actually, FX is supposedly to have to best picture and subtitle quality among all the HK companies. I'd always trusted FX till my Berserk set. That's when the problems started. Ever since then, I have been really cautious abt buying FX. However, from IA, i read somewhere in the forum that FX had fixed the problems by going to another factory for the dvds, hence I started buying again. I didn't expect myself to be the "lucky" one to get the defective X dvd. I bought like almost 10 sets in Dec. So far, I received only 1 shipment. Then 2nd shipment is not here yet. I've only been able to test out X. Havn't tested Inuyasha and the rest yet! Hopefully X is the only one with problems. :mad: So troublesome that I have to send defective dvds to and fro for replacements. ARGGGGGGG.....:mad:
Pages: 1 2 3