Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anime Spending
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ive got a few dvds to watch :S, damn JJ and his good s/h + prices Tongue.
i got to watch:
season 3 of slayers
x tv
noir
now and then, here and there
key metal idol
tokyo babylon
FLCL
rurouni kenshin ovas
dual parralel
el hazard perfect collection(7 disc thing)
shamanic princess

and i just ordered

argento soma, boogiepop phantom and Kai Doh Maru( would bought it on R2 but its £15 for 45min :S)

good thing nothing takes my fancy at the moment hehe.
Quote:Originally posted by puzzleguy
i can understand why some folks buy so much stuff they cant watch- in a few of the forums, some folks get a little compulsive with this stuff, and havent watched some of the stuff theyve bought even after months of owning them- I really think alot of you folks are just collectors who like having this stuff , and you know you couldnrt possibly watch everything you own- maybe see the set once , but it may never be watched again. I have slightly over a hundred animes ( which is nothing compared to about 95 percent of you ) and there are few ive only seen once - but what the hell- its fun .Big Grin

I have more than 200 R1s half a year ago and probably slightly more than 300 by now. I believe I'm one of those folks who get compulsive as you mentioned above. Well, I'm proud to say that I've watched 99% of my R1s except for those and HK sets bought in the last month. Big Grin
I always watch my R1s before my HK sets, I only watch HK sets first if I'm considering buying R1s for those. By now, I've watched Vampire Princess 4 times, Fushigi Yuugi 2 times, Tenchi Muyo Universe and Ultimate Ed 3 times each, Rurouni Kenshin 3 times, Princess Nine 2 times etc. Wink
There are actually some animes that are worth watching over and over again. :p
Like you've said, ehhehehe what da....It's REALLY FUN! It keeps me occupied and REALLY occupied during free time and SCHOOL TIME! Big Grin
Puzzleguy,

I dunno, sometimes it's weird man, I just binge like a couple days and watch an entire anime over the weekend. This usually doesn't happen, but if i'm feeling like a hermit I can get a 26 ep anime done like in 3 days.
I've been ingnoring this thread for some time, but now I'll confess Wink

Actually, I don't spend that much money. As $7 per disc is still too expensive for me (sorry JJ), I team up with some friends and people at my japanese course once or twice a year to do a 100+ disc bulk order from HK. So I can get a disc for as low as $4.5 (incl. shipping). On average I bought around 100 discs per year, so that's around $550 (if you include import taxes).

I also buy bulk DVD-Rs. You can get these for under $1 per disc and I copy R1s, European R2s and even HKs to DVD-R.

So add another $200 and all sums up to $750 per year. But that's only anime. I also get a lot of mangas, and although they are reasonably priced here in Germany (?5 - ?8 per volume) that's another $60 per month.

All in all it's a around $120 per month.
I've watched about 99% of the stuff I own as well. There's a few things that I'm backlogged on, but not much. But I know what you mean about some people being collectors. I'm partially like that. If I have my choice between a normal R1 or a colletcors version, I usually choose the collectors version. I'd rather have the nicer version. Big Grin

There are some series that I have watched numerous times and some that have been leant out to friends to watch. So some of them do get multiple viewings. Also, sometimes it's cheaper to buy HK's than it is to go and rent stuff. Sometimes when I really like a series, I know it will be a while before it will be available at my local anime store, so I will just buy it so that I can watch it right away. So there's different reasons why people buy anime.
well dec. i bought just over $100.00 and this mounth i have been waiting and trying to request anime but now i have given up and am just going to get what is availble to me now so little patience when it comes to anime hehehe i need now:mad: Big Grin Smile
I haven't bought any anime in a long time because I'm pretty picky about subs and video. Now that there's a good selection of excellent sets, I've gone on a bit of a splurge. I spent $100 already and look to spend $100 more, at least. After that, though, nothing on the horizon. I don't even want to think how much this would've cost had I bought the licensed versions.
I don't really spend a monthly amount, I just buy the ones I want when I get the $$$. Sad
I tend to get HK DVDs of series that I may not be able to get otherwise here in Canada. For me, buying an HK set is about the same cost as renting the equivalent amount of anime from my local video store (which has just raised prices AGAIN so it now costs almost $7 for a new release... but that's another topic entirely).

I don't buy as much now as I did when I first found this site. I did go a bit overboard and spent hundreds of dollars in a very short time to build up my collection with all sorts of goodies. I have watched almost every set in my collection (for some reason I can't get into Boys Be which is the only exception).

There are a number of series that I've watched multiple times: Berserk, Initial D, Captain Tylor, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, FLCL, and others.

For the series that I buy but end up not liking, I trade them in at my local EB towards video games (they are pretty cool at the local store). This helps keep my anime from taking over my storage area.
I have spent a grand total of $49 on anime my whole life!!
I spent it on Interstella: 5555 and Witch Hunter Robin.
I married Baka Admin Extraordinaire, Schultz, which saved my wallet from complusive Anime spending. Big Grin
Can you guys adopt me?

Anyway, I haven't spent any money this month towards anime or manga. This is the first in awhile. I've been too busy to watch the pile that I have stacked over the winter break and school is taking away much of my anime watching/manga reading time. So I guess next month I'll have to spend extra for this missed month (or maybe I'll *gasp* save it). I've been cutting down on spending though. I've gotten most of the stuff I really want and I'm starting on the stuff I sorta want or already watched a few times.
Sorry Terrex, we have our hands full with our one year old, Evelyn.
Pages: 1 2 3 4