Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anime Spending
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The way I figure it is that $400 can get you about 400 episodes, since most 26 episode series take up 3 discs so you get charged anywhere from $21 to $30 for them. So you're paying about $1 per episode. Most episodes are 25 minutes long. So he's getting about 166-167 hours worth of stuff each month. He'd have to do about 5.5 hours of anime watching each day to watch everything he buys. So to summarize, unless he has absolutely no life, he's not watching everything he's buying.

Batz, according to my calculations, it would be about 42 straight days to watch everything he's purchased over the last 6 months.
Yeah, I just relized, as usual: I always figure episodes at 30 minutes, just a stupid habbit (I guess you could call it that) I picked up from watching tv.

And

by your calculations:

that means that he would have what? 3312 extra hours to space in there somewhere? Which minus 4 hours a day for food & bathroom, then an extra hour on Fridays for a once a week bath, means: 24 hours during the week 5 on Fridays, take that & times them buy 26 (estimated weeks during the 6 month period)= 130+3120=3250/=135.5 hours that he would spend not watching anime during the past 6 months if he were to watch stright.

Ok I messed up somewheres back there, Vicious, care to help me out here buddy? I'm trying to find out how much free time a person would have to space out watching if they were to try & watch all their stuff stright through, whihc is contridictiory to my goal, but hopefully you get the point.
heh, u guys are forgetting 1 thing, its all about the getting and the having, not about the watching Tongue i have crap load of movies, games (GC PS2 XBOX) and they never seen the inside of my consoles, its about the having it look good on the shelf, bragging rights, etc etc etc ^_~

heck, open your own small rental thing where u rent HK dvds heh
Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe
heck, open your own small rental thing where u rent HK dvds heh

I couldn't do that, if buy rent you mean they give you cash to barrow junk. The only people I know that watch anime are my friends, & I can't ask for money for them to watch my stuff. And as for loaning out, I never do that till I've watched the stuff because my friends knowing the stuff is HKs (heck or even not knowing) would fu*k up the discs & then say that's the way it was when they got it. I've had one friend blame another for my disc being messed up, when the day after getting it back from the first friend I watched the first half of the movie, but when I got it back from the second the back was scratched up, & the video was all jumpy & skipped alot.

Anywho as for buying Anime. I myself don't really buy monthly, I buy either yearly or about every 4-6 months, where as about 4-6 months ago I spent 90 something, I've spent nothing till now, at which point I'm buying between 140 something & 180 something all depends on if I use my extra cash for anime or video games.
I don't care enough to make all those calculations like Batz is. I was just trying to see exactly how many hours of stuff he has.

JJ reminds me of that guy in Otaku No video whose room is full of videotapes. When they ask him if he's seen them all, he's like 'No, but I have them.'

I would never rent my stuff out. I'm too anal to let strangers touch my stuff and mess it up.
yea I gotta say that I dont like lending stuff out, loose alot of stuff that way, sometimes forget it lend it to someone and the other party would not remind you that they have it... one time i remembered and the person i lent it to was BSing that they gave the dvd back...
I've never really had the problem with forgetting who has what, which then again, the one kid who has my Trigun 6 disc set, & FF9 game comes up to once a week, or once every 2 weeks & reminds me that he has them. I told him he didn't have to, but he just said something about it making him feeling better with me remembering.
i was just about to something but junkijoe beat me to it. I don't watch half the stuff i already have.
That's another problem I've never had, may it be because I have little anime, but only once did I ever leave a title just laying around.
Now, let it be said that I have a problem with finishing things. I've played probably over 1,000 RPGS & have only beat one. This applies to some anime too. I watched the first half of Generator Gawl, then got to the last disc of Ke3nshin stopped, & didn't finish it till about a month later, well because I hate to see great shows end.

The only thing I have "laying" around is a bunch of scanulations of my computer. But, still I don't read a lot of them because I hate cliffhangers, & the whole just waiting for the next chapter anyway at all.
Quote:Originally posted by ouijaouija
that is a lot of money to spend.

I have spent a lot this christmas by selling my stuff.

I say you should cut down! You ould buy a laptop or something

I'm seriously trying to cut down. Just that I get into a buying streak when it comes to animes. Once I buy one, I itch like crazy to get the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc......
Sometimes I don't really like HK sets because they are difficult to sell. That's why most of the time, I get HK sets first to test waters before getting the R1s.
Laptop? Man...I have 2 at home and I dun even use them. But, they are free coz my roommate's company is always giving them new laptops when he asks and doesn't take the old ones back. They'll take it back if he quits, i guess.
About watching all those animes I buy, heheheeheh....i sure do take my time. My Fushigi Yuugi sets, I watched it only after 2 mths when I first got them. I just buy and buy....bad habit i guess. Big Grin Actually, some of the animes I bought, I've already watched them before. I just buy them coz I want to keep them(R1s).
I really want to cut down coz I'm d/l a lot to watch too, such as R.O.D TV series(going to get that when the R1s come out! :p ), peace maker, kousetsu, avenger, haregan...etc. No time to watch, for the moment, those I just bought.
Heheheh during vacation, apart from work, ehehe...as usual, like the others mention above, I have no life. I can watch animes for 6-10 hours a day, especially now I just bought a 65 inch tv. Hahahahhaha..crap....
going to be broke for the next few years trying to pay all my 'debts' off.
Max: $200 a mth for me to spend on animes from now on. :mad:
65? does such a beast of a tv exist? holy balony...

Woah, cut down on the dvds and spending! where dya get your money from?
Drugs. That's how everyone makes their money.

My spending varies, though my collection of R1s is worth about $4000. Not really sure, I guess about $150-$400. Usually it's towards the $150. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by ouijaouija
65? does such a beast of a tv exist? holy balony...

Woah, cut down on the dvds and spending! where dya get your money from?

Hehhehe..yeah it does exists. Mitsubishi Diamond Series 65-inch TV. I wanted to get the Alpha 85-inch TV BUT MAN! Can't afford it, $20k!

Hehehhe my $$$$ grows in hundred dollar bills on my bonsai plant! Big Grin Just kidding, I wish! You see, my part-time job barely sustains my monthly spending but buying these electronics, well, it pays to have good credit. I never owe any bills or late for them. I got the 65 inch TV, interest free till 2007. Have a bit of time paying it off. My boss pays me pretty well since I've already worked there for 4 years.

I'm going to keep my resolution to spending max $200 a mth for animes. I doubt I'll cross the limit for the next few mths unless they suddenly come up with complete R1 boxsets with Witch Hunter Robin, R.O.D TV series, Haregan, Angelic Layers, Haibane Renmei, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Saiyuki etc.
It usually depends, after all my expenses (School/Car/ETC) I look how much a usually have and most of the time spend that. Sometimes I save for a month or two and go crazy and buy like 200-300 dollars worth of stuff at a time.
i can understand why some folks buy so much stuff they cant watch- I got 2 full sets ( 26 eps each for christmas ) and im just into the second set- the other 4 sets I bought since then, i really havent watched yet, other than maybe a episode of each- Im guessing maybe by the middle of february Ill be finished ( with what I have now ) . in a few of the forums, some folks get a little compulsive with this stuff, and havent watched some of the stuff theyve bought even after months of owning them- I really think alot of you folks are just collectors who like having this stuff , and you know you couldnrt possibly watch everything you own- maybe see the set once , but it may never be watched again. I have slightly over a hundred animes ( which is nothing compared to about 95 percent of you ) and there are few ive only seen once - but what the hell- its fun .Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4