Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Your most disappointing anime this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:Originally posted by yakumo
back to topic pleaseWink

Did a big MAC order earlier this year, and so far the biggest disappointment was "Tenchi in Tokyo". I really should have believed the other reviewers :o

The first eps were ok, but it really gets boring quickly. The second disc lies for a month now, waiting to be watched. And I really can't forgive them, that they made Ryoko kind of "unsexy". Boooo!

Another disappointment was ONE. I expected some kind of "Kanon", and while it was melancholic, it also was totally confusing. Don't ask me what it really was about.

All other stuff I've seen so far matched or excelled my expectations. And sometimes you just have to take the risk of being disappointed to find some gems like Super Gals or Animation Runner Kuromi-chan.
Blue Gender.
I was pretty psyched about seeing this. The Takahashi supervision in the credits plus some generally favorable reviews online had me riled up.
Until I watched BG past the fourth episode. I'm pretty sure this is the only anime besides the Aura Battler Dunbine ovas I've ever fast forwarded through.
Quote:Did a big MAC order earlier this year, and so far the biggest disappointment was "Tenchi in Tokyo". I really should have believed the other reviewers
All Tenchi fans make the same mistake despite warnings, including myself. :p
Ok to get back to the topic. The Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors) oav were the only anime I have ever had to fast foward thru It had the Caddyshak syndrome, the original was great and the worst thing I have ever seen was the follow up. I was really disappointed in Gasaraki geez it was like watching CNN. As far as this year I really didn't enjoy Millenium Actress as much as everyone else did, I loved Perfect Blue, but there was something missing with MA. Ohh yeah Tenchi in Tokyo had a very boring beginning but towards the end it does get better.
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
I was really disappointed in Gasaraki geez it was like watching CNN.

I watched Gasaraki earlier this year and really liked it. When I saw the beginning with the US pressuring the UN to wage a war on some country, because they believed it to have weapons of mass destruction, I thought that the authors must have had some prophetic powers.

The thing I really DIDN'T like about Gasaraki were the subs. They were too good! (Yeah, it can happen!). They really translated EVERYTHING. Sometimes you had 6 lines of subs, filling like 60% of the screen. Two lines for a conversation in the background, two lines for the TV broadcast in the background and two more lines for the important conversation. And although they used different colours it was hard to make out what you really should read.
yeah l enjoyed Gasaraki as well, it slower in pace which may turn people off but its a nice series, not particularly great or bad.
I also really liked Gasaraki, found it very interesting. I really enjoyed all that political stuff.

My most disapointing anime this year had to be Ninja Scroll TV, maybe my expections were too high for it. I haetd Jubei's character desing.
i must say that GTO has let me down quite some bit. the manga was possibly the greatest thing ever
Narutaru really sucked.

Ai Yori Aoshi: Enishi as been underwhelming so far.
Sorry to jump back to the offtopic part but what is firmware?
As far as disapointments id have to say adv's release of sailor moon uncut
Though i think toei is more to blame in that situation.
Hello, I borrowed Vampre Hunter D. Though many people love it, i hated it. ALso, I borrowed vampire wars, which is the biggest pile of pooh ive ever seen. (Steer clear). The best has to be berserk
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
i must say that GTO has let me down quite some bit. the manga was possibly the greatest thing ever

no way:eek:
Quote:Originally posted by kamykami
Narutaru really sucked.

Really? This is one of the titles I'm waiting for, because the manga was excellent. Did you read the manga? Is the anime much different from the manga?
Flame of Recca...Too "simple" ! And the fightings are not very interesting...Sad
Too bad !!

ZeroF666
Some of the stuff you guys ( and gals ) didnt like i loved- Witch hunter robin for example- i love the stories and all the background stuff- the Animation was beautifull and i thought the stories were well written-

Back on topic-
Probably the most disapointing for me was Hellsing, theres one episode where there was so much swearing , i switched it back over to sub. the original japanese Im told doesnt have all that vulgarity, why they think Americans like that sort of thing is beyond me- but I also thought the animation was fantastic- wish hellsing had more vampires, thou it was not as good as i expected .

Im also disapointed in Vampire mistress miyu . i didnt know it was an older series, i though the animation was primative. Wish i waited for the dub version, it may of been more palitable. but I like the Different perspective on Vampires that it had,nice twist. i dont feel i was cheated thou, it was fun !

i also read from one of you guys that yu didnt like Vampire hunter D- well it is kind of primative- But i bought it from import Anime after I bought the R1 version of Vampire Hunter D bloodlust ( fantastic movie ) and i had to have it, no regrets- Re watched it yesterday- lighter than bloodlust but has a nice flare all its own-

Just wanted to add I really didnnt like how Berserk ended ( wont spoil it for you ) i expected more from it- you might like it thou ?
Pages: 1 2 3