Import Anime Forums

Full Version: How many people HATE their X-Box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Whats this Gamecube #2 in the US sales figure right now!!
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_pag...t&aid=2516
Oh... how I envy your Bombermanness.
My remaining Bombermans are 2 and 3 for the Super Famicom.
I still say this is the best multiplayer experience to ever grace any console.
Playing Bomberman on the Gc was a new and refreshings experince.
It had all the trapings of BM games of old. 4 player death matches and what not but it also had super graphics that just made me sit back and go damn now this is how BM should be seen.

Oh another little tid bit... I will post it because Reuters is no longer posting the story...

Source: Reuters

Microsoft Corp. nearly doubled its losses from the Xbox video game console in the December quarter, according to a regulatory filing on Friday, as the unit that makes its Office software closed in on Windows as being the company's most profitable.

Microsoft's Home and Entertainment segment, which includes the Xbox, games for personal computers and the company's TV products, posted an operating loss of $348 million in the quarter on revenue of $1.28 billion. A year earlier it had revenue of $833 million and a loss of $180 million.

The company loses money on each Xbox it sells, with some analysts pegging the shortfall at more than $100 per $199 console, meaning that strong sales for the platform actually increase its losses.
Oh and for the low down and dirty check this link...
It has links to a few great articles showing just how much M$ is losing
in this little console war.
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid...86&tid=211
Quote:Originally posted by Schultz
Whats this Gamecube #2 in the US sales figure right now!!
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_pag...t&aid=2516

Looks like that Gamcube price drop is starting to take its effect. Honestly, a system as good as that for $99 is a complete eye-opener.

morgorath, about Microsoft losing about $100 for every X-box sold...I think that has been going on for about 6 months now. I could have sworn I have seen that statement before.

Prophet Hero, yes, the US missed out on RE Survivor 2...that is why they have called the remaining Survivors after Survivor 2 by a different name in the US (Dino Stalker, RE: Dead Aim). The US didn't get Survivor 2 due to the fact that Capcom thought that it wouldn't sell well over here due to the sales of Survivor 1. The news of no release for Survivor 2 really sucked for RE fans though...Sad
on the note of the $100 loss per console. Does anyone know is microsoft did sue nvidia in the end? It was about the reason why the xbox was so expensive because of nvidia not sellgin their to chip MS at the agreed price.
I think its the oposite, the NVidia chips were not being lowered in price... like for the PC.. new cards come out as time goes and older cards are slower and are priced cheap... while NVidia's Xbox parts were still costing the premium price.
Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe
I think its the oposite, the NVidia chips were not being lowered in price... like for the PC.. new cards come out as time goes and older cards are slower and are priced cheap... while NVidia's Xbox parts were still costing the premium price.

I think JJ is correct.. I think it was Nvidia complaining about what M$ was doing and how M$ screwed them over.. that is why they wouldn't even negotiate for the next Xbox 2 i belive..
Microsoft was going to sue NVIDIA back just before the first price cut in the xbox. They were supposed to let MS get them at a cheaper price than normal. If you give the gfx at a lower price to seal the deal you owuld get X more imcoming per xbox.
+ Does anyone know if IBM is gonna make the xbox next chip or is MS just goign to use the pattents(sp)?
Yes IBM is going to be creating there next chip.. Though from what alot of people speculate Microsoft is going to start doing chip design'ing and having IBM create them and probably help design too. Thus createing there own Propietary system and to make things at a lower cost.. And also it won't be like a PC so people can't do what they did to the Xbox..
shame that lol i heard they sold quite a few for linux. I wish i coudl find out for many modded xboxs have been sold (worldwide) but would be impossible to tell.
Well i can tell you approximatly how many i have done in the last 1-2 months.. LOL.. I think alot more then what is being sold for normal purposes.. Right now i read a thing where they said there is too many Modding Xbox's in Asia for Xbox Live to do any good..
lol. There is quite a lot of companys that do them now.
Well the thing is.. You don't have to get parts to mod xbox's .. You just gotta know how to solder.. and then so the software mod.. No Mod-chip nothing.. Which makes it alot easier then having to try and keep stock of Mod-chips on hand to do the mods..
You need a certain HD dont you? if you want to upgrade it? ITs got to 5400rpm doesn't and something else ?!?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6