Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Suggestions, Anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just finished playing Golden Sun and Golden Sun: Lost Age and now I am bored. I want get another RPG, but I'm not real up to speed about what is out there for Game Cube, the Game Boy Advance or the PS2. I'm excluding Final Fantasy...for personal reasons.Rolleyes Any suggestions??
The .hack games are pretty fun although they are "action" RPGs. I suggest Suikoden III possibly the best RPG on the PS2.Big Grin
if you haven't done so already, play Final Fantasy 4 Hard-type. Get the Emulator and download the rom (and if you don't want to bother finding it, I can upload a zip on my share for download).

Other than that, I'm at a loss, most newer RPGs do little to captivate my interest.
Holy shit!! kakomu I didn't think it could happen, but I finally agree with you on everything you just stated. I feel the same way about the new Rpg genre. FF4 or 2 as its now here is one of my favorite Rpgs. Since you don't want to try any of the FF series, how about Lunar or Lufia, I've always enjoyed Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana.
Okay, let me rephrase on the whole FF thing. I've already decided I am going to play them. so I don't want those suggested. I've played Lunar: Eternal Blue, kick ass game. I heard there was a Lunar for GBA...is it true?
Shoooo is, its a remake of the original Silver Star Story on Sega Cd, with revamp graghics and a pretty cool soundtrack.
I have the original Sega CD version of Silver Star Story available to those who might want to try it. Try Lufia I and II for SNES, Phantasy Star for Genesis (II especially). I also enjoyed Beyond Oasis for the Genesis, however, it may be a little too kiddie for many people's tastes, I thought it was much more fun than Zelda for SNES.
Sword of Mana (Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu) for GBA?
For the Gamecube I'd suggest Evolution Worlds and Skies of Arcadia Legends. For the PS2 there are many BOF: DQ, Suikoden III, Grandia Xtreme, all 3 .hacks. For the GBA Final Fantasy Tatics Advance and both Advance Wars are good.
I beat Skies of Arcadia Legends, another kick ass game. I am definatly going to have to pick up the GBA Lunar...or get somebody to get it for me. Never to early to start a christmas list!! Secret of Mana I have heard a lot about, guess I'll have to look further into it. Thanks!
Big Grin
Not sure if you count strategy Rpgs but Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is a really good game. Especially if you want to clock in around 100 hours into a game. Well worth the price.
I don't think I have time before I leave this island to beat that kind of game!! 100 Hours!!! GEEZ! Tnahks touhgh!
Even though it is not a true RPG...just an action game with RPG elements...I would recommend Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow if you haven't played it. It totally blows away Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance.
Berserker I agree with you 99% of the time and Yes C:AOS is a badass game but I think C:HOD was just a little bit better due in 2 parts...

1. It really is a sequale. (it story has direct ties to Castlevania 2 (nes)
2. The main charcter is a Belmont and he uses a whip.

Don't get me wrong I may change my mind when I beat C:AOS but at this point...nope.

Ka-trillya although Schultz didn't care for Arc of the Lad I think you will. Also a few other remakes are on there way for the GBA...
Quote:Originally posted by morgorath
...Ka-trillya although Schultz didn't care for Arc of the Lad I think you will. Also a few other remakes are on there way for the GBA...

Getting a little off subject here, but...

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!
First, Schultz with "Liz" and now you with "Ka-Trillya" !!!

It's Elizabeth or "Ka-Talliya"!!!!

Now, back to RPG suggestions!
Pages: 1 2