Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Are you orders taking its time to arrive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
probably the wrong forum but its the most active.

alex sent me stuff out back at end of august and it still hasn't gotten here. He says something is going on between Canada/US that's taken 15 days for a package from him to NY that's takes a 9 hour drive. that's crazy.

I want to gauge how bad it is and/or wide spread it is.

I've asked my mailman and he says he doesn't know either. 3 weeks is a long time from canada over to the US.

I'm mainly looking for those who live in the US and your order got shipped around late august/early september.

Post where you located too if you don't mine. Oh rough estimate if you ordered before how long it takes.

more info the better I want to get the USPS to look into this. the more cases the better as they'll just give me the run around and places blame somewhere else if i'm the only one. And if alex likes see if its the Canadian end that's causing delays.

I'm in California. It used to be 7 calender days.
I'm in New York. I ordered a couple DVD sets around the end of august. Alex sent me an e-mail stating he shipped my stuff out a day after i placed the order and would receive them in 5 to 10 days. I got 'em in the mail exactly 10 days from that e-mail.
The best thing to probably do is check in with your local Post Office. Go to the "Pick-up" window and ask if theres anything there for you. The delivery guys are usually the worst to ask. Also, you might want to just ask Alex if there was any kind of tracking # on there.
nope no tracking.

my mail man is my buddy. He actually likes his new job(well it was new a year ago) and I told him to look out for my package. He tends to park the mail truck at my house or close and come in for a break/nap if its gone through most of the mail.

He knows one of the dvds is for him so he's waiting too.

as for the post office thing. I'm stuck as to which post office to go. I live right smack in the middle of two post offices. guess i'll ask him.

but problem is he just got my route. lived at the home for 1 year now. he's the 3rd mailman. Hopefully no more changes.
Yeah, dealing with the post office can be a pain in the ass. I generally get my stuff sent to my job. I'd rather carry the stuff on the subway than deal with PO people, no disrespect to your homeboy. My post office has, at the most, 3 people serving several thousand while barricaded behind bullet-proof glass. They will make you wait 2 hours to later tell you they've "missplaced" all your mail.
I have a funny feeling you'll probably get your stuff this week. I certainly hope you do.
I live in Cali. First package took 1 week, the 2nd package, sent via FedEx, took about 8-9 working days, I think.
Well, I bought stuffs from Canadian sellers elsewhere, sometimes my items take up to 3.5 weeks to reach me so I guess you should just be patient.
well...I placed an order last Sunday on the 14th for my Gundam X and my package arrived Friday morning on the 19th (yesterday)...Like always no problems...My longest delay was my previous order during the long Labor Day weekend in which I had to wait like 10 days? I live in the Bronx, Nyc as well and the dvds were sent through Canadian Post Wink...My dvds always come on time so only thing I can say is wait it out because the dvds always are shipped its just up to the post office to do their jobs Cool
It's so funny to be reading this thread from the US side of things.
I remember when I did CD reviews for a music newsletter and I was still living in Michigan, there was a 10% chance or so that demo discs sent from bands in Canada would never make it to me. I always guessed that the customs officers would keep the ones they liked or maybe there was some other problem.

The thing I like about JJ and his shipping is that he uses Express Post which gives a tracking number. So if your order does go AWOL it can be tracked down. Usually about the same time they finish the tracking is when your package shows up though.

The other thing I like about him using Express Post is that I get packages here in Ontario the very next day. Normally it takes a full week for normal mail to go from one side of Ontario to the other.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
It's so funny to be reading this thread from the US side of things.
I remember when I did CD reviews for a music newsletter and I was still living in Michigan, there was a 10% chance or so that demo discs sent from bands in Canada would never make it to me. I always guessed that the customs officers would keep the ones they liked or maybe there was some other problem.

The thing I like about JJ and his shipping is that he uses Express Post which gives a tracking number. So if your order does go AWOL it can be tracked down. Usually about the same time they finish the tracking is when your package shows up though.

The other thing I like about him using Express Post is that I get packages here in Ontario the very next day. Normally it takes a full week for normal mail to go from one side of Ontario to the other.

I've asked jj already and there's no tracking. the first half of my order didn't not come via express post. I'll assume it the regular basic one. I still ahve the envelope and it doesn't have express post sticker on it. But like I siad that order took 7 calender days.

its a sunday so I can't haggle the post office and I won't dare come out till wednesday as monday/tuesdays are a madhouse at the post office.

If this week passes and I still don't get anything either at my house or the post office can't find anything. I give up and do'nt know what to do.
JJ sent my stuff out a week ago on Friday or Saturday, I believe. I revceived it this past Friday. So it really only took like 4-5 business days for it to arrive. I live in Northern VA.
Yeah it shouldn't be taking this long, my oders never exceed the 10 business day mark.
not to change the subject.. But at least non of you have to deal with Military postal thats overseas.. Shit sometimes they send my packages back after only being here like 2 days.. which they never notified me either.. ;o( But generally it takes 3-4 weeks for something to come in for me.
Schultz brings up a good point that has happened to me too. Its possible delivery was already attempted and you weren't home, but instead of trying to redeliver, your PO sent it back. Either way contact Alex and let him know your situation if you haven't already.
umm it can't be because I've recieved stuff in my mail box before.

there's no reason for them to send it back. Of every single order I've ordered here, all are just put in my mail box.

Plus like I said my mail man atleast for now is my buddy. (he'll still be my buddy, but I've lived here for barely a year and we've had 3 different mail carriers, hopefully he'll stay for a while)

he's not gonna send it back if I"m not here. Which is rare as he coems the same or close to the same time every day, 5pm ish. and I'm always home at that time.

hell the UPS people leave stuff on at door that has a big ass sticker that says Signature Required.

Alex knows, emailed him early this week. He tells me to just wait it out.

But it seems I'm the only one who's had such a problem. I'll hit the post office wednesday to see if they got anything for me there.

but if its not here by saturday I think its fair to say its lost and feel alex should send me a new set? No? or should I wait some more.

alex shipped on August 28
Quote:Originally posted by Schultz
not to change the subject.. But at least non of you have to deal with Military postal thats overseas.. Shit sometimes they send my packages back after only being here like 2 days.. which they never notified me either.. ;o( But generally it takes 3-4 weeks for something to come in for me.

For all the problems you people have with your POs...I can't wait to come back to the states!! Military Post sucks...and on top of it we can't get UPS or FedEx!! Packages take forever to get over here...then you got to hope that it's not smashed after being loaded on a plane by people who could give a shit about you "fragile" package.

ufwa, Wait it out. It will either get to you or go back to Alex.
I ordered some sets the saturday before labor day. My stuff still hasn't arrived. Alex said there was no tracking number, and the other packages ive ordered have only taken a week to arrive. My mailman also leaves them in my mailbox as it is rather big and has a lock on it. Alex told me of some sort of shipping problem, but this is getting crazy. I'm beginning to think someone at the post office stole it or something. I don't know if Alex has insurance on his packages or not.
Pages: 1 2 3