Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Peer to Peer Music Sharing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need a reliable program to share music. How has the RIAA been? I want to only grab some Club Mixes. What should I use?
As far as I can tell, the RIAA has been busting people who are sharing large quantities of music, not necessarily the people who hop on for 5 minutes, download a song and get off.
Not sure if this would help you, but .. the applications I use for MP3's are ..

[ WinMX ] - Program lots of Japanese use, so it's nice to grab some Japanese music with this program; It may not provide RIAA protection, but I'm not sure if it's a program popular enough in the US for the RIAA to look at .. can't be too sure though.

[ Kazaa Lite ] - Many functions Kazaa doesn't offer; For one thing, there isn't any shareware, a 1000 rating cheat, and there's also IP blocking. If RIAA was desperate though, they probably would track you down anyway .. but at least there's some protection.. ^^; .. I'd suggest just not sharing a lot of files .. getting caught would be scary.. it's like $10,000 or something per song if I remember correctly Sad
Steve, I thought u were the advacate for R1 companies, and when I tried to use music mp3 collections on your HD you replied that all your mp3s were legal... now, u are looking for a P2P program that RIAA cant track....

hypocrite ;p
Lol, all my mp3's are legal. That's all I've got. I want to get some club mixes from DJ Purity which aren't on cd yet. Unlicensed makes me A OK. I'm not trying to get Madonna or stupid Linkin Park. Tell me where I can get some Happy Hardcore Mixes and I'd buy them.

Let's not translate bad feelings from another thread to this.

As far as the RIAA thing, I meant how smart are they? I want to listen to some DJ Purity Vs. 180 Paranoia, however I won't bother with the song if it's going to cost me $10,000 because the RIAA is going to prosecute everything, even if it's undeground. I have no intentions of screwing with copyright laws. Smile
According to the RIAA, ALL mp3s you download, regardless of who made them, whether or not you own them etc are ILLEGAL. The RIAA can only bust you for the ones that it owns, but in the end they're all illegal.

Face it man, you're two-faced.
Kak, you are so full of shit.
They can only bust people for violations of copyright laws. I would love to see where you got your information saying all Mp3s are illegal.
That would be like saying all .jpg files are illegal or all .html files are illegal. If Mp3s are illegal then why does Microsoft allow you to make Mp3s with its media player?

The only illegal MP3s are the ones that violate the copyright laws.

Give me a link to a reputable source and I will eat my words.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
Kak, you are so full of shit.
They can only bust people for violations of copyright laws. I would love to see where you got your information saying all Mp3s are illegal.
That would be like saying all .jpg files are illegal or all .html files are illegal. If Mp3s are illegal then why does Microsoft allow you to make Mp3s with its media player?

The only illegal MP3s are the ones that violate the copyright laws.

Give me a link to a reputable source and I will eat my words.

Ahem: "According to the RIAA", Nothing beats READING a post Wink
Steve, you will never admit any wrong doing so I will just give up... I think people see you for what you are...
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
[B]According to the RIAA, ALL mp3s you download, regardless of who made them, whether or not you own them etc are ILLEGAL. [/B} The RIAA can only bust you for the ones that it owns, but in the end they're all illegal.

To the best of my knowledge and abilities to find information on search engines, the RIAA has never taken the stance that ALL mp3s are illegal. They have made a number of other mistakes over the last few years but declaring ALL mp3s has not been amongst those errors.

I also made an error. I was out of hand saying you were full of shit. Sorry about that but I've been a bit edgy today and should enforce some self censorship here. I've had a bit of an issue with people making up public policies and laws in my assorted news groups without any basis in reality.
Ummmm yeah, I copied my Epo Freestyle CD onto my hardrive because it is a Japanese Import and I don't know where to find it. I also have Neil Young Harvest Moon because my copy was so scratched up from friends that track one couldn't play unless it was on the computer. That is it.

Ok, as far as everything else goes, screw this man. Seriously, Everybody here hates me, why? Because I said buy some R1's instead of HK DVDs. Ok great, I'm Hitler siding with these, evil corporations. I need a P2P program in order to get some Club Mixes that aren't on cd. Excuse me. My fault completely. I can't find a cd of it anywhere. DJ Purity is a free lance techno artist, I happen to enjoy his stuff and his songs are on P2P networks. I wanted to get some of those.

But go ahead hate me. Everybody will see me for who I truly am......a bitch because people take offense when I say buy the official $51 Nadesico set instead of the $30 bootleg. I don't even get to angry at R1 rips, but it's the way people tell me it doesn't hurt anyone. If anyone remembers I never started that debate. I didn't even answer until someone else did saying howthe industry is terible to us "fans". You know what, ask Vicious, ask him about how I made a AnimeOnDVD forum account in order to defend HK DVDs. My posts were over two pages in Mircosoft Word. I took lots of heat, but I did it because I believed in the good of HK DVDs (talking about original subbed sets like Touch, Mazinger Z, H2, and Kodomo No Omocha). I can see I alienated way too many here, and I'm going to say I'm sorry if I did (especially to JJ for doing it on his site). I was only trying to point out falsehoods that people believed. However in all seriousness just delete my account here now. That will solve everything, and we won't have to worry about it that way. So, without further ado, this is Steve_the_Talking_Pie, signing out. Big Grin
Steve, I didnt say I hated you, what I am saying is that you are stuborn, I have a friend who is just like you, he wont budge on any arguement even if u prove him beyond a doubt that he is wrong, even if u show him written proof, he would argue its a typo in the paper etc etc...

U are stuborn in admitting that you have downloaded mp3s of the net that u didnt own, not because you are too afraid of RIAA but because if you forteit this arguement, that means your arguements for the R1 vs HK debate becomes invalid.

I dont hate you because you buy R1 dvds, I own a ton of them self.. though i do hate alot of R1 companies... for doing shit like Lord of the Rings 2 dvd sets followed up by 4 dvd sets, thats called pure milking....

see my point? because I think i state it clearly, and I am sure alot of readers can understand it too?
Mr. The Talking Pie,

Without you, we wouldn't have the term post-slut to deal with.
I haven't seen anyone call you nasty names or throw stones at you (if you figure out how to do that over the internet please let me know). I have seen people say they believe you are wrong. That is an attack on words you have said which is a different thing from yourself.

Even when I told Kak he was full of shit, I didn't mean it personally... I'm glad that he just seemed amused by it rather than taking great offense.

After 5039 posts, it would be a shame to see such a prolific contributor leave us over a few harsh words.
From what I hear the average settlement is between $12,000-$17,000. I Believe that's for the whole ball o' wax, not per-file, still... It is my fervent belief that this is just a dark portent of things to come.

If the RIAA can get away with filing suit against INDIVIDUALS who are enjoying music for personal purposes then what's to stop them from making all sorts of decisions on how we live and what we do. We already depend so deeply on corporate industry these days, you'd think they could spare us this legal-world equivalent to the catholic school paddle. It's about control, people, and we are losing all of it fast. I shudder to think that before long we might even see "Honk Kong-Based Animation Piracy Ring Busted" grace headlines in light of this anti movie piracy BS they are shoveling at us at current.

I myself had nearly 1.5 thousand mp3's before dumping my entire folder, (shhh) and am lucky to not have been tagged, but what if? It's because of middle-american suburbanites who don't give a hoot about what happens to these innocent people trying to enjoy music in a non-obscenely-priced-and-indutry-determined-setting, who couldn't care less if 261 people (so far) have to go to the chop for listening to music, that we are slipping slowly into nationwide coma (but I begin to generalize...) Did you hear about the 12 year old that they nailed??? Inappropriate and ruthless.

MUSIC, EXPRESSION, ART; they are SACRED. The majority of this country has been so anethstitized that they don't really mind that we are now losing everything good and pure that we still have left to us... siiigh... such are the evils we've brought upon ourselves. Anyways, enough of my whining.

Bomb Saddam! Go RIAA! Yay America!!!

P.S.: If you're gonna use Kazaa or the like, you should disable file-sharing (sadly enough) as well as say no to functioning as a 'supernode' as that's what they are cheifly looking for. Keeping files to a minimum is also a plus, (I just use a separate folder which i copy files into then delete from the p2p program). That should help lots. I hope none of you ever suffer for your love of music. Smile
I dont want to get into this, but Im just interested in knowing, if anyone doesnt mind telling me. Whats the difference between an HK DVD, an R1, and the sets you see in the mall?

Okay, on music piracy. Kinda funny that America is losing that I think. When I was in school they kept trying to bring me up with the BS that I can do or say whatever I want. I learned the hard way that that was a lie. And not only that, I found out that by telling them its a lie you get in even more trouble. Funny I think. My point. America is based on freedom, right? So wheres my freedom to download MP3's?

Its like my classic argument on buying bootleg DVD's (I bought Hellsing long before it came to America on VCD) and downloading ROMs and MP3s. Is it my fault that some are hard to find and are insanely expensive (This would be the case with ROMs. Why spend upwards of a $1000 on a NeoGeo when you can download MAME?)? Or on DVD's and VCD's (To me, theyre the same thing. I know they arent, but they serve the same purpose). Is it my fault they want to charge crazy prices for DVD sets? Like Mr Joe mentioned, that Lord Of The Rings thing. My friend actually had LoTR preordered. He went out, bought it, and now look. A brand new set comes out, special edition four discs, cool book looking cover. Thats just wrong. It was the first movie, and theyre doing that junk already. Funny, cause I had LoTR on VCD. But anyway, Ill buy that when all three are released. Ill be skeptical, cause theyll release a box set then years later an even better one, and so on. One question comes to mind. Where do they get all the content? Dont they ever run out? I mean, only so much was filmed, right?
But to get back here. MP3's. I listen to alot of Jap and Korean music. I AM NOT PAYING $30 or $40 for a disc to hear some music. Maybe if it was really old... but for something brand new, just cause its imported? No.
My idea. They want to crack down like this, fine. But they should crack down on the companies too. Make them drop their prices. Thats mainly everyones argument. Why pay all that money when you can get it free?

Though I still find it funny that our freedom is slowly being stripped from us.
Pages: 1 2