Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Gundam 0079 Full Version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does Anyone have this yet? iam Expecting it in the mail any day and i wanted to know if the sub's were better than the MI Version
I've been wondering the same thing for AGES....

Please post the details of the sub quality when you get it. It'd be nice if they were good and could replace my Dub R1s.
Sure i'all post a review after i watch it
??? wich set ?

are you talking about the full series ? is there a new set ???

or are you talking about the 3 Movies based on the Tv Series ?
Yeah, the dub is horrible! I watched the movies first and enjoyed them, but then picked up the first half of the series on R1 and UGH!
Quote:Originally posted by johnkillingsworth
Yeah, the dub is horrible! I watched the movies first and enjoyed them, but then picked up the first half of the series on R1 and UGH!

In your opinion.
I heard a sample of the dub. Amuro sounded like he wanted to just give up fighting and go make out with Kai -_-;
Anyways, I'm willing to bet that it's the same mediocre subs. Not totally incomprehensible. I still got everything pretty well with minimum thought effort. Gaoda. Gaoda haunts me in my sleep Tongue
Yes, IMHO the dub sucks. I normally prefer dubs so I can concentrate more on the animation, but in this case I had to go subs. Couldn't stand Amuro's voice. Maybe in Japan they feel the same way about the Japanese voice actor and the cool otaku watch their Gundam with English dub on and Japanese subs :o
I watch any movie or show I have in it's original language so I can get the full effect of what the makers of the show had originally intended.
I hope you're watching it witout subtitles then...because that's how the creator intended it to be.
If you want to hear a good Gundam dub, track down the 20th anniversay VHS release of the Movies. Outstanding
Actually, Vinny, you sparked me to write this Wink

I needed to point out something, because it just hit me. A lot of times I hear this argument:

Quote:I watch anime in Japanese because it's how the CREATOR wanted me to see it!

Well..that's not exactly true. Mobile Suit Gundam is going to be my examply. Tomino, who created the whole MSG legacy, said he was going to overview the dubbing and handling of the series in America. He basically told Bandai of the US that if they did something he didn't like - Wham, Bam, Thank you Ma'm - he wouldn't let them release it. He chose the Voice Actors, helped with the script, and even had them remove the episode "Doan's Island" because he thought the animation was poor.

I guess my point is, some of the Japanese directors want Americans to see their creation in a dub form, as they know that it's not exactly the same. Tomino might just be the example, and if he is, then I'm proud to support him.
Quote:Originally posted by Suzakuseikun
I hope you're watching it witout subtitles then...because that's how the creator intended it to be.

Suzaku has a point. If you're watching it with subs, you're still not getting the full effect of what the creator intended. Everything is still being translated into English. But instead of the English being spoken, it's being written across the bottom of the screen. They are both equally accurate or inaccurate. The only way you're watching it in its original form is if you're watching it in raw Japanese without translations into another language.
Finally Got The Set Today only got to watch the first episode though
Episode 1"Gaoda Stand On The Ground"
Everyone's name's in chinese the sub's are not to bad some of it in broken english but it's understandable the video and audio seem fine
I usually watch the series first with subs on to understand, then give it a go with out them to see the true version. Another reason I went to HK so I could see the full on original versions of some shows that may have gotten a little messed up in the R1 department.
As for English, if he originally intended some guy who does a mediocre job to pay the bills to do the voice work, then I'd watch it like that. I'm pretty sure with, say, Shin Getter Robo, that they didn't want some English guy moaning out the attacks, but wanted Mr. "I scream so loud that my throat started bleeding" Ishikawa. And yeah, that's true about his throat Smile
Pages: 1 2