Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Most difficult videogame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
look hands down games today are easier, but there is a reason behind it. The games today are more Story driven where in the games of the past were gameplay driven. Perfect example look at FF1 that game has one of the most well know stories of all 8 bit games. It gets a face lift not only in the graphics dept, but in the story line as well. (ie what you had to do where you had to go and so forth)

One of the last games that I feel that best put the best story telling with the best gameplay challnge is Castlevania: SOTN. Play the game as Alucard and you get great gameplay with a deep, rich, & moving story line. Play the game as the bouns player "Richter" and you have one hell of a challange beating that game bar none.
Yeah ive got the Saturn version of Symphony (Dracula X) and it rocks, you also get to play as the chick and its got more music and one extra level. I think the original is still pretty rough. I haven't enjoyed a Final Fantasy game since 6 well 3 here in America, yeah the games are more driven by the stories but then sometimes with the CGs I had a feeling I was playing an interactive movie than an epic RPG. However I did semi enjoy Final Fantasy 9, it was nice to have 4 people on your team again, but I think 11 looks like Evercrap.
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
Contra Shattered Soldier on PS2 ROX!!! It is hard too but fun the whole time! I can't believe the awsome soundtrack to it either!!!

I still have yet to beat that game and get the true ending...those last few levels are so hard to make it through.

I think that is the hardest the game that I have played in a while that is actually new. Megaman Zero was hard to. I sold that game because it got too frustrating.

About Castelvania SON, I didn't think it was too hard with Richter...well, at least when you had the Holy Cross. :p

Has anyone ever beat Devil May Cry on "Dante Must Die" mode? Now, that was tough...lol.
I went halfway throught Dante Must Die mode, and stopped because I was bored.
isold Mega Man and Bass on GBA besause it was not only over the top difficult but stupid too. It has nothing but old bosses and the Items to buy from the start were worthless. I don't have time to play something that isn't meant to be beaten. I like difficult games but not when it is unfair. That game had a LOT of problems.
One of the hardest games that I've played is Gradius II (can't think of the full title). Maybe it doesn't help that I am not too good at shooters, but oh well.
You had to say Gradius!!!! I love Gradius!!! I have the Gradius 3 & 4 pack on PS2 and have played the crap out of it! Man That game IS hard but it tooo is a lot of fun because of infinite continues!!!! Thank the Video Game Gods for Inf. Continues!!!
Ugh. Not Gradius 3... I can beat all of it except for that escape thing after you beat the last "boss". Get several speed ups, and you die because you move too fast; get too few and you die from moving too slowly. I get a number of speed ups somewhere in between and I still die!
I love the Gradius titles. I'm going to go play III right now.
YEah those "fast" boards are stupid. I like how you can get the speed down ability in 3. I hate having more than 3 or 4 speed ups even in the fast board.
The faster the better.
who didn't see that coming?
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
isold Mega Man and Bass on GBA besause it was not only over the top difficult but stupid too. It has nothing but old bosses and the Items to buy from the start were worthless. I don't have time to play something that isn't meant to be beaten. I like difficult games but not when it is unfair. That game had a LOT of problems.

Hmmm...and I was thinking about buying Mega Man and Bass. It sounds a lot like Mega Man Zero. I think I might pass, or just give it a rental.

Mega Man Zero was super hard in some areas. Zero had very little abilities that actually helped out in boss fights, and once you used a Cyber Pixy thingamajig, it was gone.
Reading all of these posts about old games brings back a hell load of memories. I remember FF1, man it pissed me off when Chaos would cast Cure 4...uurrrggh, Bionic Commando, Mega Man, Commando, Metal Gear, Double Dragon, Ninja Gaiden, Ultima, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Kung Fu lol, Karate Kid catching the flies with chopsticks was hilarious lol, I can't remember if Maniac Mansion was on NES or my computer, I had well over 60 games and it's kinda hard to remember them all ...Man, I had so many NES games that rocked. I regret selling the games and system off now. I wish I still had them. A game that is old school style and hard as hell is Ikaruga for the Gamecube. My roommate owns it and, man the game style is cool and so are the graphics. If you just like old-style shoot em up this game rocks. It's kind of like the game Raystorm for the old PS1. I'm not sure if they made Raystorm for the U.S. or not, but I have the import version and it's hella cool. I own the new Contra on PS2, but I haven't tried it on the normal mode yet. I think I can beat it since I beat the easy mode with dying like maybe 3 times. Man it took forever to remember all the patterns...hopefully the continuation of the battles won't be too much harder, but since it's Contra I'm just having wishful thinking.
Man so much talk of good old games....

Hey Berserker your right most of the SOTN was easy with the cross but I had to use the Dagger tric to beat that tall boss once I found that and beat the boss I got my cross back...

I picked up FF 1 & 2 for the PS1 a couple of months ago do you know that FF 1 has an easy mode that is designed for players that never played any of the early FF were talking 6 and older... I was stunned at how easy that mode is and immeditaly went back and started a new game in normal... now to finally beat the game with 4 white mages maybe in easy mode I will.... Ha Ha....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6