Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Steve is cleaning up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nah, I'm not quitting alcohol because I never started. :mrgreen:

I'm not back that much, other than to trash talk Vicious and his Lakers. :mrgreen:

Though this was pretty sweet, today.

Alright, I went to Best Buy with my friends and bought:
His and Her Cirumstances Vol.2 = $22.99
Excel Saga Vol.4 = $19.99
Noir Vol.2 = $19.99

So I thought I was done. We decided to stop by our local comic book store. Somebody had decided to sell their anime collection on dvd. I got:
Tokyo Babylon = $9.95
Sakura Diaries: Collector's Edition = $19.95
Zenki Demon Prince Saga 2 = $9.95

There was so much more shit, but I had already spent $100 or so (though I had a $20 gift certificate to the comic book store).
But I had my favorite venders put some stuff on layaway. I'm picking it up this Wednesday:
Trigun Vol.1-8 =$9.95 each
Z-Mind = $9.95
Fancy Lala Vol.1 = $9.95
Gatekeepers Vol.1-4 = $9.95 each
I Dream of Mimi = $9.95

This goes great with my goal to buy 100 DVDs by December. I'm putting any HK order on hold for a while. Still really enjoying Urusei Yatsura. I'm on volume 18 right now. Funny as show. After episode 24 the animation gets a lot better. :mrgreen:
8O

Trigun for $9.95!!

You Americans are well lucky, living in the Uk sucks for anime
Steve, Volume 18 of Uresei Yatsura on DVD or VHS? Just wondering because I just bought the 1st 4 DVD's for it.
So if you wanna sell Sakura Diaries and your Trigun I'd be happy to buy Big Grin

seriously though, thats a great deal. I have to admit, you're a lucky person to get those deals. Best I have ever gotten is Nadesico Complete Chronicles for 45 bucks.
Yo Steve!

WTF?! Sakura Diaries Collectors edition for $19.99?! 8O 8O
I bought them single for $30.99 a piece. Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop:
You guys know that you can get Sakura Diaries collectors edition off of www.bestprices.com for $25 right? Kakoi, you have the single discs with the dubs on it. The collectors edition is slightly different from yours. It is supposed to be uncut and have alot of scenes that yours don't. But they didn't go through the trouble of dubbing it, so it's subs only.
Man that pisses me off! I bought the single DVDs when they came out. Well before there was a special edition. I used almost $120 on that. 8O Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop:
Supposedly what happened was ADV released those single discs and then there was an uproar that that wasn't the uncut version (I don't think ADV was aware that there were 2 different versions). So ADV had to get the rights to the uncut version which belonged to a different company. So they got that and put it all in 1 collectors edition with subs only.
Well, I've gotten raped in the ass with other stuff, so it's time for a good deal. For example all of the Viz Videos that I bought, Gunbuster, and the football team. Wait scratch that last one.

Seriously though, I've spent so much money on stuff it's no funny. $300 on 24 dubbed episodes of Maison Ikkoku, $130 on the DVD set before Animeniacs.com existed, and I'm still buying the R1's.

Remember Kakoi, there's one motto I always live by in life and that is: Lakers suck!!!! :mrgreen:

Eat that Vicious. :mrgreen:
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Man that was funny. Not as funny as me falling from the chair a couple days ago, but funny! I bought the entire Trigun set R1 for the ungodly price, and then I got the Box set R1 for Christmas a couple years back (when it first released). I gave my Singles away as a present to another friend! So it was a fair trade! :mrgreen:
wow! thats some great stuff, an R1 disc for the price of an HK one, I pitty the poor sap who sold all of his stuff at that small fraction of which he must have boughten it for. oh well, seeing as I will never come across a deal like that, Ill just stick to HKs :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It reminds me of the days of Ranma. Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop:
Yes me and Kaoki days of spending dollar after wasted dollar on Ranma... or the load I blew on Slayers to get the whole complete set from a fraction of the cost...
Cry Cry Cry Cry
So much wasted. Ah well, atleast I know about HK DVDs now. :mrgreen: I really don't know what I would do without them. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Preach on brother man... I am a new man since dicovering them... I owe Schultz more than he knows...
Pages: 1 2