Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Translation help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I figured I'd start a new thread for anyone that has questions about translating a word or phrase.

My question is, I want to know what "Boysan Non" or is it "Boys An Non" translates to. Godai has a jacket that says that on the back of it all throughout MI and the other day I saw Kasuga wearing a similar jacket in KOR. Any help translating that over to english or an english equivalent would be appreciated.
I have a question. what does "piyo piyo" mean? I saw it on karinin's aprin more than once and became very curious.
piyo means chirp, shockingly enough Smile
thanx much, sorry vicious, dont know. but now I see what you mean and I want to hear the answer too. hopefully one of the people on this board who speak some japanese will be able to respond :mrgreen:
To me it seems like it would be translated "No Boys". :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Or it could be just the average odd japanese "english". :wink: :wink: :wink:
yeah, thats probably what it is, the japanese use a lot of english words as decorations. when I visited japan I saw a lot of shirts like that. for example a little girl with a shirt saying "I am a sailor" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
But why would Kyosuke and Godai who are both boys, wear a jacket that says "No Boys"? Truly puzzling.
See that is the fun of the japanese culture. The are required to learn english for a couple years, and they get strange stuff like that. I need to think of a wacky japanese phrase and put that on a jacket. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: