The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
Chinese / Other stuff - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Babble (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Chinese / Other stuff (/thread-627.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Chinese / Other stuff - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 10-30-2002

Well that chugs massive cock. Chinese is a weird language. But what am I saying Japanese is my favorite language and they use Kanji. It is a twited existence. 8O 8O 8O

Chinese / Other stuff - matthewmalay - 10-30-2002

Learning to read and write chinese is the hardest thing in the world. My mom forced me to go to chinese school for two years and I didn't learn jack shit (well not true- I did learn to write my name).

Chinese / Other stuff - Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 10-31-2002

Why exactly did your mom want you to go to Chinese school? :mrgreen:

Chinese / Other stuff - matthewmalay - 10-31-2002

To learn how to read and write chinese and speak mandarin

Are you Chinese?

Chinese / Other stuff - matthewmalay - 10-31-2002

Yes I am

Oh ok. I didn't know. :mrgreen:

Chinese / Other stuff - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 11-01-2002

Well being chinese would be a legitamate reason to go to a chinese school. But seriously that language will rot your brains out trying to write it. 8O 8O 8O 8O I can write about 150-200 kanji off the top of my head. They are the hardest part about japanese and chinese is where they came from. 8O 8O 8O

Chinese / Other stuff - Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 11-01-2002

The chinese character for cart looks like a cart with a horse.

Chinese / Other stuff - matthewmalay - 11-01-2002

The worst part about the chinese school was that it was mandarin only and I can only speak cantonese. I was doomed from the start. It would have been nice to learn how to read chinese though, dont have to deal with engrish subtitles

Chinese / Other stuff - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 11-01-2002

Chinese just looks so cool when it is written. I would love to just be able to write that language. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Chinese / Other stuff - Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 11-06-2002

My friend speaks Cantonese. Is it still used? I hear it's not used that much anymore, from what some people tell me. :roll:

Chinese / Other stuff - matthewmalay - 11-06-2002

What kind of question is that, of course it's still used in Hong Kong, Canton province , Malaysia and wherever they are cantonese. You were problably thinking about traditional chinese writing which is slowly getting taken over by simplified chinese.

Chinese / Other stuff - Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 11-06-2002

Ok, that's what it must have been. I know nothing at all about Chinese culture (or very little).

Chinese / Other stuff - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 11-07-2002

I can see why there are so many illiterate people in China. That language is HARD, with a capital HA. How can you expect little kids living out in the middle of nowhere to learn that. 8O 8O 8O